Final at the Munich HIGH END exhibition.
Jun 22, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #61 of 95
  Price for each? Seems it's being intentionally left out.

UK price will be £2299 for the Sonorous VIII and £3499 for the Sonorous X.

They also make 25$ cheapos. This is a strategy that I don't get.

As with many of the more "mainstream" brands, Final produce products across the entire spectrum of price points. The Adagio range offer a high quality but fun experience for those who can't quite stretch to the Heaven series. The Adagio III in particular is great if you're a  bit of a basshead!

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #62 of 95
Hi all. I thought I'd drop in to answer some of the more general points in this thread.

Availability - The Sonorous VIII and X are going to be available around the end of July. I will keep you posted on this.

Cables - As stated earlier, Final have partnered with ALO to produce some replacement cables for the Sonorous and Pandora range. They will also begin to become available towards the end of July. I will update you when I have some more news.

The Sound - We've been really lucky to have the only Sonorous sample units in the World in our office this week and we're all in agreement that the VIII and X are pretty mindblowing. The X is detailed and airy, and capable of handing both delicate classical and dirty rock stuff in equal measures. What has impressed me most is just how much it sounds like you are in the room with the band or orchestra. Reverb trails seem to go on for an age and then disappear off naturally and beautifully. The VIII is very much a different beast. It is tight and punchy and superb with anything that has a bit more of a kick.

The Price - Understandably, a big talking point here is the price of the VIII and X. Yes, they are an expensive item, but what Final have produced are two incredibly unique headphones that are truly flagship models. I think they display some of the finest craftsmanship on the market and are even more spectacular up close. These are really special headphones and that is reflected in the price.

Any more questions, let me know!

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #63 of 95
Mmm.....looking forward to the Alo/Final cable for the Pandora series. I hope the (upgrade?) cable looks as beautiful as the stock cable (Pandora Hope VI) which I like very much.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #64 of 95
  Hi all. I thought I'd drop in to answer some of the more general points in this thread.

Availability - The Sonorous VIII and X are going to be available around the end of July. I will keep you posted on this.

Cables - As stated earlier, Final have partnered with ALO to produce some replacement cables for the Sonorous and Pandora range. They will also begin to become available towards the end of July. I will update you when I have some more news.

The Sound - We've been really lucky to have the only Sonorous sample units in the World in our office this week and we're all in agreement that the VIII and X are pretty mindblowing. The X is detailed and airy, and capable of handing both delicate classical and dirty rock stuff in equal measures. What has impressed me most is just how much it sounds like you are in the room with the band or orchestra. Reverb trails seem to go on for an age and then disappear off naturally and beautifully. The VIII is very much a different beast. It is tight and punchy and superb with anything that has a bit more of a kick.

The Price - Understandably, a big talking point here is the price of the VIII and X. Yes, they are an expensive item, but what Final have produced are two incredibly unique headphones that are truly flagship models. I think they display some of the finest craftsmanship on the market and are even more spectacular up close. These are really special headphones and that is reflected in the price.

Any more questions, let me know!

Whoo! Definitely want to hear these headphones, and will probably add them to my collection somewhere along the line.

You missed my questions:

@Final UK

It has become apparent to me that the SONOROUS X is the post-prototype version of the Pandora X.

However, what about the Pandora SE?

It was rumored to cost well over ten grand. Have the plans been scrapped?

At any rate, should the X be pronounced as "ex" or "ten"?
bigsmile_face.gif

Also, is there really no way to adjust the vertical height of these headphones?
blink.gif

@Final UK

Should the "Sonorous" be in all caps? I've been doing it that way because I see it that way on the product pages...but it's not in all caps in your first post in this thread.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #65 of 95
Final - VP of Product Design & Marketing...I pitty da fool that don't buy these cans!!!

Jun 22, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #66 of 95
  @Final UK

It has become apparent to me that the SONOROUS X is the post-prototype version of the Pandora X.

However, what about the Pandora SE?

It was rumored to cost well over ten grand. Have the plans been scrapped?

