First good set of full-size cans
Aug 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bba1973

500+ Head-Fier
As the title states, I'm looking for my first good set of full-size cans. I've got Koss KSC75s, Portapros, and JVC HA-RX700s, but I want something high-end. I'm used to IEMs and my main set are Etymotic HF5s (with a 100 ohm impedance adapter). If I could get something as good as or better with a more realistic soundstage, I'd be happy. Something with a similar neutral, detailed sound sig. AKG 702s have caught my eye, but I'm really not sure of what all is out there. I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly classic rock, progressive rock, heavy metal, and jazz fusion. Dabbling in classical music and funk/soul too.

Budget is ~$250 USD, but I'm probably not going to buy them for a few months or so. I've got an 5.5G iPod with q-0.8 OGG Vorbis (but I've got plenty of CDs and FLACs if I need to rerip stuff) and a mini3, so I'll be using them with that. Maybe this would pose a good excuse to get an m3?

So, any thoughts? Are there any good "vintage" cans I should consider that I could possibly get for cheap?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back