Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 24, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #3,316 of 6,244
You should consider that the Xe6 is not a development of the Kr5 in the classic form, they have a much more tasteful sounf tune. More warm, muddy, relax and much more bass.

As for the cables, I don't really think highly of the Eros. After all, IEMs of this lvl require a good cable. I liked the combo with the fairly inexpensive PW Saladin+ and DD Air Nyx.

I've tried XE6 a couple of times and enjoyed, but preferred KR5. That said, both were relatively short auditions and I've heard a few reports to say they take some mental adjustment.

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #3,318 of 6,244
Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #3,319 of 6,244
Have those Xe6 since yesterday. Initialy, when comparing them against the Kr5 (3 weeks ago at the resseler store), I chose the Kr5, because its bass seemed to be less pronounced against the too bassy Xe6.
Eventually I did change my order to the Xe6, beacuse of its more appealing musical presentation.

Yesterday I really had the time to listen to the Xe6 (with the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec tips, silver Atom and stock cabe). At first the bass overwhelmed me (as happened 3 weeks ago). Few hours into the listening session, the bass became more setteled for my ears, as though my hearing perception became trained/adjusted to that. The bass became "right" and more than acceptable.

My 2 cents.

Thanks.IMG-20221029-WA0010.jpg
Same as me, it took some time for ‘adapting’ and right now XE6 bass is special n tempting 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Nov 26, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #3,320 of 6,244
I listened to the KR5 at Socal and loved the way it sounded, so I just ordered a set from Andrew @MusicTeck. 😁

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #3,322 of 6,244
Have you found your Xe6 yet? 🤪😝🤣
Same as me, it took some time for ‘adapting’ and right now XE6 bass is special n tempting 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

LOL! Exactly why I personally believe in brain burn in over driver burn in above anything else.

I listened to the KR5 at Socal and loved the way it sounded, so I just ordered a set from Andrew @MusicTeck. 😁
Looking forward to your review :wink: containing a comparison with the IE900!

Congratulations! A comparison to the IE900 would be very nice indeed!

Nov 29, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #3,324 of 6,244
KR5 > XE6. There will be a KR5 in my future unless fir comes out with something new before then. I think it's the perfect IEM to share with family members who aren't into the hobby, it has exceptional technical capability while having that wow effect of bone conduction and it's a nicely balanced signature. My son who is getting into guitar would love it and at 2k on sale/used it's a steal.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #3,329 of 6,244
So I need to choose TFZ connector ?
Standard 2 pin is fine also and will fit recessed sockets, but will lack the reinforcement of the plastic around the pins. I am not sure if TFZ connectors don't have shorter pins compared to 2 pin. 2 pin will work 100%.

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #3,330 of 6,244
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back