FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce NE-700X earphones / IEM (non-mic version) - post your thoughts here
Jan 17, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #107 of 235
I'm thinking of getting one to use with my HTC Incredible.  The jack doesn't seem to be recessed, so I'm not thinking there will be any fit problems.  Any experience otherwise?

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #109 of 235
I'm considering getting the 700Ms to go with the iPhone 4. I'm wondering how they compare to the M-Audio IE-10s (UE SuperFi 3 Studios) that I use now.

I'm also interested if anyone knows how the 700s pair with the uDAC-2 and the Icon Mobile. I'm assuming they would be a good match as they are both Nuforce products.

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #110 of 235

Quote:
I'm considering getting the 700Ms to go with the iPhone 4. I'm wondering how they compare to the M-Audio IE-10s (UE SuperFi 3 Studios) that I use now.

I'm also interested if anyone knows how the 700s pair with the uDAC-2 and the Icon Mobile. I'm assuming they would be a good match as they are both Nuforce products.

Thanks!

I know it pairs well with the Nuforce Icon Mobile and that supposedly uses the same amp section.  I was one of those people that preferred the Icon Mobile to the thin sounding uDac (can't speak for ver. 2).

Jan 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #111 of 235

Oh gee, you guys (and gals?). Unless you are not from the USA, we offer free shipping!  Give it a try :).
The 700 series do well in many areas so when you first listen to it, you might not realize how good it is.

Quote:

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #118 of 235
The sound has grown on me.  Although I found them bassy to begin with, I think this is more rooted to the tips plus the highs on these kill the NE7Ms.  To be honest, I'm not an IEM kind of person and only really wanted it for those times that I can't or don't want to lug around my Sennheiser HD25s.  I'm not really sure what to expect from a good set of IEMs.

I do think the stock tips are anything but notable.  So it might be a good idea to invest in some Shure or Sony replacements.

Also, I will say the build quality is great on these earphones except for ... the button.  While I don't think the button is a wretched mess like the original NE7Ms were, I don't think it's much better than the one that's currently being used on the NE7Ms.

The one nice thing I can say about it is that it's nice to not have to look for button as the whole thing is clickable.  But sometimes your clicks don't register if you don't put pressure on the middle of it.  Plus it's not a really satisfying button.  It pales in comparison to the seemless Apple button it's trying to imitate.  Let it be known though, most buttons on 3rd party iPhone IEMs are fail anyway. It would've been nice to have volume controls on them, but it's still suitable.

http://flic.kr/p/9cYC67

http://flic.kr/p/9cVydK

(I can't get my flickr pics to show right, so you can click on those unless someone wants to explain or do it for me)

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #119 of 235
Got my replacement pair today and...I'm thrilled.

A clear step up from the NE-7Ms.  Cleaner bass, much more detailed highs, better sound stage.  There was clearly something "off" about the first set I got.

The bass is strong but not overwhelming and the detail is very good.

If you're choosing between the NE-7Ms and the NE-700Ms, go with the 700. 

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #120 of 235
I just ordered today the NE-700M ... I excited to arrive soon :)
they have a long way from the offices Nuforce to Santiago from Chile (south america)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back