FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Oct 14, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #376 of 877
Wow - great support! 

Has anyone tried plugging their phones into the RCA outs yet?

Completely silent - no hiss whatsoever!

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #377 of 877
Quote:
It is not that we are doubting you. None of us can hear the tone at our office. Other users have posted online that they don't hear the tone either.  We have heard nothing from Hong Kong, Japan (and these are two countries with picky audiophiles), France.  Only a few complains from USA, a few more from Sweden. 
All we can do now is to retrieve those 6 units from Sweden for thorough testing at factory.  I remembered one US customer returned a uDAC-2 with complain of high pitch tone, but we can't hear it.

Kudos to Jason and NuForce!  
beerchug.gif
 And a very big thank you for listening to your customers.  It is never easy as a small manufacturer to deal with a possible batch of equipment that is sporadically problematic.  NuForce has earned huge goodwill in my book for doing the right thing, most especially by acknowledging our experiences, a key aspect of customer service that many businesses fail to understand.  At Jason's request, I will contact their customer support to see how this situation can best be resolved.

--Ken

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #378 of 877
Can anyone help me over this:

As soon as i plug in my udac2-hp to my pc
-> "usb power surge, the connected device has exceeded current limits" error comes up.
-> if i keep the dac plugged in & restart the system - a usb device has exceeded current limits, system will reboot in 15 sec error comes up.
-> when i tried it again today- usb device has malfunctioned, windows cannot recognize connected device.
-> only once it came up as - found new hardware...new hardware installed, you must restart system now.....and then -  a usb device has exceeded current limits, system will reboot in 15 sec error comes up.
-> i've tried it on as many 4 systems & none of them were able to make it work.
-> when i keep it plugged in it becomes hot slightly over time. 

Is this device broken or am i doing something wrong?
Any help ?
Thanks.

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #379 of 877
Does your USB port have trouble with other devices that require power, like a portable hard drive?  Many computers do not put out enough power out of their USB ports, and a Y-cble is often used to get enough power to a device.  Alternately, how many devices are you supplying power to through your ports?

--Ken

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #380 of 877
Thanks for the response replytoken.
->Initially i had a usb mouse that stopped working as soon as i plugged in the dac....this happened on all 4 computers.
-> I tried removing all usb devices...still the dac didnt work
-> These systems have powered portable usb hard drives many times without any problems.

I've tried almost every solution that was available online...didnt help.
I am absolutely clueless right now.....guys help!!

Oct 14, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #382 of 877
Hi all:

I just received this today but it doesn't seem to be working. I hear the 'pop' when I plug the usb into my pc with the volume up, but the led doesn't light up, and Windows isn't detecting it like it did for my original uDac. I've tried a few different usb outputs as well. Any ideas?

-Daniel

Oct 14, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #383 of 877
You don't see it recognized under  Control Panel>Sound?

There should be a light when you turn the volume knob up, otherwise something is wrong.

Oct 14, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #384 of 877
Nope! The only indication anything works is the powerup pop sound I get when I plug it in-if I have the volume knob turned on. But yeah...NO led, no windows device icon, no driver installation or anything. I gave the first uDac to my gf so I don't have another usb cord to try at this time. Here's another thing: when I tried to restart my computer it shut itself back down 3 times when the uDac 2 was connected. I disconnected in....VOILA! What the hell?

-Daniel

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #385 of 877

I have almost the same issue with my udac2.
sometimes as soon as its plugged in, the system restarts.
Also the LED has never turned up...although the unit becomes slightly hot after keeping it plugged in the system for some time.
Quote:
Nope! The only indication anything works is the powerup pop sound I get when I plug it in-if I have the volume knob turned on. But yeah...NO led, no windows device icon, no driver installation or anything. I gave the first uDac to my gf so I don't have another usb cord to try at this time. Here's another thing: when I tried to restart my computer it shut itself back down 3 times when the uDac 2 was connected. I disconnected in....VOILA! What the hell?

-Daniel

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #388 of 877
Today i got a new usb cable for udac2.
This time the LED on the dac turned on & was red.
In device manager the status says -> could not start the device :code10
Although it displays the name of the dac as nuforce udac2
The dac shows up as usb composite device with a yellow ! mark.
I tried to install it as a new hardware & also tried to uninstall/reinstall but it still could not start.

Any opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back