Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jul 1, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #4,666 of 6,225
Shout out to FiR Audio, the (NL) regional distributor Duneblue.com and (NL) dealer Earsunlimited.com for sending me the new set of Atom XS modules (even free of charge). Great communication and follow-up, excellent customer support :).

Jul 4, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #4,667 of 6,225
I too got the Code 23 cable to pair with XE6. Great synergy....adds a bit of sub bass and texture and takes off any roghness that might be there in Treble. Ergonomics is horrible though. Not sure who approved it as IEM cable :o2smile:
No one would be disappointed with this cable as far as sonic qualities go.

IMG_0454.jpeg

Jul 5, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #4,668 of 6,225
I too got the Code 23 cable to pair with XE6. Great synergy....adds a bit of sub bass and texture and takes off any roghness that might be there in Treble. Ergonomics is horrible though. Not sure who approved it as IEM cable :o2smile:
No one would be disappointed with this cable as far as sonic qualities go.
You're right... I own one and I think Code 23 is superb value for money in terms of SQ, but sure the huge gauge of this coaxial cable means it's very stiff...
It's not the most comfortable to wear indeed, at home not a huge issue but on the move even more of a penalty.

Jul 6, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #4,670 of 6,225
So I got in touch with Vlad and custom RN6 are in my future :heart_eyes:

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #4,672 of 6,225
Woohoo!
My digital impressions are with FiR as of yesterday. Can't wait!
Nice, I sent mine to the official retailer Casques Headphones along with the design options...
Just paid for, now the wait begins :)

Jul 6, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #4,677 of 6,225
I can see why everyone likes this cable so much. Aside from its horrible ergonomics that makes Grado complaints seem like childs play, this is a beast of a cable at a really good price point! I need more time with it.... and a better carrying case that does not have velcro :)

PXL_20230606_200234755~2.jpg

Happy listening all!
What cable is that? Effect Audio something? It looks really similar to the RN6
stock cable...

Jul 6, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #4,678 of 6,225
What cable is that? Effect Audio something? It looks really similar to the RN6
stock cable...

Effect Audio CODE 23.

Only commonality between RN6 exclusive silver cable and EA CODE23 is the color of the black translucent colored cable insulation.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #4,679 of 6,225
Been tip-rolling my RN6, if anyone is interested...

-Stock Foam: Comfortable. Decent isolation, boosted bass, slightly thicker mids, highs rolled off slightly

-Comply Foam: Comfortable enough. Better isolation, slightly boosted bass, mids lack air, highs are less holographic

-Symbio Hybrid Foam/Silicon: Very comfortable. Better isolation. Balanced throughout. Deep bass with excellent timbre, airy mids, liquid crystalline highs. Best sound.

-Spinfit Silicon: Comfortable. Poor isolation. Reduced bass. Flat mids with nice airiness. Crystalline highs.

-JVC Spiral Dots Silicon: Best comfort. Better isolation. Balanced throughout. Deep bass with excellent timbre, airy mids, liquid crystalline highs. Best sound.

So far my favorites are the Spiral Dots silicon and the Symbio silicon-wrapped foam hybrids. They offer essentially identical isolation and sound, however the Spiral Dots take the lead due to slightly better comfort.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #4,680 of 6,225
Rn6 cable is quite impressive.

It took a cable at ~66% of the Rn6 MRSP to get me to swap it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back