Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Feb 1, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #3,616 of 6,234
My brand spanking new XE6. Build quality is superb, the matte shells offer a fresh look aesthetically, and the faceplates are out-of-this-world cool. The Coral faceplate has a crushed shell, diamond-like effect that reflects light as you turn them, while the new Obsidian Sparkle just hits the spot for me in terms of its classy black/gold combo and gold specks.

20230130_231645.jpg

Special mention goes to Jessica K of FIR customer service. Upon receiving the XE6 on January 3, I noticed the design was not what I originally asked for. Jessica asked me to send the IEM right back to be redone, and to make up for the postage fee and waiting time, hooked me up with an IEM VAC absolutely free. The repair work was exceptionally fast too. FIR received my IEM on January 12th and by the 24th they were sent back to me. All this while Jessica kept me updated.

Mistakes happen but FIR's response and commitment to make things right is exemplary customer service. I'll definitely be a repeat customer.
I can attest to FiR's customer service. I purchased the universal version of the XE6 and wanted to convert them over to customs. I spoke with Anna and the entire process from start to finish was simply fantastic.

Feb 5, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #3,617 of 6,234
Wow! Everyone posting thier incredible top-tier XE6, and here I am happy that I finally got my hands on the "basic" VxV lol.
Aside from the great construction and how comfortable these are, the tuning quality Fir put here cannot be denied. When I first received them I tried them on the R3-2022 and it was a very smooth/relaxing sound. But stepping up to the RS6 was eye opening. The soundstage and clarity opened up significantly.
As a bonus, I also tried some gaming and the results were also great with lots of details and clear directional positioning.
Needless to say, I'm hooked with these Fir. Hopefully some day I'll be able to try thier top offerings like the XE6 or M5.
PSX_20230204_101024.png

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #3,618 of 6,234
Finally picked up the red modules today for my xe6 and wishing I'd picked them up sooner.

The red modules are the "least" bassy modules from FiR...in quotes because we're talking about the xe6, afterall.

It was pretty much love at first listen for me with the xe6, but it has sometimes triggered my tinnitus with its massive bass / midbass. The red modules flatten midbass a considerable amount, and make the xe6's presentation more subbassy, with a greater emphasis on vocals and details.

Really enjoying them so far.

red firry.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #3,619 of 6,234
The standard universal model is using some smaller modules. I wonder if they have more than the 3 available in stick setup?

Feb 10, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #3,621 of 6,234
Alleged prototype of upcoming FiR audio IEM that's going to be released at CanJam(?) Impressions seem very positive, taken from Watercooler thread. I've already set money aside.

Will this be the one we both like? 😋 🤞

Feb 10, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #3,622 of 6,234
Alleged prototype of upcoming FiR audio IEM that's going to be released at CanJam(?) Impressions seem very positive, taken from Watercooler thread. I've already set money aside.

😍

Feb 10, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #3,623 of 6,234
Feb 10, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #3,628 of 6,234

These look very nice, stealth mode activated 🥷

Mmmh, if they sound as good as they look, then…

Feb 11, 2023 at 1:28 AM Post #3,630 of 6,234

Classy 🥰😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back