Finally heard a Grado for the 1st time
Mar 22, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #31 of 72
Woohoo! Another one! I liked my SR80 straight from my portable, absolutely loveable!

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #32 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agreed

x2
rs1smile.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #33 of 72
I wouldn't say that the SR-60 has a U shaped freq. response... most will agree they have very strong mids.

Also, the bass on these are excellent. I think they even rival my 2005 DT770s with my HeadFive
eek.gif
. Seriously, I love these things so much more than my Beyers... and at about 1/4 of the price.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #34 of 72
cool.gif
Today is my second day with the SR60's. The treble has tripled overnight! (let play at medium volume overnight) I was worried when I heard them yesterday for the first time. All I heard was bass and midrange sound. I am happy now!!

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #35 of 72
The SR 60's are really amazing at their price. I bought a pair for my brother and now he's drooling over the RS-1's. There is no better introduction to a line of headphones than the SR-60.

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #36 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.gif
Today is my second day with the SR60's. The treble has tripled overnight! (let play at medium volume overnight) I was worried when I heard them yesterday for the first time. All I heard was bass and midrange sound. I am happy now!!

Are you sure you were listening to the SR60s on the first day??
blink.gif
biggrin.gif
Maybe me being a Sennheiser fan, I clearly got a sense of the SR60 being treble heavy when I first listened to them.

Spareribs, congrats on the purchase! Maybe it was because I was used to better headphones, but I agree with LuckyKarma. The more expensive Grados are better SQ. For me, the SR325is are the best price/performance Grados. But it looks like you'll be trying a lot of Grados pretty soon
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #37 of 72
congratulations my friend! they are one highly-regarded 'phones here
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #38 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congratulations my friend! they are one highly-regarded 'phones here
smily_headphones1.gif

....and watch your wallet closely....these Grado thingies can be highly addictive!!

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #39 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure you were listening to the SR60s on the first day??
blink.gif
biggrin.gif
Maybe me being a Sennheiser fan, I clearly got a sense of the SR60 being treble heavy when I first listened to them.

I agree with Daverose - the treble shouldn't be lacking

Mar 22, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #41 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My goal now is to get the RS-1 sometime within the next couple years. Now I have something to live for! I'm in the Grado honeymoon stage now. Really pleasantly surprised how nice this headphone is.

Like me so, bought a sr60 one motnh ago and Destroy my wallet bo buy a RS-1
rs1smile.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #42 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eazzzzy E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought some Grado Sr60s and am disappointed with them. Very uncomfortable and I a lot of static and distortion.

Distorsion with sr60 ?
confused.gif

First time i read that, you used what system/Amp ?

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #43 of 72
I have a semi-strong urge to buy a Grado/Alessandro to expand my horizons. I've been thinking of the ms1 because of its greater 'neutrality'. Is this a good starting point or should I go for ms2/sr-225/sr-325?

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #44 of 72
I'm also new to grado headphones. Went to a shop where I can listen to them, just wanted to know what's so special about grados. Well, despite the fact, that a Beyer DT990 is on it's way, I just couldn't resist: now I'm a proud owner of some SR 80s. Just amazing...straight out of the box it sounds great.

Time to put my wallet in a safe and forget where the keys are...
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #45 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a semi-strong urge to buy a Grado/Alessandro to expand my horizons. I've been thinking of the ms1 because of its greater 'neutrality'. Is this a good starting point or should I go for ms2/sr-225/sr-325?

Oooh....I'm biting my tongue and biting my lip and trying not to say anything!

Aaaarrrrrgh!

"If I knew then what I know now".....oh how I hate that statement!!
mad.gif

Or how about this one......."I wish I wouldn't have bought my MS-1. I wish I wouldn't have bought my MS2i"
frown.gif

".....I wish I'd have just gone straight for MS-Pro."
rs1smile.gif

But that's just me. At any rate; I really am very fond of both my MS-1 and my MS2i. And it is rather difficult to justify moving up to the MS-Pro without a fairly major update to the rest of my system.

But I suppose it would be safe to say that if a person bought MS2i or SR325i to avoid the first generation upgraditus bug, it should be fairly easy to sell it if it didn't suit a listeners tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back