Final at the Munich HIGH END exhibition.
Jun 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #91 of 95
  The main factory is located in Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki (Japan).  You can buy directly from the factory if you are in Japan on the main web website under the tab Direct Shop.  www.final-audio-design.com.  Please note that we are currently making changes to the Japan only store but they should be done in the next few days.  If you need help once in Japan and cannot get through to the factory shop let me know and I will have someone from Japan contact you directly.

The main company website above also lists under the Dealers tab the stores who carry Final product in each country along with their contact information.  Many of them do have demonstration product available to test in-store, but you would need to confirm with the actual store as to what they have.  This is also having some changes made to it to update the Global list, should be completed soon as well.

Thanks!

I'll check it out....

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #94 of 95

I think it will definitely worth investigating both the VIII and the X. They are quite different. As I explained, the VIII is much tighter. I found that kick drums are brought to the forefront, and that anything vaguely aggressive-sounding becomes incredibly exciting indeed!

Hi, your version of the Sonorous VIII sounds right up my alley. However in the latest edition of Hifi Choice November 2015, although it is given a positive overall review  it is described as being ultra laid back and completely lacking in PRAT! I've paraphrased their words as I don't want to be done for infringing their copyright. You both can't be right so will the real Sonorous VIII stand Up? Did you hear a preproduction version and the production version has had the character dramatically altered? What equipment did you use it with to get the results you described?

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #95 of 95
  Hi, your version of the Sonorous VIII sounds right up my alley. However in the latest edition of Hifi Choice November 2015, although it is given a positive overall review  it is described as being ultra laid back and completely lacking in PRAT! I've paraphrased their words as I don't want to be done for infringing their copyright. You both can't be right so will the real Sonorous VIII stand Up? Did you hear a preproduction version and the production version has had the character dramatically altered? What equipment did you use it with to get the results you described?

The version described above was a production model. While sound quality is subjective, I would say that the Sonorous VIII certainly does have a decent kick but is not overwhelming. I used have heard the VIII with an iPhone 6 and the Lotoo PAW Gold. While the VIII opened up more with the PAW Gold, it still sounded fast and exciting. It may well be that the reviewer used source gear with a more laid-back quality.

As I understand it, the Sonorous VIII and X will be making their way to stores in the next couple of weeks, so your best bet would be to have a listen for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back