Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Mar 30, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #166 of 817
I have finish my (too) long review of the A8000, it can found on headfi or HERE

Simply put, they are the best all-arounder hyper-realist sounding IEM I ever try, the bass articulation and extension is mind-blowing, tonal balance is perfect, imaging is both great in spatiality and (transparent) layering, transient response is so fast even the busiest tracks never get congested and got good space between every instruments. I discover they improve even more with a good quality Litz 6n OCC copper cable (extra timbre thickness and nuance). Ear tips as well as audio source (amping) do inflict on their behavior too.

The A8000 are sure expensive, but at least, they make 99.99% of music sound excellent, unlike less neutral TOTL iem. As well, they response to EQ impressively well, I can transform it into Basshead iem if I want.
Agreed with copper cable. My friend and I have tested many cables with A8000, and found out that the best cable for our ears was new PWaudio 1960 Shielded.

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #167 of 817
Agreed with copper cable. My friend and I have tested many cables with A8000, and found out that the best cable for our ears was new PWaudio 1960 Shielded.
damn....look like a very fancy cable. the Audiosense is 40$. I did not like Dunu cable with the A8000 as well as stock cable, which is good for warm iem like E5000 but not so much for sharp sounding A8000. biggest difference is in timbre, which become more natural without loosing its definition.
look like everybody here is thinking amping do open the sound more too. its very true.
Do you use stock eartips???

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #168 of 817
damn....look like a very fancy cable. the Audiosense is 40$. I did not like Dunu cable with the A8000 as well as stock cable, which is good for warm iem like E5000 but not so much for sharp sounding A8000. biggest difference is in timbre, which become more natural without loosing its definition.
look like everybody here is thinking amping do open the sound more too. its very true.
Do you use stock eartips???
Tried: Stock, Spiral Dot++, Acoustune and some others that I don't remember. As for me the best sound give Stock tips.

Yeah, the cable that cost higher than iems is a crazy thing, but what would you do for the best sound)

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #169 of 817
Thank you. Yes, I also use my music when falling asleep, nothing helps better than Beethoven with the A8000 from my QP2R. I hope these dark clouds pass soon (but this storm will hit here hard) ... Stay safe!
Thank you very much for sharing your nice words of A8000. Very appreciated.
You know what, you have caught by interest because you are pairing Questyle with the A8000. I am personally using A8000 with QPM too. :D

While I wish all of you being healthy and keep yourselves safe, please also take good care of your ears. We, as music lover, we definitely want to keep our sensitive ear as long as we can. Of course, hearing capability falls with age, but listening too much to earphone also make the process faster. Therefore, guys, take good care of your ears, because they are simply too precious for us as a music lover.

I have finish my (too) long review of the A8000, it can found on headfi or HERE

Simply put, they are the best all-arounder hyper-realist sounding IEM I ever try, the bass articulation and extension is mind-blowing, tonal balance is perfect, imaging is both great in spatiality and (transparent) layering, transient response is so fast even the busiest tracks never get congested and got good space between every instruments. I discover they improve even more with a good quality Litz 6n OCC copper cable (extra timbre thickness and nuance). Ear tips as well as audio source (amping) do inflict on their behavior too.

The A8000 are sure expensive, but at least, they make 99.99% of music sound excellent, unlike less neutral TOTL iem. As well, they response to EQ impressively well, I can transform it into Basshead iem if I want.
Hey, thank you! We are really glad that the main concept and aim that we have set for this new flagship A8000 has successfully achieved!

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #170 of 817
with a good portable amp and a decent cable to pair with a8000 plus the burn in time of 500+ hours. A8000 finally achieved the a good level performance within my budget.

Imaging is completely out of head, soundstage is on par with any full size headphone in the same price range(not hd800s). Transparency wise it beats any planner that i ever had time with(ether2 Hekse)

after endless cable rolling i have to say wireworld’s nano platinum is best suited for a8000, better transparency with larger soundstage. The only downfall is layerings is bit different compared with c106.

rosenkratz element 2 have even better layering than c106 with much reduced transparency. I guess transparency and layering is very hard to balance in any cable.

the budget source i use is n6mk2 e02 line-out—partita3 portable balance amp

however i would still recommends hugo2+2go to get the best transparency out of a8000.

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #171 of 817
with a good portable amp and a decent cable to pair with a8000 plus the burn in time of 500+ hours. A8000 finally achieved the a good level performance within my budget.

Imaging is completely out of head, soundstage is on par with any full size headphone in the same price range(not hd800s). Transparency wise it beats any planner that i ever had time with(ether2 Hekse)

after endless cable rolling i have to say wireworld’s nano platinum is best suited for a8000, better transparency with larger soundstage. The only downfall is layerings is bit different compared with c106.

rosenkratz element 2 have even better layering than c106 with much reduced transparency. I guess transparency and layering is very hard to balance in any cable.

the budget source i use is n6mk2 e02 line-out—partita3 portable balance amp

however i would still recommends hugo2+2go to get the best transparency out of a8000.
What were some of your music tracks you used ?

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #173 of 817
BGGAR has just received a new set, 7HZ i99, that he claims to sound even better than the A8000 and costs less than $500.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #175 of 817
His hearing is messed up these days :,-)
We believe that sound sometimes can be very subjective. Different people might have different preference of sound and it is totally fine.

Even though this is just a joke, but we highly encourage positive discussions and building a very friendly environment for open opinion sharing.
Music is for fun, not for war. :)

Apr 23, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #177 of 817
Apr 24, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #179 of 817
I do not think this link has been shared here yet, of the latest review of the A8000:
https://headfonics.com/2020/04/final-a8000-review/

I enjoyed the comparison to the Luna. Spoiler alert: A8000 rules.
Thanks for the link. Nice review. I don’t know if I agree with the statement that the A8000 doesn’t match well with clean daps though as I find my A8000 sounds very well with my AK2000ss.
I have just completed 250 hours of burn in on both of my A8000 and Luna and will share my thoughts on them soon.

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #180 of 817
Thanks for the link. Nice review. I don’t know if I agree with the statement that the A8000 doesn’t match well with clean daps though as I find my A8000 sounds very well with my AK2000ss.
I have just completed 250 hours of burn in on both of my A8000 and Luna and will share my thoughts on them soon.

I agree, I found this statement a bit dubious as well. A8000 sounds great with my Hugo2 - which I think is a clean DAC (and the review calls it warm). But besides the DAC confusion, I found it very accurate and it matches my impressions.

Very excited to hear more of your A8000 vs Luna comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back