First Impressions: AKG K271 MkII
Feb 9, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #16 of 100
Quote:

...velours a bit loose and flabby in extreme regions (with pleathers it's tight the way I like it).

Interesting, I actually found the exact opposite with mine. I guess that we can be glad that the pads help these adapt to differently shaped heads.

I do agree that the velours are much more comfortable though. I swapped out my pleathers some time ago and never went back.

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #17 of 100
Quote:

These sound great out of both my uDAC and Pico -> WA6 BTW. I love the dead-flat and clear mids on these, they get it just right IMO (more than K701).

I ´ve bought the K701 yesterday... they´re on it´s way
icon10.gif
. Really looking forward to comparing them with the K271.

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #20 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by sranderle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone swapped out the cable on these?

Headphone.com is recommending the Cardas AKG k702 Mini-XLR Headphone Cable.

I use Zu Mobius, it's also interchangeable with K702 due to the same mini-XLR connector.

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #23 of 100
I received my K271s today.
L3000.gif
I was only able to listen to them for a couple of hours, but, WOW!! And this coming straight from the ipod headphone jack.

I immediately went to one of my favorite tracks, Lord's Tundra by Dean Peer. If they sound this good right out of the box, I can't wait to hear them after burnIn. A couple coworkers demoed them with the same track. They were amazed at the sound as well. We even switched to the Sony MDR-V600s temporarily. ONCE.

Anyone care to share a great track for showing off the K271s?

The velour pads are definitely going on tomorrow morning. The leatherette is too warm. Very lightweight and comfortable!!

They don't block out external noise quite as good as the DT770s or HD380s, but are still respectable for a work environment. I could faintly hear coworkers talking, but I could not understand them.

A couple of questions on burnIn. What is recommended? How necessary is it? Since these cans automute, how do you burn them in? Any recommendations for good tracks/albums/genres?

More to come...

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #25 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdogzthmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got some K271s on the way! Ordered them from ebay for $154 which seemed like a good price. I hope they are a good compliment to my K702 which already is amazing.

MKII is available from B&H at $164
AKG | K 271 MK II Professional Studio Headphones | 2470 Z 00190

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #26 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdogzthmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got some K271s on the way! Ordered them from ebay for $154 which seemed like a good price. I hope they are a good compliment to my K702 which already is amazing.

if you need a closed HP, i doubt you'll be disappointed. after owning the K701 and prefering the K601, which i've had for a couple of weeks on loan, i'm tempted to try the K702 and roll some cables.

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #27 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishski13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you need a closed HP, i doubt you'll be disappointed. after owning the K701 and prefering the K601, which i've had for a couple of weeks on loan, i'm tempted to try the K702 and roll some cables.

I started with the K601 then bought the K702. They are different enough to warrant owning both but I ended up selling the K601.

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Feb 24, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #28 of 100
AKG make claims about no sound leaking from these headphones. If I was sitting on a settee next to someone reading in a quiet room, would they be able to hear anything?

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #29 of 100
Fanboy here!

For my personal liking, they are flawless, except the work-to-rule deep bass section. Kickbass and mids are worldclass as compensation though.

If anyone is interested: They get a real performance boost if you equip them with dyed DT770 pads from headphile. That has been confirmed on many meets where they regularly embarrassed the shiny K701 crowd.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #30 of 100
What would be the biggest difference between the headphile pads and the stock AKG velours? Bit concerned since they're very expensive and the stock velours don't sound too great for me (I prefer the mids and tightness of the pleathers more; but this may be because of a seal problem) and don't fit too well for me either (not deep enough, my ears touch the driver foam).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back