First ever AKG K99 Full Review
Nov 4, 2008 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Benaiir

1000+ Head-Fier
First off: I'm no audiophile (Best I've tried is like Beyer DT880, which kinda squeeze your head, which I don't like and Bose Triports, which are pricy) and I'm 13 (And a half!) years old.

Alright, last week I picked up theAKG K99's @ $75 bottomline @ Guitar Center (If you're on a tight budget try Twisted Sister or something and end @ $50 or somethin')

They've got a nice look to it. Navy-ish blue with chrome rings on each side. The pads are pleather, the headband is plastic which kills your neck if you wear them on your neck while playing on full blast. These can't be worn monitor-style unliess you have one cup on your ear, and the other about it The bass is great but it's monkey flop on an iPod when you turn it up on the EQ, but then again... What isn't? It's comfy too, but after 15 minutes of listening, it gets a little too warm, the back of my ear gets damp and I'm forced to take em' off for like a 10 seconds (But I don't mind). The cable's pretty long which gets annoying if you use a rolling chair, like I do, while going back and forth from your computer to your xbox, with a wire getting crushed on the floor while rolling. The sound quality is great too, good lows, not sure about highs because I don't listen to the shriekish voices of the Beegees.

If ya got any questions, PM me, I'll answer them and edit the post with an answer (Try not to be too Audiophiley. Use lament's terms)

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 3
I know it's been a long while since the original post, but do you have any other things to say about the K 99s? I might be getting them for my brother for his birthday. My sister has some K 512s, which are great for the price but they are much cheaper than the 99s. The 512s have a very plasticy and cheap feel to them, even though the sound is quite good. Is the same true for the 99s, seeing as they both have a very similar construction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back