Finally Ultrasone Edition 9
Aug 9, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Ouch!! I'm feeling the Ultrasone love, but not this much!!

I guess their Edition 7 sold well then? What happened to Edition 8?

Even numbers are evil don't you know.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I have owned an Ultrasone at the same time as I owned an RS1 and a GS1000... you frankly can't compare that leather headband to the cheap plastic nonsense that is the Ultrasone headband.

And they're all a far cry from the Beyer headband... that thing rules.

IMO the Grado ones are as crappy as those, and IMO more cheap and worst looking, but that is just my opinion...a real shame while they charge that much for their top headphones to use the same headband in all models just changing the vinyl for a leather pad, even with defects in the stiches, that have being reported here many times....BTW the high end Gradoes begin at the double or more, of any other high end headphone, and the headband and overall construction is a joke from the WWII...mahogany and aluminum apart...BTW mine has never cracked, and I have used it a lot....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
I don't think it's such a questions of 'quality' compared to others. The Ultrasone plastic headband (and the same one used on a few other manufacturers models such as the Sennheiser HD280) have been known to crack.

This may be due to it's inflexible nature and people trying to force it - dunno. The Sennheiser Hd580/600/650 headband is pretty inflexible and i've never heard about anyone cracking the Senns. But it is still a known issue with the U-sones.

Wrt comfort, the U-sone/Senn HD280/etc headband is probably the least comfortable I've ever worn. This is probably what leads people to try and bend it and therefore crack it. Grado's, while possibly appearing 'cheaper' due to their simpler nature, are lighter and easily flexed should the owner require it.

Mine has never cracked...but it is the new version....

Aug 9, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
IMO the Grado ones are as crappy as those, and IMO more cheap and worst looking, but that is just my opinion...a real shame while they charge that much for their top headphones to use the same headband in all models just changing the vinyl for a leather pad, even with defects in the stiches, that have being reported here many times....BTW the high end Gradoes begin at the double or more, of any other high end headphone, and the headband and overall construction is a joke from the WWII...mahogany and aluminum apart...BTW mine has never cracked, and I have used it a lot....

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Nov 17, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #51 of 56
Do you think there is any link between the Edition 9 and the movie Session 9?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #53 of 56
I must say, while they certainly don't LOOK like $2400 cans, they really are very pretty. I love the gloss black and chrome plates with the leather padding, and the aluminum box is a nice touch - I think it suits the style better than wood.

Here's the $2400 question though: How do they sound?

Nov 17, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #54 of 56
I thought the MSRP was going to be $1,500.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back