Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Dec 5, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #3,361 of 6,538
These are incredibly intense (in the good sens) and "physical" (earthquake) !
Love and Thunder. :beerchug:

Dec 5, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #3,362 of 6,538
Our review of the Krypton 5 is online :)

https://headfonics.com/fir-audio-krypton-5-review/

Wow, a stunning bass performance. I do believe the custom version might differ from the universal version based on what I am reading regarding the treble quality. It's quite smooth, with only the red filter showing any treble emphasis.

1670064237947.png

I published my review last night for KR5 - HERE

I absolutely adore this set, definitely in the top IEMs I've owned - often when I've completed a review, I'll park the set for a bit and focus on something else, yet here I am tonight with KR5 back in my ears...

IMG_0150.jpeg

Very nice, guys! Loved reading your reviews!

These are incredibly intense (in the good sens) and "physical" (earthquake) !
Love and Thunder. :beerchug:

Love and Thunder indeed!

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #3,364 of 6,538
Yes it is very weird indeed.

I like - love -very much intense and limpid, crytal clear (no veil) iems (Kaiser Encore, A8000, Zeus XRA, Infinity mk2... to mention the more intense uiems I know, and my FH9 - green filters -, Aure Audio Ringo and Elixir...), and these Kr5 are in my book in the verge of a "harsh" sound (I think the stack cable is the responsible... I got the proof when I set up a GPS Plussound instead... ).

Very weird, yes... :thinking:

Maybe a "impedance mismatch" (betwin yours, or my dap...) ??? :thinking:
It seems that Crinacle belongs to the people that perceived it exactly as me:

(starting from 13:35 minutes )

Interestingly enough, he listened to the XE5 at the same headphone store as me 😅

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #3,365 of 6,538
It seems that Crinacle belongs to the people that perceived it exactly as me:

(starting from 13:35 minutes )

Interestingly enough, he listened to the XE5 at the same headphone store as me 😅

Perfect,

I've been thinking for a long time that he must have gone a little deaf, with all his listening.🧐

Now I have the proof. 😂😇😉

Dec 10, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #3,366 of 6,538
Perfect,

I've been thinking for a long time that he must have gone a little deaf, with all his listening.🧐

Now I have the proof. 😂😇😉
I didn`t mean it as an offense or "proof" that the set sounds bad - just as another example that particularly the Frontier series gets perceived amazingly different by people, and I am still (honestly!) wondering about the reason!

Dec 10, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #3,367 of 6,538
I didn`t mean it as an offense or "proof" that the set sounds bad - just as another example that particularly the Frontier series gets perceived amazingly different by people, and I am still (honestly!) wondering about the reason!
I wonder the same. For me every session with the Kr5 is like stepping into a huge party. So much going on and then it turns into the best party I’ve ever been too! Perhaps he was not at the party long enough this session… lol

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #3,368 of 6,538
It was a joke.😉

By the way, I find that incredible (really, these kr5 are by far the most crazy intense uiems I know). 🤯

Final A8000
Rhapsodio Infinity MK2
Noble Kaiser Encore
Empire Ears Zeus XRA
Etc.

No exhaustive list...

Really weird 🤔🧐

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #3,370 of 6,538
Hello

I was able to test the Kr5 and Xe6 at length this weekend. I was immediately hooked on the Xe6. The bass is incredible and generally the whole is more neutral / balanced whatever the repertoire. Damn, what precision!

The tests were done on an AK SP3000. The salesman, even before the test, told me that the Xe6s were a perfect match for the SP3000.

I confirm, it is a phenomenal match and performance!

So I bought the Xe6

I'm going to test it for another month, if the performance goes the way I feel it should, it's going to become my reference setup. I will then give up all my other closed headphones.

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #3,371 of 6,538
Hello

I was able to test the Kr5 and Xe6 at length this weekend. I was immediately hooked on the Xe6. The bass is incredible and generally the whole is more neutral / balanced whatever the repertoire. Damn, what precision!

The tests were done on an AK SP3000. The salesman, even before the test, told me that the Xe6s were a perfect match for the SP3000.

I confirm, it is a phenomenal match and performance!

So I bought the Xe6

I'm going to test it for another month, if the performance goes the way I feel it should, it's going to become my reference setup. I will then give up all my other closed headphones.
MeToo! After the 1st (lengthly) session with the Kr5 and the Xe6, at the dealer's premises, I favoured the Kr5, due to the 'too warm' Xe6 and the more appealing price.
Eventually, I could not forget the superior musicality of the Xe6 and chose it.
Very quickly, after it arrived, my ears got 'trained'. Now the Kr5 sounds too analytical/dry, compared to the superior Xe6.

My experience.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #3,372 of 6,538
Gizaudio opinions about Neon 4, Krypton 5, Xeon 6, start at 3:30:

he said "all of three have very bassy warm muddy signature".

I don't know about the other 2 (euh... no, the XE6 yes = too warmish for me, in particular the bass-medium bandwith... but... it's isn't "muddy" at all ???... :thermometer_face:), but for the kr5, repeat, it's science fiction... :sweat_smile:

Really... weird. That's the point. And I hate this type of "muddy" audio signature...

Don't understand... :slight_frown:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #3,374 of 6,538
Dec 12, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #3,375 of 6,538
Hey guys, just published my first impressions of Xe6 here.

Xe6_05.jpg

Full, in-depth review and comparisons to follow. Enjoy!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back