Finally, Got my GreenCard after 4+ years waiting
Jan 31, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #76 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hasta la vista ladies!I'm going back to where Quality people ,and classy people like me come from.Where the brains hang out.Head-Fi here I come.

Wait, I'm confused...do real head-fiers serve in a head-fi army that I'm not aware of? Are we posting in this thread as illegal head-fi aliens who don't do their civic duty to head-fi, Mr. O'Reilly?

I'm truly amazed this thread is still open. All hail head-fi.

Jan 31, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #77 of 85
And the word "ladies" used as an implied insult. All real Americans, and "classy people like him" are all men.

So my conclusion is, he likes the guys.
wink.gif

But seriously, people like him do not deserve to have accounts here.

Jan 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #78 of 85
Quote:

Wait, I'm confused...do real head-fiers serve in a head-fi army that I'm not aware of? Are we posting in this thread as illegal head-fi aliens who don't do their civic duty to head-fi, Mr. O'Reilly?

Heh...

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #79 of 85
When did Red Skull start fancying himself Captain America? Sounds like someone threw their clan uniform in with the reds and is a little bit pissy.

Congratulations, Rycet. Can't say welcome (I'm a northern pinko) but indeed, it's great that you've managed to sort through all the red tape and are finally able to settle in!

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #81 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the word "ladies" used as an implied insult. All real Americans, and "classy people like him" are all men.

So my conclusion is, he likes the guys.
wink.gif

But seriously, people like him do not deserve to have accounts here.

I was really glad to see this thread dying out. And I hate to be the one to make yet another post on it, and this will surely be my last. I've re-read them all a bunch of tiimes. It's so easy to just write things without seeing the faces of the people reading it. I've been grouped with a guy whom's views I don't share. But I also don't share many of the other, more PC views here.

Many of you are on your soap box here yet no one addresses the core issues sometimes bluntly and perhaps even seemingly ignorantly put forth. My posts had in them congratulations for perseverance and suggestions on making this country better as opposed to just complaining about it. What was the knee-jerk reaction? I've been called names. I've been asked what I've done to serve my country. I was sworn at and alluded to living in my mother's bassment - or maybe that was the other guy.

And then we had the guy above in the quote who takes umbrage with the implied insult of the using of the word 'ladies' (for which I agree with him - it was an insult and should not have been used) and then totally blows his nice reply by insinuating that the male poster 'likes men' thus throwing out his even less PC insult that the man is gay and there is somthing wrong with being gay. (for which I dissagree with him for I feel there is nothing wrong with being gay) You, sir, owe an appology to every gay person on this forum.

And then there was my favorite one - the person who basically compared serving their country in the armed forces as being somehow similar to fornicating with your sister. There's so many insults in that statement that I can't begin to address them. Thank God for the anominity of the Internet. I have a lot of military veteran friends, many with children currently serving in some pretty bad places in the world, who would love to meet and discuss this opinion with you!

But I dirgress.

This thread, once ripe for intelligent ideas and debate, quickly and as usual on every internet forum I've ever been to, has denegrated to name calling and a lack of tolerance of ideas on BOTH sides. I wish I'd never posted a single thing. I wish the moderators had shut it down a long time ago. I hope they shut it down now.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #82 of 85
Methos, if it's any consolation, I do believe the insults started to fly due to this Jaw character (caricature), not your comments. I know mine certainly was. I wanted to congratulate Rycet, but really couldn't help myself from making an absurd slam back at our resident moron.

While I don't agree with your initial post, I can certainly appreciate that you hold an opinion and have taken strides to converse in a civil manner with others in this thread who both share and oppose those views. It wasn't until the troll popped in here tossing his bigotry all over the place that things took a slide.

So, mods, in a political thread that HAD been well tempered, would it make sense to delete the offending and retaliatory posts (including mine) to keep this thread moving forward in the original spirit?

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #83 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Methos1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And then there was my favorite one - the person who basically compared serving their country in the armed forces as being somehow similar to fornicating with your sister. There's so many insults in that statement that I can't begin to address them. Thank God for the anominity of the Internet. I have a lot of military veteran friends, many with children currently serving in some pretty bad places in the world, who would love to meet and discuss this opinion with you!

As the only one who found insult in my post, you clearly missed the sarcasm. Like GlendaleViper previously said, this barrage of verbal attacks stems from Jaw007's ignorant, and illogical comments regarding the military and what it means to be an American. Since he made the moronic statement of questioning one's patriotism to their lack of service in the armed forces, I was merely playing along with the stupidity, making a satirical comment with regards to the old joke that Southerners have sexual relations with their sibilings. It wasn't meant to be a jab at those serving our country, and for those who thought that, I apologize.

Feb 2, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #84 of 85
I was referring to Jaw in my quote, not you. He's earned a permanent vacation on another ignore list, so he can go off and post anything on any other part of this forum and there will be one less person who has the time to read it.

However, I did address your first rant, since you seemed to be going on about being part of the problem if you weren't the solution and all that, and I stated what I didn't agree with and why, and I asked you for clarification, and never got any.

This isn't a political forum, which is probably why you're dissatisfied with the answers not being political. I've jumped through the hoops myself for another country, and was welcoming the OP to team expat. I read nothing in the OP's post that would seem to have anything to do with the rant you posted.

If you'd like to clarify what your solutions actually are, then have at.

Quote:

I was really glad to see this thread dying out. And I hate to be the one to make yet another post on it, and this will surely be my last. I've re-read them all a bunch of tiimes. It's so easy to just write things without seeing the faces of the people reading it. I've been grouped with a guy whom's views I don't share. But I also don't share many of the other, more PC views here.

Many of you are on your soap box here yet no one addresses the core issues sometimes bluntly and perhaps even seemingly ignorantly put forth. My posts had in them congratulations for perseverance and suggestions on making this country better as opposed to just complaining about it. What was the knee-jerk reaction? I've been called names. I've been asked what I've done to serve my country. I was sworn at and alluded to living in my mother's bassment - or maybe that was the other guy.

And then we had the guy above in the quote who takes umbrage with the implied insult of the using of the word 'ladies' (for which I agree with him - it was an insult and should not have been used) and then totally blows his nice reply by insinuating that the male poster 'likes men' thus throwing out his even less PC insult that the man is gay and there is somthing wrong with being gay. (for which I dissagree with him for I feel there is nothing wrong with being gay) You, sir, owe an appology to every gay person on this forum.

But I dirgress.

This thread, once ripe for intelligent ideas and debate, quickly and as usual on every internet forum I've ever been to, has denegrated to name calling and a lack of tolerance of ideas on BOTH sides. I wish I'd never posted a single thing. I wish the moderators had shut it down a long time ago. I hope they shut it down now.

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #85 of 85
Quote:

Well you and I both wish you'd never posted in this thread. No matter how you choose to portray yourself as a victim, this was a congratulatory thread until you jumped up on your soap box and used the celebratory nature of this one to spout your own political points (post #20). Please everyone go back to the beginning and read through the individual posts. The OP had posted a long and trying experience that had reached a milestone. Methos1979 jumped in to announce his/her commentary on the general immigration 'problem' and to now defensively portray his/herself as a victim is beyond ridiculous. And he/her is worried about outsiders whining. Just reread the posts. Time to watch Idiocracy again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back