Finally heard a Grado for the 1st time
Mar 22, 2007 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
Just purchased a brand new Grado as it arrived via Fed ex. The SR60. Wow! it's really excellent. I am now a Grado convert. I love Grado! Fine headphone. Definetly worth it. I'm a Grado lover!

Nice warm tone I want to add and very musical. And it's comfortable too actually despite the negative reports.

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 72
I recently bought a pair of new RS-1s. Prior to that I had only heard Etymotic ER-4P, HD-580 and HD-650. I REALLY like them. They just seem to be more lively in my setup
rs1smile.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkhkg11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! Try them with bowls or flats. The comfies are not great for the sound.

I will. I will now do some research on alternative pads since I am now a Grado lover. I must admit, the stock pads are very nice though and I have no issues but I will try other pads for the heck of it.

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkhkg11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! Try them with bowls or flats. The comfies are not great for the sound.

Ha ha! Yea, discover two things at once: Better sound and that comfort issue!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I'm in the margins as one who thinks the bowls are super comfy once broken in.

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 72
Congrats on your first Grado, mine was the SR80 and now I have the 325i. With Grado it is engineering and an art, they don't just rely on instrumental readings to obtain the sound, it has to go through a pair of human ears too before the design is finalized.

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your first Grado, mine was the SR80 and now I have the 325i. With Grado it is engineering and an art, they don't just rely on instrumental readings to obtain the sound, it has to go through a pair of human ears too before the design is finalized.

My goal now is to get the RS-1 sometime within the next couple years. Now I have something to live for! I'm in the Grado honeymoon stage now. Really pleasantly surprised how nice this headphone is.

I'm listening to a Cherubini String Quartet now and it sounds really good. Chamber music sounds very nice on the SR60. I'm delighted since this is known as a rock headphone but violins sound quite nice too.

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #9 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha ha! Yea, discover two things at once: Better sound and that comfort issue!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I'm in the margins as one who thinks the bowls are super comfy once broken in.

How long does the break-in take? How much of the improvement of bowls is realized with the quarter mod? I too just received SR-60's. Congrats on yours, Spareribs!

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #10 of 72
Congrats on your new Love ;-}

How do they compare for you vs. the 501s ?

And this is with the LD tube amp, correct?

Enjoy -

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your new Love ;-}

How do they compare for you vs. the 501s ?

And this is with the LD tube amp, correct?

Enjoy -

Haven't heard it from an amp yet. I'm just listening straight from an MP3 player. Compared to the K501? Well, it's apples and oranges.

Different. I can't say which is better since I don't have a lot of experience with my new Grado. But I enjoy both headphones. The Grado is very nice for low volume listening which great.

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #12 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most headphones from reputable manufacturers go through stages of beta testing and real human ears.

Mar 22, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #14 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eazzzzy E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought some Grado Sr60s and am disappointed with them. Very uncomfortable and I a lot of static and distortion.

Comfort is subjective, but static and distortion is probably your equipment and/or music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back