Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Mar 10, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #106 of 817
The Fw10000 is more boomier, thicker sounding. They both have a big sound stage. A8000 is faster with more PRAT and more dynamic of the two. As for the treble, they have about the same brightness. I think the A8000 is definitely more transparent, clearer and cleaner. I find the A8000 brings me closer to the music without being clinical. The FW10000 bass is like the traditional DD bass, more subbass and bass foundation whereas the A8000 bass feels tighter, comes at you faster, very different feel between the two. I love the pairing with my SP2k/A8000. Feeling like I really can look much deeper into the music. It depends on the source, my description may not be as accurate if you listen with a phone. Good luck.

Thanks. I tried it with both connected to FiiO Q5 + THX amp, feed by iPhone over USB. The first thing that come to mind is slightly cleaner low end (thinner airier impact) and I thought I had bad seal. Will try to have another audition but doesn't look promising then. I'm looking for something opposite, more impact on lower end. Probably Dunu Luna next.

The same store have Erlkonig too but that's something I'm not willing to try lol

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #107 of 817
Based on the reviews I have read so far. Would anyone consider A8000 to be Andro OG with deeper (but fast) bass and better fit - both having great resolution, clarity, details and brighter treble (even though this DD vs BAs comparison)? Or am I way off?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #108 of 817
Mar 11, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #109 of 817
Based on the reviews I have read so far. Would anyone consider A8000 to be Andro OG with deeper (but fast) bass and better fit - both having great resolution, clarity, details and brighter treble (even though this DD vs BAs comparison)? Or am I way off?
I had the Android OG for over a year. What you said is only slightly true. By now I can hardly remember the bass on the Andro. You hear the bass on the Andro but feel the bass on the A8000. The bass on the A8000 will leave a more experiential memory on you. The comparison is not more or less, it is more like none versus more. Yes the A8000 wears better.

”Both having great resolution, clarity, details and brighter treble” Let me think how I should explain the difference. In some way on the surface it’s kind of true when you try to describe the strengths of each phone But if you have both in you hand and A/B them, they are very different. The Andro is more like passive listening whereas the A8000 is active listing. The A8000 will drag you into the music more with that definitive music presentation from each note. Even each individual note is more musical in that sense. They both have that ethereal quality. The A8000 is more intense whereas the Andro is easy. They are very different on my book.you should go to a meet and try them with your music, hope you find your mate.

Mar 11, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #110 of 817
Thanks. I tried it with both connected to FiiO Q5 + THX amp, feed by iPhone over USB. The first thing that come to mind is slightly cleaner low end (thinner airier impact) and I thought I had bad seal. Will try to have another audition but doesn't look promising then. I'm looking for something opposite, more impact on lower end. Probably Dunu Luna next.
yea you should try Luna but from what I read, Luna may have slightly more bass quantity wise but may not be that difference in terms of quality as they both are pure Beryllium. From what you describe the type of bass you want, you want more sub bass and mid bass impact. Have you tried CF Vega or Atlas, Legend X? Or even FW10000, or Jomo Triinity? If you want a big bass foundation from the sub bass region, you have to go to those iems, but then you will trade off sparkle and air from the top which I am not willing to give. Both Luna and A8000 have sufficient bass impact.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #111 of 817
I had the Android OG for over a year. What you said is only slightly true. By now I can hardly remember the bass on the Andro. You hear the bass on the Andro but feel the bass on the A8000. The bass on the A8000 will leave a more experiential memory on you. The comparison is not more or less, it is more like none versus more. Yes the A8000 wears better.

”Both having great resolution, clarity, details and brighter treble” Let me think how I should explain the difference. In some way on the surface it’s kind of true when you try to describe the strengths of each phone But if you have both in you hand and A/B them, they are very different. The Andro is more like passive listening whereas the A8000 is active listing. The A8000 will drag you into the music more with that definitive music presentation from each note. Even each individual note is more musical in that sense. They both have that ethereal quality. The A8000 is more intense whereas the Andro is easy. They are very different on my book.you should go to a meet and try them with your music, hope you find your mate.
I really do have to find a chance to give them a try! :) Thanks for the answer.

Mar 11, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #112 of 817
yea you should try Luna but from what I read, Luna may have slightly more bass quantity wise but may not be that difference in terms of quality as they both are pure Beryllium. From what you describe the type of bass you want, you want more sub bass and mid bass impact. Have you tried CF Vega or Atlas, Legend X? Or even FW10000, or Jomo Triinity? If you want a big bass foundation from the sub bass region, you have to go to those iems, but then you will trade off sparkle and air from the top which I am not willing to give. Both Luna and A8000 have sufficient bass impact.

I'm using FW10000 at the moment. Tried Vega and Atlas (very bad fit), don't like how both sound. Just too much sound pressure on lower end combined with elevated treble. Trinity I tried too but can't recall anything particular about it. A perfect sound signature for me is Solaris with even out mid and more treble extension in smaller package.

Mar 12, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #114 of 817
My dream is owning an IEM that I'm afford to lose/spoil any day of the week. Too rich for my blood to do that with Erlkonig.
Seems you already have more than you need. You just want to buy something new ? Obvious this iem is not one you would want to lose inorder to buy it again.

Mar 17, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #116 of 817
Seems you already have more than you need. You just want to buy something new ? Obvious this iem is not one you would want to lose inorder to buy it again.
In our hobby You can’t have more than You need)))

Mar 17, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #117 of 817
Mar 21, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #119 of 817
For anybody interested, I just posted my A8000 review here, soon to be shared on head-fi as well. Enjoy the read, including a detailed sound analysis, comparisons, and a ton of source pair up examples.

final_a8000-22.jpg

Mar 21, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #120 of 817
I went to the store yesterday to test the paring up of a8000 and n6ii e01. But ended up comparing luna and a8000 for quite some time , here i will share my thoughts for people who are interested in the result.

For any one who is interested in paring a8000 with e01, don’t e01 don’t have enough power to drive a8k, actually t01 barely drives it to an acceptable level.( compared to desktop performance)

A8000 driving by n8 is much better compared to any motherboard of n6ii, therefore i use n8 SE to compare luna and a8000.

With stock cable luna is easier to drive than a8000 i have to lower the volume by 15% to hear it, tonality wise luna is totally different, the imaging is bigger, much more grainy, and much less depth. Seems like luna is focused on resolution a little bit too much while losing a lot of presentations. Even though luna have a seemingly better resolution it does not retrieve any details that a8000 doesn’t have, it simply adds a grainy feeling to the sound makes it feel artificially sharpened.

I switch the cable fitting luna’s stock cable to a8000 and same to luna. Luna’s cable made a8000 sibilant and harsh, I think it’s a bad paring for both luna and a8000. On the other hand, a8000’s c106 improves luna’s over sharpening sound a bit, but couldn’t make it more pleasing to the ear.

In conclusion luna is made by a company specializing in making mid-fi iems, they probably tuned luna to sound very grainy to create a false impression of high resolution and hope it may impress those who only had their time with a midfi iem. Despite the benefits brings by BE driver, low distortion, density of sound. Luna still sounds like an iem. Not even a good one. But A8000 when driving properly is better than some full sized headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back