FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce NE-700X earphones / IEM (non-mic version) - post your thoughts here
Feb 13, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #151 of 235

Quote:
hmmm, I hate to say it, but right now I am kind of dissapointed in the 700X =/
First of all, I tried the Triple Flanged, but they started hurting my ears after an hour or so, so I had to take them out. I kind of expected this though, since I have a small head xD
I then proceeded to use the stock foam tips that were included in the 7M (which I loved and used all the time), and noticed that the 700X were harder to get a good fit in my ear. This, again, is explainable because I have a small head and the 700X are noticeably larger than the 7M.
The thing that disappointed me the most though is the lack of bass. Yes, the lack of bass on the 700X! I couldn't believe it when I first heard them, because I remember when I first used my 7M and the bass was really good. The treble was clearer than the 7M, but the bass was lacking =/
I went home and let them burn in through my iPod for around 10 hours and tried them on again, but not much change =[
Does the 700X take alot of burn in time for them to shine?? I really hope that is the case, and that I don't have a defective unit...

Also, if I want to Awesome Mod the Shure Olives to fit the 700X, which size Olives should I get? Does the size of the Olives refer to the size of the eartip, or the size of the hole (that connects to the IEM)? Thanks~

You are not getting a good seal if you have no bass or little bass.  Try either the tips for a Shure E2c or the Complys foam T400 tips.  Burn-in mostly smooths them out, and tightens up the bass detail and control.  But it will not increase of decrease the bass levels, but a proper fit should fix that.

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #152 of 235

Quote:
Quote:
hmmm, I hate to say it, but right now I am kind of dissapointed in the 700X =/
First of all, I tried the Triple Flanged, but they started hurting my ears after an hour or so, so I had to take them out. I kind of expected this though, since I have a small head xD
I then proceeded to use the stock foam tips that were included in the 7M (which I loved and used all the time), and noticed that the 700X were harder to get a good fit in my ear. This, again, is explainable because I have a small head and the 700X are noticeably larger than the 7M.
The thing that disappointed me the most though is the lack of bass. Yes, the lack of bass on the 700X! I couldn't believe it when I first heard them, because I remember when I first used my 7M and the bass was really good. The treble was clearer than the 7M, but the bass was lacking =/
I went home and let them burn in through my iPod for around 10 hours and tried them on again, but not much change =[
Does the 700X take alot of burn in time for them to shine?? I really hope that is the case, and that I don't have a defective unit...

Also, if I want to Awesome Mod the Shure Olives to fit the 700X, which size Olives should I get? Does the size of the Olives refer to the size of the eartip, or the size of the hole (that connects to the IEM)? Thanks~

You are not getting a good seal if you have no bass or little bass.  Try either the tips for a Shure E2c or the Complys foam T400 tips.  Burn-in mostly smooths them out, and tightens up the bass detail and control.  But it will not increase of decrease the bass levels, but a proper fit should fix that.

hmm but the weird thing is, I used the same eartips for my 7M and 700X, and the 7M produced significantly more bass than the 700X...I am still burning them in right now, and if I don't feel that they are better than my 7M after 50 hours of burn in, I will try to contact Nu-Force and see if they can send in another pair =/
I wish I could use those other tips, but I only have stock ones right now xD
I am planning to get the Olives though if someone can confirm they can fit the 70X with a mod...

Just read the entire thread and noticed a user named yoshixb (pg 7~8) also had a problem with their 700X. I was also surprised when I first used my 700X and found that the treble was detailed while the bass was recessed =[

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #153 of 235
Hey, yeah, my first 700Ms had recessed mids, the bass and the treble were fine but the mids were nowhere to be found.  I sent them back and got a replacement within three days.  The replacements are outstanding, a clear step up from the NE-7s. 

I use a Headstage Arrow every now and then and the 700Ms are the only ones I never use bass boost with.  If you're not getting bass I would guess that it is either a seal issue or a defect.

I will say that I still struggle to get the right seal myself.  It's spot on at times but slips easily.  I'm going to try the Sony Hybrids soon.  But other than the stock tips, I have been very, very pleased with the 700Ms. 

