Final at the Munich HIGH END exhibition.
Jun 19, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #16 of 95

KOSS can sell 10,000 PortaPros and Final and Abyss can sell 5 or 10 of their headphones. Amounts to the about same thing.

That's Apple's way of business!
(except that Apple sells butt-loads of their products)

tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #17 of 95
Guess they need to be included in a shoot out with the abyss, ultrasone edition 5 and stax 009. They are All in that price range. All the critics but maybe the sound is that good. I haven't heard them myself but I am liking the Final sound in iems so far.

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #18 of 95
All the thousand dollar headphones that sound good are still not thousands of dollars in difference to a great sounding headphone that cost less then $800. They might be able to produce details that you wouldn't normally here but you have to really be doing critical listening to hear them. And that's not the way I like to listen to music, I just want to relax and enjoy it

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #19 of 95
Just Great! Were having a repeat of the 80's! In the late 80's I watch an invasion of gold plated hi-fi destroy hi-end hi-fi for the regular folks(middle class). Now it looks to be happening all over again with Head-fi. Hopefully more companies like Schitt Audio & OPPO will start popping up, and keep this crazy crap for the folks with a lot of dollars and no cents(sense). imo.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #20 of 95
Usually I associate aesthetically pleasing headphones to be portable/outdoor headphones. I wonder who'd be crazy enough to walk around with a pair of these :p

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #21 of 95
  Since there priced so high, does anyone think there sound will compete with Audeze LCD's and Sennheisers HD800's and other TOTL. I have only heard there Heaven IV's and there one of my favorite single BA iem's but they are priced right.

mmm.....I have the FAD Pandora's Hope VI - surprisingly very good and solidly-built  headcans and my most musical (in my small collection) and the price is very reasonable. Now about the new TOTL Finals............awestruck by the pricing but can it perform better than others (The Abyss, HE-1000) in its price range?

Jun 20, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #22 of 95
I believe established companies that put out products at higher prices there making a statement that there the best even if they are not. And when you have people buying them at that price they are going praise them up and down no matter what. How foolish would it sound if you spent thousands of dollars on a product that sound just ok. And from all the hype people will post the same things of how great they are. I bet if Sennheiser released there HD800 at a $300 price point they would never be highly regarded as they are now. There are plenty of headphones that cost way less then some TOTL but you never hear how good they are we only hear about the ones that cost a fortune. It's a mental advertising game if you ask me and every one jumps on it.

I am not saying these will sound bad they might be the best sounding headphones on earth. But I would never pay that much even for the best sounding headphone ever made.

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #24 of 95
I own a pair of the Pandora Hope VIs, and have to say that they are by far the best headphones I've heard! also not too expensive (around 650€)
look up the thread for the PH6, you'll see that there is not a single bad word about the soundquality. Some people even picked them over the Audezes...

A representative also told me that there will be a partnership with ALO for some great cables, coming some time this summer.

but I have to admitt, the Sonorus are very pricy, and will definitely be for a special audience.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #27 of 95
Wow, 3,000- 5,000, and you still get the same poorly designed solid band with no click stops to hold the ear cups in place, and keep them from creeping down while they're being worn. That was the most aggravating thing when I had the Pandora Hope VI. You'd get it set where sizing was just right, then it would keep loosening up as the ear cups slid down those bands. 

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #28 of 95
  Wow, 3,000- 5,000, and you still get the same poorly designed solid band with no click stops to hold the ear cups in place, and keep them from creeping down while they're being worn. That was the most aggravating thing when I had the Pandora Hope VI. You'd get it set where sizing was just right, then it would keep loosening up as the ear cups slid down those bands. 

Mmm......grow a bigger head. I have a big head. FAD PH vi does a good job of staying in place. But, yes, a click stop would be an improvement.

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #29 of 95
@Final UK

It has become apparent to me that the SONOROUS X is the post-prototype version of the Pandora X.

However, what about the Pandora SE?

It was rumored to cost well over ten grand. Have the plans been scrapped?

At any rate, should the X be pronounced as "ex" or "ten"?
bigsmile_face.gif

Also, is there really no way to adjust the vertical height of these headphones?
blink.gif

I need to add, they're quite weighty at 630g

The Abyss is 660 grams, yet does not feel heavy on my head. I'd say the design is more important than the weight.

Guess they need to be included in a shoot out with the abyss, ultrasone edition 5 and stax 009. They are All in that price range. All the critics but maybe the sound is that good. I haven't heard them myself but I am liking the Final sound in iems so far.

These are the type of headphones that tend to be bought by those crazy enough (read: me!) to actually buy the aforementioned headphones too, or by those who already own them. I really hope there isn't someone out there who is going to save up and spend all the money they have just to get these. I have found that ultra-high-end headphones really are about getting a certain sound -- one that many people may not even prefer over affordable headphones.

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #30 of 95
Mmm.....for ten grand, Final better send a few flying elves to me to do a custom fitting and the final product delivered  by pair of playboy bunnies.

Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Final UK

It has become apparent to me that the SONOROUS X is the post-prototype version of the Pandora X.

However, what about the Pandora SE?

It was rumored to cost well over ten grand. Have the plans been scrapped?

At any rate, should the X be pronounced as "ex" or "ten"?
bigsmile_face.gif

Also, is there really no way to adjust the vertical height of these headphones?
blink.gif

The Abyss is 660 grams, yet does not feel heavy on my head. I'd say the design is more important than the weight.

These are the type of headphones that tend to be bought by those crazy enough (read: me!) to actually buy the aforementioned headphones too, or by those who already own them. I really hope there isn't someone out there who is going to save up and spend all the money they have just to get these. I have found that ultra-high-end headphones really are about getting a certain sound -- one that many people may not even prefer over affordable headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back