FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
May 22, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #781 of 877
deleted

May 26, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #782 of 877
That iDo is very interesting. I had been considering getting the Pure i20 but I might opt to get this one instead. 

My suggestion though is to offer it in white, since my iPod docks (to use as LODs) are white so it'd be nice to have something that color coordinates.
Please keep us informed on the specs of this, like what DAC it has (if any). I'm sure it'll have optical outputs?

May 27, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #783 of 877
The color will be silver, black, red and blue anodized aluminum just like our Icon series products.
There is a DAC (obviously, and it is the same DAC used in uDAC2), headphone amp is more powerful than uDAC-2.
The additional important feature is that its IR receiver is compatible with iPod remote control.

Quote:
That iDo is very interesting. I had been considering getting the Pure i20 but I might opt to get this one instead. 

My suggestion though is to offer it in white, since my iPod docks (to use as LODs) are white so it'd be nice to have something that color coordinates.
Please keep us informed on the specs of this, like what DAC it has (if any). I'm sure it'll have optical outputs?

May 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #784 of 877

Jason,

Regarding the Signature uDac-2... when will that become available?  Sorry if you've stated it elsewhere, I couldn't find it if so.

Thanks!

Quote:
Yes, that's the one. The crystal will be changed to clear instead of yellow. It will come with a lot of accessories, including leather carrying case.
Circuit board will also be cryogenic (and a secret process) treated.

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #786 of 877

Quote:
The color will be silver, black, red and blue anodized aluminum just like our Icon series products.
There is a DAC (obviously, and it is the same DAC used in uDAC2), headphone amp is more powerful than uDAC-2.
The additional important feature is that its IR receiver is compatible with iPod remote control.

Jason, I love using the uDAC-2 to feed the RCA out into my Audioengine A2 speakers, but the long and thick USB cord is a real pain to roll up and keep out of the way.  

Is there a way that you guys could make a short 4-6" USB cable for this so we can more easily use the uDAC-2 with laptops?  I have short USB cables, but they have the mini-USB and not the bigger square USB connector.

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #787 of 877
Check out this alternative:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030301&p_id=5437&seq=1&format=2

There is also a 1.5ft one available (this is what I use), but it's out of stock. Makes for a very convenient package! 

Quote:
Jason, I love using the uDAC-2 to feed the RCA out into my Audioengine A2 speakers, but the long and thick USB cord is a real pain to roll up and keep out of the way.  

Is there a way that you guys could make a short 4-6" USB cable for this so we can more easily use the uDAC-2 with laptops?  I have short USB cables, but they have the mini-USB and not the bigger square USB connector.

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #788 of 877
Just installed my uDAC 2 upgrade. I finally decided to go for it. IMO it's a pretty incredible difference, for the better! Mids and lows sound a lot tighter, and there is better separation in the sound.

I did have to install it in "backwards", as I noticed the PCB of the uDAC 2 was slightly larger than the PCD of version 1.

Volume control is handy, as is the less obtrusive white LED.

I don't see Nuforce making a lot of money through the upgrade, so if you were an early adopter of the uDAC, definitely consider the $65 upgrade!

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #789 of 877

Quote:

It is hard to do because our USB cable has to be made in large quantity at the factory.

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #790 of 877

Quote:
Jason,  
Regarding the Signature uDac-2... when will that become available?  Sorry if you've stated it elsewhere, I couldn't find it if so.

Thanks!

One of the accessory (probably some leather case) got delayed. If you really want to get it now and have the accessory later, email directsales@nuforce.com

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #791 of 877
The digital interface is different, so there is no sharing. We are not suppose to talk about this product too much, until it has received final approval, hopefully in 3 weeks time.

Quote:
Very interested in the iDo.
However it only takes 6.5v/2.3A from an AC adapter? Specifically which battery power supply can I use with iDo?
Also is the USB input of iDo only usable with i-Devices? Will it work with regular computer's USB ouput?
Thanks.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #792 of 877
I do notice that the uDAC2 is warmer in temperature (the enclosure) than the uDAC when powering headphones. Did anyone else experience this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back