Final Thoughts: Sony MDR-XB1000 vs. MDR-XB700 *** Pictures ***
Mar 15, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #61 of 298
CHEERS!. I used this track along with some gms and astral projection, to demo the xb700 and the xb500, and could not stop dancing
tongue.gif
, the sales people at sony style were intrigued (the demo tracks on their DAPs are sony artists
ph34r.gif
and are not good demo tracks). I bet if they used some proper tracks they would sell out all the xb cans in days
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #62 of 298
Question to the OP:

It seams like your opinion to the xb1000 has turned arround from being very dissapointed when you first got them, is this true and could you comment on your impressions now that you have owned them for a while?

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #64 of 298

Quote:
Question to the OP:

It seams like your opinion to the xb1000 has turned arround from being very dissapointed when you first got them, is this true and could you comment on your impressions now that you have owned them for a while?

Yes, my opinion has changed a bit.  The XB1000 is very good at electronic music and I use it just for that.  The XB700 is very good at Rap and Hip Hop and I use it for that genre.  There is no perfect headphones so I have one that does each genre best.

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #65 of 298

Quote:
Does anyone know or have a rough estimate of the price range and release for NA?

I suspect it may be $199 in April or May.  I am happy with mine because I get to enjoy it before everyone else in the U.S.  But I did pay extra for that.

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #68 of 298
Mar 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #69 of 298
Got them today the xb700 and wow they rock outstanding bass response
beyersmile.png
  but is it normal that with some songs the bass is a little more on the right side then the left like a bassline that is only on the right and other tunes on the left side...?? with the jvc rx700 i have the same problem but other tracks do sound equal on both sides so is this because of full size i am used to use earbuds and do not have that problem there.....? greetings smoker....

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #70 of 298
i noticed that too on some headphones. I thought I must be going deaf in one ear.

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #71 of 298
yeah that is what i thought too but when you put them on in reverse it seems to be gone try that and tell me cause it's  very weird and don't have that with earbuds must be going crazy i guess hahaha
deadhorse.gif

but mainly with house music with rap and country or pop music i have no problems then i do hear some things left or right but not annoying but with house it is sometimes when i do not hear the bass left and right the same volume because of extra bass-line on the right...grrrr

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #74 of 298
I thought the logitech Z-2300 was a good source for headphones, because it has an amp but after listening to it i put the XB700 in my creative X-fi style and WOW man what a difference the bass is really GROUNDING AND POUNDING  IN YOUR FACE LIKE BROCK LESNER....Holy Moly then i really need a external usb amp like the creative sound blaster x-fi HD that must give a much better sound then the Z-2300, cause i only have a realtek onboard soundcard in my pc, thought the Z-2300 sounded good until now....jeez what a difference and it's only a small portable mp3 player......
atsmile.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #75 of 298

Quote:
Got them today the xb700 and wow they rock outstanding bass response
beyersmile.png
  but is it normal that with some songs the bass is a little more on the right side then the left like a bassline that is only on the right and other tunes on the left side...?? with the jvc rx700 i have the same problem but other tracks do sound equal on both sides so is this because of full size i am used to use earbuds and do not have that problem there.....? greetings smoker....

Happened with me too :p

maybe it's because in these headphones fit plays an important role and due to the micro-soft:)P) cushions you don't really get to know if the fit in each ear is the same, and since bass is most impacted by fit, maybe it has a relation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back