Finally came today
Apr 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Rossy007

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my AKG Q701's today (black) I am currently using them off my ipod 5th gen until my Schiit Magni comes (Thursday)

If this is what I have to look forward too, Woohoo. Although I have read a lot about burning in (yes it makes a difference, no it doesn't)  i will be running some pink noise through them while I'm at work. I'm very happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 16
For many of the AKG headphones the burn in process can help decrease the sibilance heard in the upper treble. This is something that is going to happen over time anyway so burn in is not always necessary, but it does help if you want the effect to take place early.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Things will get more interesting once you get the amp. Be prepared to start on this journey. 

+1 SOrry about your wallet dude
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 16
I'm glad to see that you like your new Q701, i have a weak spot for the K701, aside from sounding very good, i think that they are some of the nicest looking and well crafted headphones around.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #10 of 16
Nooooooo, FedEx has moved my shipment of the Magni from Thursday to Friday, no reason. I was going to call upon Thor the god of thunder for help but I think he would say "its only one extra day"
frown.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:
Nooooooo, FedEx has moved my shipment of the Magni from Thursday to Friday, no reason. I was going to call upon Thor the god of thunder for help but I think he would say "its only one extra day"
frown.gif

It's only 1 day. You have great headphones already 
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #15 of 16
For the Q701, I recommend at least 600-800 hours of break-in. Not joking.
It sounds insane and I know the hassle it is... But it's worth it.
Btw, the process is called "break-in". It's a mechanical process (same with shoes, hats, ...).
"Burn-in" is for cables, amps and other electronic components.
Anyway, congrats for your purchase! Imo, the Q701 are just fantastic. They "wrap" the music around your head.
Unique headphones, of the highest calibre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back