Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 5, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #167 of 6,223
I appreciated all the help and PM’s from members in reorganizing this tour. Bogdan has never done one nor have I helped with one or participated in a tour. So with all the ideas to try and get this thing off the ground we have revised the terms of the tour.

I will send either the M5 or M4 depending on your choice. You can try both just not at the same time initially.
Tour will be open to members with a couple of year’s membership. Newer members with strong trader feedback will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

The tour requires Paypal deposit of $1. IEMs will only be sent to verified paypal addresses.
2 Cables will be sent 2.5 & 4.4
2 Pin adaptor & MMCX adaptor will be included for trying your own cables.

Your only expense will be the shipping either back to me or to the next participant. Shipments require a tracking number with a signature.
Oh shoot, I missed the couple years' membership part. Well, let me know how I can participate (if possible), and I'm happy to submit whatever info is necessary :)

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #168 of 6,223
So the m3 is no longer an option? While I appreciate the m4 and m5 , it was the m3 that appealed to me most based on impressions I've read and measurements.

Once the M4 & M5 get rolling we will work something out with the M3's and I will reserve your place as number 1

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #169 of 6,223
Once the M4 & M5 get rolling we will work something out with the M3's and I will reserve your place as number 1

Can I be #2 on the M3 tour list? I am also very interested in those IEMs.

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #170 of 6,223
So the m3 is no longer an option? While I appreciate the m4 and m5 , it was the m3 that appealed to me most based on impressions I've read and measurements.

PM sent

The M3 will also be available for Free home trial. :)

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #171 of 6,223
Hello everyone, the Head-Fi tour has kicked off. Please reach out to @John2e to get on the list.

Tour Items:
M5 w/ 4.4
M4 w/ 2.5
M3 w/ 2.5 4 wire.
Wax Vac
RCX to 2 pin adaptors
RCX to MMCX adaptors
ATOM XL Modules
*cables can be swapped around as needed.

IMG_9249.jpg

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Nov 15, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #172 of 6,223
Hello everyone, the Head-Fi tour has kicked off. Please reach out to @John2e to get on the list.

Tour Items:
M5 w/ 4.4
M4 w/ 2.5
M3 w/ 2.5 4 wire.
Wax Vac
RCX to 2 pin adaptors
RCX to MMCX adaptors
ATOM XL Modules
*cables can be swapped around as needed.

Awesome!

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #174 of 6,223
Nov 20, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #176 of 6,223
If you have expressed interest in joining the tour and have not received the following message, please PM me I missed it.

Hi,
We are going to start sending out models soon.
Please indicate which model (s) you would be interested in?
Order will be determined by whoever has submitted everything first.
Documents required for IEM tour:
1) Photo ID License or passport
2) Cell number
3) Paypal Me $1 to (see PM ) Please do NOT send friends and family because your address does not show up
4) Address of PP must be confirmed and should match current Photo Id (if not we can substitute)
Please scan or photocopy and forward to the via Email (PM me)
IEMs may be retained for 1 week and then need to be Mailed (AT YOUR EXPENSE) to the next recipient or returned to me. I will furnish the address to you. IEMs must be mailed in the original condition to the next recipient via tracking with signature.
Please post your impressions once you have time to become acclimated in this thread

Thanks John

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #177 of 6,223
Wow you guys are fast thanks for getting me all the info

Macdonjh 3's are going out later this week
aaf Evo 5's going out same time
IneffableMusic 4's as well

I will furnish tracking when available

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #178 of 6,223
BTW

If anyone sent friends and family you have gotten a refund as the money needs to be sent for goods and services so we have a verified PP address that must correspond to the drivers licence

Thanks

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #179 of 6,223
Finally had some time to open everything and play for a bit :)

The M3's are super nice. The Matt silver is unique and classy and a pleasure to look at. It too seems more like a Medical grade instrument when compared to some other brands. The 3' have the same signature as the 5's but sounds a bit more even (not elevated in any particular frequency). Also not as extending in bass and treble but only by a tiny margin. The M5's bass slams you.. it is tactile yet not boomy.

I am placing my order for the M3's

The M5's are in deep red. I initially did not like it. It was different and shocking looking. Now I must have it. It is simply gorgeous and befitting of such a great IEM. I have the 5's in rose gold. Nice but not that in your face look of the reds... YMMV

I will try the 4's tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #180 of 6,223
I believe I have responded to everyone thus far.

Please send info/request via head fi private message

My email I will use for PP verification only.

If you have not received a reply yet, hit me back I missed it.

Best

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back