Finally Ultrasone Edition 9
Aug 8, 2006 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Here is couple of pics, AFAIK they expect to have it here in US by the begining of September....

4312827.jpg

4251358.jpg

More information here for the ones who read japanese...

http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/headphones-music/2006-08-01

Aug 8, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 56
Nice. I wish Ultrasone with go with a more sturdy headband though, and I'm curious if those two little strips that covered the bending parts of the handband are still there.

On my HFi-550 those two strips cracked and there was simply nothing at all you could do about it unless you simply didnt wear the headphone.

Aug 8, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
More information here for the ones who read japanese...

and what if we don't speak Japanese?

Aug 8, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
and what if we don't speak Japanese?

We are screwed then, same as I do, as there is no more info until September, till now AFAIK...

Aug 8, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Well it seems to cost around $2400...

Ouch!! I'm feeling the Ultrasone love, but not this much!!

I guess their Edition 7 sold well then? What happened to Edition 8?

Aug 8, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #8 of 56
Doing this quickly, but according to the linked Japanese blog, the cans are based on the Edition 7, though both pads and cables are now black as well. The cans will come with an alumnium carrying case (unlike Edition 7 which came with a wood box). The cables are made from Oehlbach cable.

The MSRP is ~$2100-$2200 at the current exchange rate.

Also, at one spot in the blog, it says that production is limited to 500, though on another spot, it says that sales in Japan is limited to 500 pairs.

Aug 8, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
We are screwed then, same as I do, as there is no more info until September, till now AFAIK...

Curious about the high-end Ultrasone that you own - can you describe the sound a bit?

The Edition 7 looks like it was basically designed around the Proline 750, which was a bright and coloured headphone to my ears.

I'm not sure why they chose to make their uber-expensive flagship headphone closed. It's not like they are doing anything revolutionary with the housing like SONY did with the R-10...

Aug 8, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #11 of 56
$2400? For.. that?
blink.gif

blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

See you on the
blink.gif
$2400
blink.gif
side of the moon

Aug 8, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #12 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
"....The Edition 7 looks like it was basically designed around the Proline 750, which was a bright and coloured headphone to my ears.

I'm not sure why they chose to make their uber-expensive flagship headphone closed. It's not like they are doing anything revolutionary with the housing like SONY did with the R-10...

Having similar looking enclosures, and similar drivers, doesn't make the sound alike, if the internal volume and internal shape is diferent. At least they sounded different to me, and the drivers IIRC are almost centered...BTW they are closed as many other high end headphones, those are not the first and will not the last...

Also the Ultrasone headphones need a lot of time to get used to them, as I have stated many times, and that is by my personal expereince...

Aug 8, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by seacard
Do you know how these will sound?

Nevermind. I didn't see that the pictures were mockups.

My bad..

Or are they? On the page it says "* This picture is an imagination figure.(^^;", but on here it looks correct:
http://www.h-navi.net/edition9.htm

It seems kinda cheap looking for $2400, if that is final.. is that a rubber cable, plastic housing, and pleather?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back