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #154 of 235
I see...how did you order your replacement? Did you just log a Help Desk ticket or something and send it back before or after they sent you a replacement? Thanks~

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #155 of 235
Yes, opened a ticket with the help desk.  They then shot me an email and told me to send them back.  I got the replacements 24 hours after they received my return.  Very quick and relatively painless!

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #156 of 235
I actually think it might be the seal now...Since I have a relatively small head, and the 700Xs are like 2 times as big as the 7M, they don't fit as comfortably and I think they may be a bit loose =/
I wish I could change the size of my ear or head so I can experience these great earphones xD

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #157 of 235
I actually think it might be the seal now...Since I have a relatively small head, and the 700Xs are like 2 times as big as the 7M, they don't fit as comfortably and I think they may be a bit loose =/
I wish I could change the size of my ear or head so I can experience these great earphones xD

Or you good find the right IEMs to fit you.

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #158 of 235

Quote:
Quote:

Or you good find the right IEMs to fit you.

I guess that would be easier than changing my head size xD
It just a shame, I really wish I could use these since I'm a big fan of the 7Ms =/

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #159 of 235
Good feedback for us to make the next earphones.  Earphones are very personal items and if we find a winning platform (such as 700), we can make different shapes and sizes, with slightly different change in sound characteristics.  NE-7M and NE-6 were great, but the quality is a big issue and we ended up pay a big price for it (with many free replacements).  NE-700 earphones are produced in a big factory that also manufactured a lot of the "big names" (and expensive) earphones so we have confident that quality will go up over time.  The parts in earphones are very small and QC is always a challenge.

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #160 of 235
ah, I still remember when I got my 7Ms and used them for the first time- pure bliss xD
If you could make a 7M sized 700X, I would definitely buy it^^
Thanks for producing such great earphones at an affordable price~

I just tried the 700X at a higher volume than my 7M (the volume bar on my ipod is farther to the right) and I can feel a bit more bass now
I still think I don't have a good fit though, as the 7M seem to feel like they go deeper in my ear...
Which size Shure olives would I have to mod for them to fit the 700xs? Thanks~

Feb 16, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #161 of 235

[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]
Got my pair of ne-700x today and I got good fit with the default medium tips and am happy with the sound (though these are very initial impressions).

The bass seems very similar in quantity to that of the Brainwavz M2 and overall sound is similar to the NE-7m but with more detail/clarity. They need a bit more volume(2-3db on the sansa fuze) for same loudness as the M2. I could make out a fair bit of variation in sound(especially bass) just by swapping the medium silicone tips from the M2/PL30 etc as well as by pushing the tips in deeper.
[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #162 of 235
Jason,

did you guys just change the tips? The tip I got for my replacement is much better, looks thicker and stays in my ears better. I'm finally satisfied with it :)

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #163 of 235
concrete

I should be getting my replacement today (since USPS tracking says it's in town), so I will check to see if the tips are any different. The tips that came with my first pair didn't really give me a good seal, so I am looking forward to these "new tips" ^^
Will report back later~

oh also, I've got to mention that Nu-Force has one of the best customer service EVER! I sent them a ticket about my pair, and 3 hours later they sent me an email saying they would immediatly send in a replacement pair. Only 3 hours! I was amazed xD

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #164 of 235
Just unboxed them and tried them out. The tips seem to be the same, but WOW, I really must have had a defective pair because the bass on these are "thumping" ^^
I dunno any technical terms to describe it, but I guess you could say that the bass is "accurate"..? Treble is detailed, and I am looking forward to burning in these new pairs today^^

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #165 of 235
Back aways in this thread I posted a question about using the 700M (the version with the mic) with an HTC Incredible phone.  I answered my own question:  They work just fine.  The microphone doubles as a switch.  The switch controls backward, pause and forward for the player (I am using the great PowerAmp app).  The switch also allows me to answer and end a call.

I like the sound.  Good across the spectrum without excelling in any category.  They work well with the phone and without an amp.  I have a pair of the NE-6, which I didn't like for sound and even less for the weird fit.  These work much, much better on both counts.

I'm using the stock tips and having a little difficulty with seal but it may just be a matter of getting used to them.  They work well over the ear and the microphone works just as well.  Over the ear the microphone lies along the jaw instead of on your collarbone.  The sound quality of calls are about the same either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back