At any rate, should the X be pronounced as "ex" or "ten"? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Also, is there really no way to adjust the vertical height of these headphones? 
blink.gif

@Final UK

Should the "Sonorous" be in all caps? I've been doing it that way because I see it that way on the product pages...but it's not in all caps in your first post in this thread.

The SONOROUS X is indeed the final (no pun intended) version of what had previously been referred to as the Pandora X. As far as I know, there is no word on the Pandora SE. The X is pronounced as "ten". With regards to fit, the ear cups slide up and down, as with the Pandora VI. Myself and my colleagues have all tried them for lengthy periods over the course of the last week and no-one has reported any problems with fit or comfort. In fact, they fit my head really, really well. I've used the VI for entire work days without any issue.

As for the capitalising SONOROUS, I think you are correct!

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #67 of 95
  The SONOROUS X is indeed the final (no pun intended) version of what had previously been referred to as the Pandora X. As far as I know, there is no word on the Pandora SE. The X is pronounced as "ten". With regards to fit, the ear cups slide up and down, as with the Pandora VI. Myself and my colleagues have all tried them for lengthy periods over the course of the last week and no-one has reported any problems with fit or comfort. In fact, they fit my head really, really well. I've used the VI for entire work days without any issue.

As for the capitalising SONOROUS, I think you are correct!

Thanks for the answers. Now I'm wondering whether the VIII will be worth getting in addition to the X. (For me, I mean.)

Aha! Thought I was.

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #68 of 95

Thanks for the answers. Now I'm wondering whether the VIII will be worth getting in addition to the X. (For me, I mean.)

Aha! Thought I was.

I think it will definitely worth investigating both the VIII and the X. They are quite different. As I explained, the VIII is much tighter. I found that kick drums are brought to the forefront, and that anything vaguely aggressive-sounding becomes incredibly exciting indeed!

Jun 22, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #69 of 95
I listened to the original Pandora X at CES 2015 and liked what I heard. They were a neat set of cans that sounded different than the other flagships on the market. The price is a little -gulp-, but I'd like to give them another shot. Has anything changed from the unit back in January to the current SONOROUS X version? 

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #71 of 95
  Just a suggestion: Final should form a partnership with Square Enix and call the headphones.........Final Fantasy.
very_evil_smiley.gif
duggehsmile.png

Lol, Square Enix should be banned from head-fi due to their lack of listening to fans for over 10 years. After 18 years they wake up "Huh? You want a FF7 remake? okay..." Sounds like Finally Fantasy to me, lol.

Not to get siderailed, but I don't know if Final wants to associate themselves with Square, especially if some of the workers at Final are old-school gamers 
very_evil_smiley.gif

sorry about the rant... I'm a bit passionate when it comes to gaming 
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #72 of 95
  Lol, Square Enix should be banned from head-fi due to their lack of listening to fans for over 10 years. After 18 years they wake up "Huh? You want a FF7 remake? okay..." Sounds like Finally Fantasy to me, lol.

Not to get siderailed, but I don't know if Final wants to associate themselves with Square, especially if some of the workers at Final are old-school gamers 
very_evil_smiley.gif

sorry about the rant... I'm a bit passionate when it comes to gaming 
biggrin.gif

No such thing as bad publicity, as they say. Couldn't resist saying that, though, since the subject of puns was brought up. But yeah, Final Fantasy VII is still my favorite game of all time. Over the moon about this remake. I'll be patient. I dreamt about remaking it myself (as in being the director and paying tons of people to do it, lol) someday, if they never did. Still want to at least remake the soundtrack in the highest quality, if I ever have the chance to hire enough musicians. </derailment>

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #75 of 95

Know what I would love to do? Get all the flagships, equalize them so the frequency response is as close to neutral as possible, then publish a super review! (Covering with and without the EQ, plus mods, various gear combos, etc.) I feel that would be far more interesting than merely comparing the stock tunings, you know?

Grasshopper:

You forgot DETAIL.
Besides which;The fine lines between "neutral" and human perception and expectation are too vast for me to comprehend 
confused_face_2.gif

Which leads me to another point:
When I saw the picture of this headphone (sonorous) it reminded me of something.It took me awhile to figure out what it was but it was this:

To be honest, I`ve never heard either companies` products.

Just saying.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back