Fir Audio VxV DROP
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Eyes here for the VxV deal to top all VxV deals: All the versatility and musicality of a streamlined M5 for US$799 (UP US$999), less than half of the M5's price.

The VxV promises pressure equalization and a specialized tubeless sound chamber on top of five Drivers: One dynamic driver and Four Balanced armature drivers. Building up to a musical sound that plays well with almost any source and genre.

In a bid to quickly spread his influence. Firry's pitched his diabolical creation to Drop, who'll be running this limited-time offer over the next week.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Apr 24, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 19

Eyes here for the VxV deal to top all VxV deals: All the versatility and musicality of a streamlined M5 for US$799 (UP US$999), less than half of the M5's price.

The VxV promises pressure equalization and a specialized tubeless sound chamber on top of five Drivers: One dynamic driver and Four Balanced armature drivers. Building up to a musical sound that plays well with almost any source and genre.

In a bid to quickly spread his influence. Firry's pitched his diabolical creation to Drop, who'll be running this limited-time offer over the next week.

nice!

Apr 24, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 19
Can't find any decent reviews. None of the reviews I've seen has compared it to similarly priced IEMs like Mest (close to $1k) or Monarch/Clairs (close to $700). Probably have to pass without there being reviews as there is a pretty huge performance gap between something close to $700 and $1000.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 19
Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 19
Steal of a price here, had the FiR VxV for a month or so now as part of a loaner tour and it's fantastic. Don't want to let it go lol.

Nice stuff @bogdan belonozhko!

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #8 of 19
Just posted up my review of these earphones. IMO, given the other options at this price, a special and well-rounded package that's especially suited for daily use with a durable BOM, pressure-free yet isolating design and non-fatiguing sound. I definitely think they keep up with IEMs around their original price, let alone near $799.

An added bonus that not many have mentioned is that they are very source agnostic so you don't need a dedicated DAP or AMP to run them - they tolerate a high output impedance and higher noise floor well. This is definitely an overlooked part of owning a high-end IEM day to day.

DSC00989.jpg

It's resolving and technically accomplished, well-balanced with slightly forward vocals that keeps the sound focused and engaging. The bass isn't the most dynamic and some might want for more warmth in the midrange, the focus here appears to be on separation and cleanliness without too much sharpness in the mids or treble to suit prolonged listening sessions.

I've taken some independent measurements below and compared them extensively with other IEMs around this price in my full review here. Enjoy the comparisons and eye candy!

Fir Audio Five x Five.png

Apr 25, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #9 of 19
Man these look so beautiful and interesting, sad i recently got an AMP and EST112 from DUNU and now all out of money for this one :frowning2:

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #10 of 19
I would definitely buy these I just ordered the Monarchs and recently bought the moondrop s8 don’t want to get divorced.

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #11 of 19
Man these look so beautiful and interesting, sad i recently got an AMP and EST112 from DUNU and now all out of money for this one :frowning2:
I would love to hear a comparison between these and the EST112.

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #12 of 19
Can't find any decent reviews. None of the reviews I've seen has compared it to similarly priced IEMs like Mest (close to $1k) or Monarch/Clairs (close to $700). Probably have to pass without there being reviews as there is a pretty huge performance gap between something close to $700 and $1000.
Absolutely, that has been my concern too. And having to import something from US to UK would add another 1/3 of the price to total value and without knowing what type of sound signature these deliver is an unknown territory and risky one. I don't know why in back of my mind someone saying these may not be better than Blessing 2 given identical number of drivers.

May be one day when FiR offer these below $500 I might bite the bullet :p

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #13 of 19
Absolutely, that has been my concern too. And having to import something from US to UK would add another 1/3 of the price to total value and without knowing what type of sound signature these deliver is an unknown territory and risky one. I don't know why in back of my mind someone saying these may not be better than Blessing 2 given identical number of drivers.

May be one day when FiR offer these below $500 I might bite the bullet :p
I will say these are definitely a technical jump over the B2, bass quality, soundstage size and treble extension are immediately improved. Tonal wise, it's a preference as always. The Blessing 2 does a sensational job here if you like a balanced tuning with a natural voicing, and it represents great value. However, saying it offers value to the extent of $800, even $1000 performance is a stretch. As with any hobby, don't spend outside your means, but enjoy the best of what you can afford!

Apr 26, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #14 of 19
My opinion is, these are not better than other popular contenders at around 1k$ range like Andromeda or Sony IER-M9.
Tuning just didn't work for me and made some of my music sound sharp and unpleasant (with PAW6000).
Of course at $799 they are also cheaper than both, comfort is great and pressure relieve system is fantastic.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #15 of 19
My opinion is, these are not better than other popular contenders in around 1k$ range like Andromeda or Sony IER-M9.
Tuning just didn't work for me and made some of my music sound sharp and unpleasant (with PAW6000).
Of course at $799 they are also cheaper than both, comfort is great and pressure relive system is fantastic.
If the tuning doesn't suit your tastes there's nothing to be done. Just like I owned the Andromeda & M9, but was never enamored by them. The great thing is there are so many options in every price range for everyone's tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back