Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jan 7, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #466 of 6,538
Hey everyone.

I received my custom M5 with atom x module.

I will write a full review soon but :

- Build/shell quality is simply outstanding. The best I've seen.

- fit is more than perfect. This is the most confortable ciem I ever had and I had 6 pairs already. The nozzles are going deep on this pair. Deep like se5/Se6. And without any confort problem. Isolation is excellent.

- the stock cable is really high quality.

- Apex Atom-X Module really works incredibly good !

- It is definitely an all rounder with cameleon skills.

- I noticed Piano sounds perfect, as the voices. If you are a piano lover, then buy the M5 blindly.

- dynamic and richness seem limitless

When I listen to them for the very first time, Instantly, it is a big WOW. Super impressive massive ultra immersive physical addictive sound.

I thought : it sounds like something I know but even better... But what is it...?

I was driving to the restaurant and suddenly I found : Lcd i4 with cypher without compromise.

I'm surprised no one noticed it before.

M5 performs better than lcd i4 : full isolation obviously and far better highs (highly detailed crispy sparkling) , sharper/better resolution super clean definition, no glaring issue, super fast but not only...

M5 are definitely in this sound category. I mean, the feeling is something like totl full size open headphones sound into ciem package.

It is an incredible tour de force. And this is exactly what I was expecting from the m5.

Breathtaking.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #468 of 6,538
Hey everyone.

I received my custom M5 with atom x module.

I will write a full review soon but :

- Build/shell quality is simply outstanding. The best I've seen.

- fit is more than perfect. This is the most confortable ciem I ever had and I had 6 pairs already. The nozzles are going deep on this pair. Deep like se5/Se6. And without any confort problem. Isolation is excellent.

- the stock cable is really high quality.

- Apex Atom-X Module really works incredibly good !

- It is definitely an all rounder with cameleon skills.

- I noticed Piano sounds perfect, as the voices. If you are a piano lover, then buy the M5 blindly.

- dynamic and richness seem limitless

When I listen to them for the very first time, Instantly, it is a big WOW. Super impressive massive ultra immersive physical addictive sound.

I thought : it sounds like something I know but even better... But what is it...?

I was driving to the restaurant and suddenly I found : Lcd i4 with cypher without compromise.

I'm surprised no one noticed it before.

M5 performs better than lcd i4 : full isolation obviously and far better highs (highly detailed crispy sparkling) , sharper/better resolution super clean definition, no glaring issue, super fast but not only...

M5 are definitely in this sound category. I mean, the feeling is something like totl full size open headphones sound into ciem package.

It is an incredible tour de force. And this is exactly what I was expecting from the m5.

Breathtaking.

Congratulations on the customs! A good choice you made I would think you'd agree.

I'm curious as to your modules. What made you decide to get that added into your customs? You didn't mind what it did to the looks of the customs?

Also, what differences do you hear in the sound between the different modules? Enough of a difference to make it worth it or do you think one just is the best and would be staying with just one in usually, not changing? The stock was just so near perfectly done I didn't see what the module addition would do for them.

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #469 of 6,538
Congratulations on the customs! A good choice you made I would think you'd agree.

I'm curious as to your modules. What made you decide to get that added into your customs? You didn't mind what it did to the looks of the customs?

Also, what differences do you hear in the sound between the different modules? Enough of a difference to make it worth it or do you think one just is the best and would be staying with just one in usually, not changing? The stock was just so near perfectly done I didn't see what the module addition would do for them.
Think of the modules as just the most minute of adjustments, my perceived difference is just the smallest nudge of an eq slider for lack of a better way to describe it. If you like the stock and don't want to spend any more , you shouldn't lose any sleep over the modules. And on the plus side, fixed settings mean less wind noise

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #470 of 6,538
Think of the modules as just the most minute of adjustments, my perceived difference is just the smallest nudge of an eq slider for lack of a better way to describe it. If you like the stock and don't want to spend any more , you shouldn't lose any sleep over the modules. And on the plus side, fixed settings mean less wind noise

You have them as well?

In what sense though did it give a slight "Eq" adjustment as you say. Like if you could describe for me what each color module did to the sound for you. And maybe which you use most, do you just find yourself staying with he stock sound module anyways, or is a sound change difference you prefer in a different one

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #471 of 6,538
You have them as well?

In what sense though did it give a slight "Eq" adjustment as you say. Like if you could describe for me what each color module did to the sound for you. And maybe which you use most, do you just find yourself staying with he stock sound module anyways, or is a sound change difference you prefer in a different one
I tested the xl size modules on my spartan Adel.
I like more bass so I liked the "+" the most but I would be completely satisfied with the stock. You can choose your "setting" even if you're getting the fixed model. You just simply can't change modules

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #472 of 6,538
Apex removable module atom-x for me seems nearly a must have.

Why? Because the difference is really big in the bass section between the modules (all the rest of the spectrum doesn't change) . After being impressed by the gold module, I found it was spectacular but really too much impact and I changed quickly to the black because it is perfectly in between, amazingly balanced but keeping the impact and physical presence and now it will be my every day module staying incredible but without the ultimate big slam offered by the gold module.

I do not know where is the bass section level in the m5 with the internal module but I hope it is the black module level because gold is probably too big bass for most except for bass heads and Grey is shy a bit except maybe for pure classical music listeners.

I think it is also an amazing option if you decided to change sometimes of bass level depending of the genre you listen or source you use or volume level. For bassheads it is a must as far as gold module is totally out of this world for the impact power without loosing in resolution/texture. If you are a low volume level listener, maybe the gold module can match too having a kind of loudness effect in the bass section.

Ah yeah I forgot to say another big problem with the m5 : really hard to stop to listen to them... Holy crap seriously I spent the entire day listening to them non stop since my morning coffee... W. T. F ...

Massive satisfaying audio piece of machinery for the good people of life

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #474 of 6,538
m5 are great...enjoy them.

after i pick up an elysium, think they'll be next on my list.

for pop/electronic music, they're the most fun i've heard.

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #475 of 6,538
m5 are great...enjoy them.

after i pick up an elysium, think they'll be next on my list.

for pop/electronic music, they're the most fun i've heard.
Woop woop welcome to team elysium!

Jan 7, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #476 of 6,538
heh...haven't ordered them yet, raz! but they're next on my list.

to keep things relevant and to clarify...the fir m5 is the most fun iem i've heard for pop/electronic.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #480 of 6,538
Be prepared bro : 220 mph full tank gas as soon as you turn the key, Instantly teleported in the mountains of Peru summoned by the extraterrestrials.

Audio god's grail.

hah...damn, you're in :heartbeat: man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back