Final from Japan having new line up: MAKE Series
Oct 16, 2018 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

zilkhaw

100+ Head-Fier
Seems like Final from Japan is going to release a new series of earphones named as Make.

EDIT1 (17-Oct-2018) : So I have checked on this new series. It seems that due to the new concept of design which let users to open up the unit and tune the output, the company decided to start something like KickStarter in Japan around Dec 2017 only for Japan citizen. The KickStarter ended at the end of March 2018 with the total funding of around 300k USD. During the period, the company held multiple audition events in major cities of Japan. The KickStarter product was sent out to supporter start from September 2018. The company is planning sells these series around Japan start from this December and they also planning to start selling them in Hongkong next.

There are some reviews written by some Japanese who joined those audition event. I will try to translate them into English when I have time.

EDIT2 (18-Nov-2018) : Final start to sell MAKE series on their Online Direct Shop which is limited to Japan. http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/fs/final/c/MAKE Audiophile outside of Japan can try to contact Final if they ship out from Japan or can purchase them through 3rd party purchasing services.

EDIT3 (20-Nov-2018) : After sending in a confirmation email to Final, due to multiple challenges on this project, MAKE1,2,3 are decided to be limited in Japan, China and Hongkong only. Anyone outside of these countries who are interested in this series may try to purchase them through 3rd party purchasing services such as Tenso, Zenmarket or any similar services. However Final mentioned that they will try their best facing those challenges to push the next models to Europe and America.

692_ext_11_en_0.jpg

695_ext_35_en_0.jpg

696_ext_35_en_0.jpg

And the interesting part is, it seems like user can open the body and change the filters to tune the earphone to the sound you like.

692_ext_16_en_7.jpg

692_ext_18_en_7.jpg

692_ext_20_en_7.jpg

692_ext_16_en_8.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 85
Make 1 is in my short list now. Hope someone will review these soon!

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 85
Sign me up for a Make 2 :)

Although why do I get the feeling that I'm going to royally f*ck up something when I try to tune it :sweat_smile:

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 85
Since most of the information can be found here

http://snext-final.com/en/products/makeseries/

I am going to add more of the information based on the details that Final announced in the Japanese crowdfunding website.

Cable

MAKE1 is coming with Silver Coated MMCX connector which is selling at 19800 yen (around 175USD) while MAKE2, MAKE3 is coming with Black MMCX connector which is selling at 7800 yen (around 70USD)

Left channel is indicated with Black color and Right channel is indicated with Red color.

To let users easily identify the channel even in dark environment, Left channel is added with a tiny protrusion.

107829.jpg

107829_1.jpg

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #8 of 85
Drivers

MAKE1: 2x Balanced Armature Driver for High + 2x Balanced Armature Driver for Mid and Low (Even though it was announced as 3BA)
150455.png

MAKE2: 1x Balanced Armature Driver for High + 1x Dynamic Driver for Low
150455_1.png

MAKE3: 1x Dynamic Driver for all range
150455_2.png

The dynamic driver for MAKE2 and MAKE3 are same. The design of the dynamic driver is same as Final E series but with different specification.

Personally, I am interested with MAKE2 because I really like how Final has successfully achieved with their hybrid combination on Sonorous VI (Pandore Hope VI)
But as a FI-BA-SS owner, I am curious about how 4BA combination on MAKE1 sounds like.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #12 of 85
Pre-order starts?

Erm, the earphone so far still not yet being sold even in Japan.
Except those who support the crowdfunding project.
This week Final have run special tuning course for those supporters.

But I heard that the earphone will start selling in Japan this December and Hongkong next.
Can't wait to grab a MAKE1 or MAKE2 myself :D

For other countries I am not so sure.

For their prices, according to their crowdfunding page
https://www.makuake.com/project/final/

MAKE1: 59800 yen
MAKE2: 32800 yen
MAKE3: 16800 yen

I am not so sure if people outside of Japan can directly purchase them from their online shop
http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/

I just clicked on their shipment overseas and it brought me to FAQ. So I guess No?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #13 of 85
Internal look

Here is the internal look of MAKE1 (Front), MAKE2 (Middle), MAKE3 (Back)

146467.png

For MAKE1, since the Filters that can be changed are located at the sound nozzle, MAKE1 does not need to be opened to make the tuning.

However, for MAKE2 and MAKE3 which have the dynamic driver inside, to tune the bass frequency response, the earphone has to be opened.
There are some photos shown by Final on how to change the filter.

Step1: Open up the casing after removing the screw
152360.png

Step2: Change the filters located at the tiny little hole of the dynamic driver. Center align the filter to the hole to prevent leakage of air which will cause sound quality changes.
152360_1.png

The internal looks simple, just be careful not to cut off those wires :D
Maybe some serious guys might even consider changing the cheapy looking wires to something more expensive.

Nov 1, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 85
Anyone know how well these isolate?

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #15 of 85
Anyone know how well these isolate?
As the number of unit that are currently available in Japan is very limited, I tried to search online and got a review by a Japanese user.
The page is http://optimalfeel.hateblo.jp/entry/2018/09/30/104018

Unfortunately as it is written in Japanese, but I can translate it to English. And you can find some photo about the internal of box and items attached.

5点満点で、 If full mark is 5, then
満足度 5 Satisfaction 5
高音 4 High 4
中音 5 Mid 5
低音 5 Low 5
細やかさ 5 Resolution 5
迫力 4 Bass Intensity 4
音場 5 Soundstage 5
遮音性 5 Isolation 5

(音漏れに付いては確かめられなかった。) I have not actually checked for sound leakage

According to my knowledge, there are multiple types of tips come together with the package.
Therefore using the correct size determine the capability of isolation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back