Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 10, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #4,486 of 6,223
Looking like my RN6 is going to wrap production end of this week or early next. My body is ready.
Start with the silver or gold... then 2 hours later put in the red.

You will see... this(red) is the way 🤭
I'll also suggest David Bowie -Space Oddity on the reds + Starman. Those convinced me to not switch back to gold and just put my LX's in if I want unashamed bass 😉.

They do hit fairly hard with the Gold's in, especially on Space Corps - Together right in the start when the synths drop, it's a Mike tyson right to the ear drums.

May 10, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #4,487 of 6,223
20230510_185527.jpg
THEY'RE HERE

May 10, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #4,488 of 6,223
Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #4,489 of 6,223
May 11, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #4,491 of 6,223
Quick update for those with the atom modules that are showing paint chipping/coming off. If you wish to interchange them for anodized atoms, reach out to Fir and they will send replacements, if needed.

Cody reached out to me a few weeks ago via phone letting me know that a fix was in the works and to hold tight for further communication. FFW to this week, I have just received the replacements yesterday. As expected, they look exactly the same as the others but no chipping issue.

PXL_20230510_233256994.MP.jpg

Personally, I have not had the time to take out the stock red atoms and play around with the others like others have. Upon taking out the red modules, there was a fair bit of red residue left in the cavity from the ever so slight threading on the atoms. Luckily, Fir included a small cleaning bag of goodies to help with that,

PXL_20230510_235443685.jpg

As you can see, a little bit of red left on the cleaning tips. I dipped one is isoprop and used the other one for clean/drying the inside before putting the new atom back in. Pretty seamless if I do say so myself.

Thank you Cody/Fir for reaching out on this small issue and rectifying it so quickly (thank you for the additional Fir stickers too, sticker fiend here :) ) I really do appreciate the excellent top notch service I have been given.

May 11, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #4,492 of 6,223
Quick update for those with the atom modules that are showing paint chipping/coming off. If you wish to interchange them for anodized atoms, reach out to Fir and they will send replacements, if needed.

Cody reached out to me a few weeks ago via phone letting me know that a fix was in the works and to hold tight for further communication. FFW to this week, I have just received the replacements yesterday. As expected, they look exactly the same as the others but no chipping issue.

PXL_20230510_233256994.MP.jpg

Personally, I have not had the time to take out the stock red atoms and play around with the others like others have. Upon taking out the red modules, there was a fair bit of red residue left in the cavity from the ever so slight threading on the atoms. Luckily, Fir included a small cleaning bag of goodies to help with that,

PXL_20230510_235443685.jpg

As you can see, a little bit of red left on the cleaning tips. I dipped one is isoprop and used the other one for clean/drying the inside before putting the new atom back in. Pretty seamless if I do say so myself.

Thank you Cody/Fir for reaching out on this small issue and rectifying it so quickly (thank you for the additional Fir stickers too, sticker fiend here :) ) I really do appreciate the excellent top notch service I have been given.
Just shot Fir an email. Never heard back from them about this, hope I can get my set too. Did you have to mail back your original atom modules, or pay full price for the new set?

May 11, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #4,493 of 6,223
Just shot Fir an email. Never heard back from them about this, hope I can get my set too. Did you have to mail back your original atom modules, or pay full price for the new set?
They sent the new set with the cleaning bag free of charge. Cody told me to toss the original modules in the bin, they did not want them back.

May 11, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #4,494 of 6,223
Hello everyone!
Can someone recommend a cable for Krypton 5? Liquid Links Venom and Effect Audio Cleopatra II are two of my choices.
I prefer the stock Scorpion cable over the ones I tried below, but maybe Cleo is one that is actually sonically better. Very much doubt it. I guess it depends what reason you want to change the cable for?

Eletech Iliad
PWAudio 1960s 4w
PWAudio No.5 8w
PWAudio No.10 4w
Effect Audio Leonidas ll 4w
Effect Audio Code-23
Effect Audio Eros S
Effect Audio Ares S
Liquid Links Venom
Liquid Links Martini
Satin Audio Athena 4w

May 11, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #4,495 of 6,223
I prefer the stock Scorpion cable over the ones I tried below, but maybe Cleo is one that is actually sonically better. Very much doubt it. I guess it depends what reason you want to change the cable for?

Eletech Iliad
PWAudio 1960s 4w
PWAudio No.5 8w
PWAudio No.10 4w
Effect Audio Leonidas ll 4w
Effect Audio Code-23
Effect Audio Eros S
Effect Audio Ares S
Liquid Links Venom
Liquid Links Martini
Satin Audio Athena 4w
Thanks for your help!

May 12, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #4,496 of 6,223
1683929000888.png

My Radon 6 has shipped!

May 12, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #4,497 of 6,223
1683929000888.png

My Radon 6 has shipped!

HUZZAH!!!

Weekend XE6 sesh, followed by RN6, with new EA Cleo II OCTA.

Initial impressions are very lush organic analog sound with characteristics of copper while preserving silver's clarity. The soundstage is enveloping like CODE23 but with better imaging and depth. Paired with XE6, I hear a more a balanced W signature with more forward mids improving bass balance. XE6 full signature is slightly thinned, more open. There's also a nice tactile, weight and emotive quality to notes. Excellent synergy.

IMG_1415.jpeg

May 13, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #4,498 of 6,223
Cleo II OCTA rolling with RN6, RS8 and N7 – all have excellent synergy.

It's been challenging comparing #TeamStock RN6 silver but I hear Cleo II OCTA very close to stock silver (no distinct shifts in highs or mids compared to all of my Eletechs) with similar soundstage (large), more depth, details, instrument separation and layering and nice textural bass.

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

May 13, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #4,499 of 6,223
Cleo II OCTA rolling with RN6, RS8 and N7 – all have excellent synergy.

It's been challenging comparing #TeamStock RN6 silver but I hear Cleo II OCTA very close to stock silver (no distinct shifts in highs or mids compared to all of my Eletechs) with similar soundstage (large), more depth, details, instrument separation and layering and nice textural bass.

I love Cleo II Octa on N7 with JH Sharona too... such a magical combo... enjoy!
It indeed works wonder as well on RS8!

Interesting feedback too as I am pondering Xe6 customs... :thinking:

IMG_5351.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back