First headphones after discovering Head-Fi
Nov 14, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #272 of 329
I'd been a Head-Fier for less than a month and then I bought the Denon AH-D2000's for 265eur and the Meier-Audio CORDA OPERA-analog for 580eur.
And I love 'em, absolutely loooove 'em
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #273 of 329
Triple-fis, never regretted it! And Lyrix amp for it, need some burn in and that amp got ridiculously better.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #277 of 329
I joined Head-Fi about a year ago. After reading for a few weeks I had my mind set on the HD650. It was not until two months ago that I finally came up with the dollars to buy an HD650 and FiiO e7/e9.

People balk at the idea of spending $500 on headphones when I talk about it. I don't dare to mention the fact that my set is considered entry level, and serious, high-end equipment can cost many multiples of my measly $500.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #279 of 329
My lovely sr-60i's (which I bought from a  user here, no less)! Would have never discovered the perfect rock headphone line if it weren't for this wonderful place.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #280 of 329
Denon ah-c751 (followed almost instantly by D2000) and love them both!

Haha totally same history, other than that i had AH-C710 between those two.
I have spent hundreds of euros, mostly to in-ears trying to find better than my Denon's, finally coming into conclusion that i have found a home from Denon's headphones. It's actually quite nice in a way that i don't need to get excited about every headphone that gets released. :D

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #281 of 329

Quote:
My lovely sr-60i's (which I bought from a  user here, no less)! Would have never discovered the perfect rock headphone line if it weren't for this wonderful place.

SR60i for me, 3 years ago. I was I India and had to wait for one of my friends to travel from the US to get me one...I use my SR325 now, but I still have the 60is.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #282 of 329
I had a pair of Audio Technica ATH-W5000 "Raffinato" headphones prior to joining Head-Fi last month and I knew about this place for a few years. I decided to trade them for a like new mint condition pair of Sennheiser HD-650 headphones with the stock cable and Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable. I should get them tomorrow. Technically, I did not pay for these Sennheiser HD-650 headphones or the Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable, but these will be my first new pair of headphones since joining Head-Fi last month. I think that I will fall in love with them because I had a pair of Sennheiser HD-600 headphones with the Cardas headphone replacement cable years ago and I liked them, but I decided to sell them to a friend of mine. My next pair of headphones may be the Sennheiser HD-800 with the Cardas headphone replacement cables for the Sennheiser HD-800 headphones in a few more years, but I think that mid-fi components are the sweet spot and I think that I will be very happy with my Sennheiser HD-650 headphones. I am thinking about buying a used Cardas headphone replacement cable for the Senneheiser HD-650 headphones because I have Cardas Golden Reference Power and Interconnects in my current home audio system. I think that it will be better for synergy. Yet, I know that cables make minor differences in sound quality and they are a personal preference so I am not too concerned at the moment.

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #284 of 329
My first were the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and FiiO E7 for $88.91 and $104.89 respectively.  I like both a lot, but I would not purchase them again.  Since tasting sweeter fruit, I don't see the point of returning to my roots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back