Finally, Got my GreenCard after 4+ years waiting
Jan 30, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #61 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Green carders should have to serve in the armed services for at least 4 years,and show their loyalty to there new found country.After they said they,and their parents were on welfare,and leaching off the tax payers who work to support their dead beat butts.

you're just trolling now. Having fun?

Jan 30, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #62 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, go and buy a gun! Turn in some unrepentant Illegal Aliens! Buy Some Land! Vote! Tell off some deserving citizen (even if it is me)! Speak your piece, and stand your ground! Celebrate

Resident Aliens (Green Card) non-citizens cannot vote or do jury duty.

Please dont buy a gun, there are far too many guns in Philadelphia already and the vast majority of "massacres" are caused by legally held firearms. we ha done in Ardmore a few years back (2002) a guy went bonkers and killed five people including himself...

* Where'd They Get Their Guns? An Analysis of the Firearms Used in High-Profile Shootings. Violence Policy Centre. Washington DC, 2002

Jan 30, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #63 of 85
Quote:

Green carders should have to serve in the armed services for at least 4 years,and show their loyalty to there new found country.After they said they,and their parents were on welfare,and leaching off the tax payers who work to support their dead beat butts.

Are you sure it's not my tax who support your lazy butts, oh yes I've paid US Income taxes from 2003.

Jan 30, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #64 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure it's not my tax who support your lazy butts, oh yes I've paid US Income taxes from 2003.

don't feed the trolls!

Jan 31, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #65 of 85
Quote:

Yeah, because being in the military makes you more American huh.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #66 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Methos1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Ask not what your country can do you for you, but what you can do for your country." JFK. You might want to write that down. I might be on the test.

So, just what have you done for this country besides hang out and enjoy it's hard earned freedoms for four years? What is your plan to give back to this great country you have stuggled so mightily to gain entry and citizenship to?

It always amazes me how young people just think that living here - and I'm talking about the ones who already are citizens - entitles them to so much of this country's great freedoms and yet they have done nothing for them. They complain, bitch and moan. But do they serve? Do they step up to the plate? None I've ever meant. Hard to take them seriously.

Freedom isn't free people. Is the burecratic process a nightmare right now? Sure. I wonder why. Could it be that all the resources are being used to keep religous fanatics from dropping buildings? Maybe.

I applaud you for at least coming in the front door and doing things legally. I don't even mind the lawsuits. Now take your greencard, get you citizenship and do something with it like run for office to help fix it, or maybe even do a stint in the military to lend a hand there.

And again - welcome.

To the guy who wanted to go to Canada: "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you." Buh-bye.

Ladies and gentleman... Mr Sean Hannity
rolleyes.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #67 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Methos1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No political agenda's here, just veteran like yourself - U.S. Navy - who loves to hear other people complain about how much it sucks here and how messed up it is, all the while trying so hard to get in so they can live a better life. I guess I'm an old-fashioned buy who loves his country, warts and all, and believes you're either part of the solution, or part of the problem, or just dead-weight.

X2 supporting free loaders is the problem.

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #68 of 85
Quote:

X2 supporting free loaders is the problem.

Yeah, I hate those tax-avoiding corporations. I don't know why all the anti-American CEOs who aren't willing to pay their fair share aren't run out of town.

Oh, did I misinterpret you
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #70 of 85
@HCIMAN - yeah, I'm an Idiot (I Am allowed to call myself a name, right?) - somehow my mind slipped a cog, and I had RYCeT a new Citizen already. I misread/misunderstood/had a senior moment - I am humbled by my obvious mistake. Please forgive me, all who took umbrage.

I still am glad that RYCeT has done it irght, and still applaud his approach. I still welcome him.

Now, on to the Laws - Title 18, U.S.Code, Section 922, part d seems to say that even ILLEGAL immigrants are allowed to have guns in "Limited" ways, but I can find no other place in the USC that has a positive statement about this.

However, in 18 USC, Section 922, (y) there are listed a couple ways that a Greencarder can have guns.

My copy is a couple years old, however - has the law changed since 2005 (when my copy was printed)?

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #71 of 85
Quote:

Hasta la vista ladies!I'm going back to where Quality people ,and classy people like me come from.Where the brains hang out.Head-Fi here I come.

Damn!Just when it was gettingfun. As a Matter of fact,I think your Ideas are good and quite traditional.ITs just yur timing is wrong.Indentured servitude was more popular a few Hundred years ago.Oh those olden dayz.

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #72 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, because being in the military makes you more American huh.

Don't forget about fornicating your sister. Mhmm....

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #73 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@HCIMAN - yeah, I'm an Idiot (I Am allowed to call myself a name, right?) - somehow my mind slipped a cog, and I had RYCeT a new Citizen already. I misread/misunderstood/had a senior moment - I am humbled by my obvious mistake. Please forgive me, all who took umbrage.

I wasnt taking offence at all, I was just clarifying a point about what a non citizen could do, I also didnt mean to give offence.

Quote:

I still am glad that RYCeT has done it irght, and still applaud his approach. I still welcome him.

The Missus and I became Green Card holders last year, we went through the legal route as well and it took us about a year.

Quote:

Now, on to the Laws......

You misunderstad me. I dont doubt the laws or your knowledge of them, I was merely proferring a personal opinion about gun ownership, which I personally oppose, but best if we dont debate that any further here as these things dont end well.

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #74 of 85
Quote:

I earn more money that you'll ever dream on having, I have worked harder than you ever have or will have, I am a naturalized American citizen that has paid more taxes than your life time income, and I have contributed more to this country than short sighted people like you ever will. I guess that makes me a better American than you. A lot of immigrants to this country bring a lot of brains and hard work. From Einstein, to Salk, to 40% of engineering PhD's, we immigrants have contributed a lot to our adopted country.
So, stop whining and do the same. (and learn to spell too). To the open minded people in this forum, Thank you, Thank you.

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #75 of 85
Another thing. Not everyone here on a Green card intends to become a US citizen. A Green Card means lawful permanent resident status. Nothing more. It gives the recipient no right to vote and the issuer no right to conscript a foreign citizen. It's to allow people to live and work in the US. What people intend to do after that is for the card holder to decide. If they wish to pursue citizenship, that is up to them. If not, that's ok too.

Some here appear to have little idea what a green card actually is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back