Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go.
May 28, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #332 of 1,423

No…I'm enjoying the thrill of the chase. I just revived my Dac6e from the dead (opened her up and found a blown P/S fuse) but that only has a AES/EBU input (old school). I just bought this
to convert until I get something slightly more "desktop-friendly":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068OGS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Also got this to convert laptop USB to DAC:

That looks like a U12.  If so, I found the AES/EBU output to sound the best of all the ports.

May 29, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #334 of 1,423
Violates most of the requirements the OP wanted but what about a Resonessence Herus pairing with the LC?  It's my current DAC and trying to decide how quickly I'd need to upgrade.

May 29, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #335 of 1,423
23 pages so far is not bad. I can hardly wait until we get our LC's. I re-read the OP. My head spins sometimes. Has there been a recommendation for a DAC with Balanced XLR output? I have a Bifrost Uber and will try that first with my LC. I can try my HD800HDVD for fun. But I too want DAC with Balanced output. I don't want to get a Gungnir as it is a bit larger than I want to deal with. I don't need a tiny battery powered one either.
Is there a short list of Balanced DAC's ?

May 29, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #336 of 1,423
Hey guys my 2Qute shipped out of Toronto yesterday and officially was processed through my city's sort facility this afternoon. I should have it in my hands Monday morning 

gs1000.gif

May 30, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #337 of 1,423
  Hey guys my 2Qute shipped out of Toronto yesterday and officially was processed through my city's sort facility this afternoon. I should have it in my hands Monday morning 

gs1000.gif

Very excited to hear your impressions of the 2Qute

May 30, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #338 of 1,423
Ditto, that and the Hugo have been on my radar for a whole, really curious what you think!

May 31, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #339 of 1,423
23 pages so far is not bad. I can hardly wait until we get our LC's. I re-read the OP. My head spins sometimes. Has there been a recommendation for a DAC with Balanced XLR output? I have a Bifrost Uber and will try that first with my LC. I can try my HD800HDVD for fun. But I too want DAC with Balanced output. I don't want to get a Gungnir as it is a bit larger than I want to deal with. I don't need a tiny battery powered one either.
Is there a short list of Balanced DAC's ?

Well said sir. I do.not want to get the gungnir if I can help it. I would like a smaller dac with balanced outputs.

May 31, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #340 of 1,423
I ended up ordering a Bifrost for the PC while using the LC and will stick to the Yggy for the true HiFi Listening.

May 31, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #341 of 1,423
I ended up ordering a Bifrost for the PC while using the LC and will stick to the Yggy for the true HiFi Listening.

Well said sir. I love my yggy and rag combo, but I can't justify getting another yggy and the Gungnir seems to big to properly compliment the LC. So I will order a uber Bifrost to go with the lc.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #342 of 1,423
The Emotiva Stealth DC-1 is a great choice as many others have said. I've had mine for the past month and so far I love it! Can't hardly wait till I get the LC. I also have a Bifrost too. The DC-1 has a much wider and deeper soundstage. IMO. Still going to keep my Bifrost Uber though.

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #343 of 1,423
I currently have the Hugo and since while waiting for my LC to arrive I might try to get another desktop amp but I'll try to see LC's performance connected to the Hugo but based on people's feedback they sound good. It's hard not having heard the combination yet personally and I'd like to try out a DAC >balance out>LC to see if there's really a need to splurge on a new DAC. If I am to go purchase a DAC it has to be DSD capable (I got roughly have 400gb of DSD files...not a lot but it keeps growing in time.)  Oh September hurry up

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #344 of 1,423
  I currently have the Hugo and since while waiting for my LC to arrive I might try to get another desktop amp but I'll try to see LC's performance connected to the Hugo but based on people's feedback they sound good. It's hard not having heard the combination yet personally and I'd like to try out a DAC >balance out>LC to see if there's really a need to splurge on a new DAC. If I am to go purchase a DAC it has to be DSD capable (I got roughly have 400gb of DSD files...not a lot but it keeps growing in time.)  Oh September hurry up

I get the curiosity of wanting to try a balanced DAC.  But if it isn't as good of a sounding DAC as the one in the Hugo, then why bother?  The Liquid Carbon will do the heavy lifting of splitting the RCA inputs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back