First Impressions: BeyerDynamic DT 770-250
Jul 18, 2002 at 6:30 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by punosion
Hey Gloco,

It's great that you enjoy your DT770's! Going from a pair of Sony MDR-V770DJ's, these are a magnificent set of cans. I would HIGHLY recommend them for any type of electronic music. My main interest is in electronic music, mostly DJ sets, and these cans are perfect for bringing out the deep basslines in the music I listen to. Very engaging and warm.

The only depressing thing is, when I mix, I monitor the mix in my headphones. When I take them off, I hear the drastic difference between the cans and my Sony MHC-C405 mini-system, and realize I REALLY need a monitor upgrade
wink.gif

mdr-v770dj? huh?

Jul 18, 2002 at 9:35 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3

mdr-v770dj? huh?

I'm assuming he meant the 700's.

Aug 6, 2002 at 9:25 AM Post #51 of 54
Finally, Papa Lazarou's DT770s ended up in my hands.
biggrin.gif

It surely deliever the "wow" factor and surely have smooth and refined bottom ends when compared to other headphones that I have. As for whether they have a "darker" music presentation. I don't want to comment on that yet since I only have these cans for about 2 days. My impression is that it trades offer some details in the mid-range with the gains in bass. Personally, I thinks the DT770s are great for pops and jazz where a bit more bass will just get your feet tapping. Besides, trying Mile Davis's kind of blue on them feel so live. It was like I closed my eyes and felt like I was in a quiet Jazz bar where a Jazz band is playing upfront.

However, I kind of disagree with Tomcat who said these cans perform quite well with rock. Maybe it's just persoanl taste, when it comes to rock, they sound kind of having too much emphasis on the bottom and listening to some already bass heavy materials just gave me a headache last night because (IMO) Oasis's music just turned in noise. Well, my point is I am finding these cans a bit fatiguing on some of those already bass heavy music.

As for classics and other genres, will comment on them when I spend a bit more time. Overall a worthy purchase and nice for change for something different to 4Ps, HD600s and K501s.

Just my 2 cents.

Aug 6, 2002 at 11:39 AM Post #52 of 54
Slightly off-topic: Beyer 770 headphone movie sighting.

In an effort to get out of yesterdays sweltering heat, a female friend of mine dragged me to the movies where we saw "It's about a Boy" starring Hugh Grant.

Anyway, there is a scene where he is going thru a record store (the movie is based in London) and the people at the listening stations are using Beyer 770's!

Not sure what store it was, but it had a bigger corporate look. After thinking a bit I realized that despite the expense of using better headphones at listening stations, they probably sell more music because of those Beyers. Lucky blokes! All we get here in the states are cheap Koss (bad ones), or Sony 600's
mad.gif
, and a very limited number of CD's to listen to.

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #54 of 54
ok so attempting to remember as much from my electrical engineering classes the Ibasso D6 states that it can max .65 Watts into 32 ohms. So using W=I^2 *R I get that the current is .13975 Amps. Now I can calculate the voltage using V=I*R which comes out to be 4.47 volts. Now using the that voltage and the resistance of the DT770 (250Ohms) the new power out max is 80mW. The DT770 states 100mW max input so to me this means that while I cannot max them out I can still power them? any thoughts? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back