https://www.firaudio.com/introducing_e12

IMG_0001.jpeg

Oct 14, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #5,267 of 6,244
Oct 14, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #5,268 of 6,244
Oct 14, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #5,270 of 6,244
My first and only question: does it come in custom

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #5,271 of 6,244
Gents, troubling situation here...

I decided today for the first time to switch the atom modules in my Xe6 which I received with RED installed. I carefully watched the videos, used a jeweler's head-magnifier, and removed the first one, no issue. However, #2 within seconds almost entirely stripped such that the Fir tool could no longer grip it. After some time and ginger effort, I was able to get the module up enough above the shell to carefully use a pair of tweezers to finally unscrew and remove it. For now, I've installed Silver.

So I have one Red module that's stripped. I hope I like Silver better!

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #5,272 of 6,244
Was definitely a highlight at CanJam Socal with several of us testing it multiple times and agreeing that it might be the best single DD IEM so far. Can't wait to see it hit the market!

Lol I think I brought a half dozen or so people into the Bloom room in SoCal to check it out. I love the fact that it's 12mm. That's somewhat unique I think-- most DDs tend to top out at 10mm for some reason.

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #5,273 of 6,244

I decided today for the first time to switch the atom modules in my Xe6 which I received with RED installed. I carefully watched the videos, used a jeweler's head-magnifier, and removed the first one, no issue. However, #2 within seconds almost entirely stripped such that the Fir tool could no longer grip it. After some time and ginger effort, I was able to get the module up enough above the shell to carefully use a pair of tweezers to finally unscrew and remove it. For now, I've installed Silver.

What do you mean stripped? I swap my XS module several times and no problem beside chipping paint.

Oct 14, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #5,274 of 6,244

Is it the socket in the ATOM XS where you insert the module tool is striped? And is the newer anodized red module or older painted one?

The ATOM socket in the IEM shell isn't threaded, so no worries with it stripping.

You can reach out to us@firaudio.com for a replacement. I had my OG painted RN6 modules complimentary replaced with the new anodized set.

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #5,275 of 6,244

Great thinking using a magnifier, I might do the same in the future. 👍🏻
I was attempting to remove the gold modules for the first time last week. I spent quite some time trying to get them out (lost track). It simply wasn't as straightforward for me as shown in the video. However, I got them out in the end. I tried putting back the silver into the gold positions but they wouldn't "fit" in. So in the end, I kept the silver pair in another separate container. 😅

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #5,276 of 6,244
Oct 15, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #5,278 of 6,244
Was definitely a highlight at CanJam Socal with several of us testing it multiple times and agreeing that it might be the best single DD IEM so far. Can't wait to see it hit the market!

My first IEM experience in 2004 as a drummer was a Single DD. This is definitely not the same stuff.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Oct 15, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #5,279 of 6,244
My first IEM experience in 2004 as a drummer was a Single DD. This is definitely not the same stuff.
My first iem experience was also 2004! An Etymotic that cost $300! I was going to have a surgery, so I wanted something new. That Etymotic and my Archos player got me thru.

Hopefully I don't need any more surgery, and even more so, I get a new electron 12!!!

Oct 15, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #5,280 of 6,244
What do you mean stripped? I swap my XS module several times and no problem beside chipping paint.
Chipping paint, yes, stripped socket where the tool enters.
Is it the socket in the ATOM XS where you insert the module tool is striped? And is the newer anodized red module or older painted one?

The ATOM socket in the IEM shell isn't threaded, so no worries with it stripping.

You can reach out to us@firaudio.com for a replacement. I had my OG painted RN6 modules complimentary replaced with the new anodized set.
It's the socket. And must be an older painted one based on appearance.

I'm finally listening to silver! Everyone was right, this is much bassier. I love it!

But I might love red more, so I guess I gotta figure out how to get a new one, or permanently install and never look back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back