Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Mar 6, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #91 of 817
For me the Final E tips worked perfectly and the narrower nozzle in them help with taming the treble.

I agree with that, I have tried it with Sprit Dot ++. It was definitely brighter and sealed less well affecting the bottom end too.

Mar 6, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #93 of 817
Has anyone measured freq response? I will be very interested to see one :)
credit @Oscar-HiFi
Final_A8000.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #97 of 817
Matchy matchy is the goal.

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #98 of 817
That looks like the fake Sony MH755. Lol. Interesting thing is genuine Sony MH755 can had for like $5 on the market.

Anyway, I can see the ouchie of the upper freqs there. And this is beryllium? Peaks? Is this why we don't use it usually or is the driver not fabricated well for a smoother response? It seems DLC works better, at least based on what I've seen so far.

Final Audio. A hit or miss company. If you put out an expensive producf that look like this, it's a big miss that takes part in the reputation of the company.. I know thrir history. Tread with causion.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #99 of 817
Got a pair if A8K this week. First of all put Spiral Dot ++ on them, but then tried with that in box. And tips from final sounded better for me because they lower treble peaks.
This year Japanese rule in DD market: JVC, Final audio, Dita, Acoustune.

Mar 7, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #100 of 817
That looks like the fake Sony MH755. Lol. Interesting thing is genuine Sony MH755 can had for like $5 on the market.

Anyway, I can see the ouchie of the upper freqs there. And this is beryllium? Peaks? Is this why we don't use it usually or is the driver not fabricated well for a smoother response? It seems DLC works better, at least based on what I've seen so far.

Final Audio. A hit or miss company. If you put out an expensive producf that look like this, it's a big miss that takes part in the reputation of the company.. I know thrir history. Tread with causion.

I will never judge a phone by its frequency. DLC? I had two of them, CF Vegas and Atlas, great bass but that is all, so much so that you can even hear the bass anywhere from within the mid and treble range. Have you listened to the A8000? I own one for the past months. The treble is airy and sparkle and not too many phones can do that. Yes it is on the bright side but never sibilant to me. A8000 is musical, dynamic, fast, textural, great timbre, transparent, clear, clean, extremely quiet and black background, bass is tight, visceral, but only present when it is called for. I put the A8000 even higher than the Sony Z1R which I also have at present straightly bass on musicality and enjoyment.

Final Audio is one of the class act and finest company from Japan. They care about their products and will never just throw parts together (like many other products on the market) without doing research. I have used their product for over twelve years. The only iems that I still have from twelve years ago is their FIBASS, one of the best single BA driver iems on the market. Final has nothing to be ashame of in the A8000. They should be proud of being the first to release a pure Beryllium iems driver on the market. They constantly seek to lead in technology and innovation.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #101 of 817
Matchy matchy is the goal.

I measured a couple of times to try and get them matched perfectly, this was the best I could get. Remember with measurements that even a couple of mm difference in angle or insertion depth can cause these imbalances. It's a desktop measurement rig unlike Head-Fi's fancy one.

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #102 of 817
I measured a couple of times to try and get them matched perfectly, this was the best I could get. Remember with measurements that even a couple of mm difference in angle or insertion depth can cause these imbalances. It's a desktop measurement rig unlike Head-Fi's fancy one.
Matching the iem to a player.

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #104 of 817
I will never judge a phone by its frequency. DLC? I had two of them, CF Vegas and Atlas, great bass but that is all, so much so that you can even hear the bass anywhere from within the mid and treble range. Have you listened to the A8000? I own one for the past months. The treble is airy and sparkle and not too many phones can do that. Yes it is on the bright side but never sibilant to me. A8000 is musical, dynamic, fast, textural, great timbre, transparent, clear, clean, extremely quiet and black background, bass is tight, visceral, but only present when it is called for. I put the A8000 even higher than the Sony Z1R which I also have at present straightly bass on musicality and enjoyment.

Final Audio is one of the class act and finest company from Japan. They care about their products and will never just throw parts together (like many other products on the market) without doing research. I have used their product for over twelve years. The only iems that I still have from twelve years ago is their FIBASS, one of the best single BA driver iems on the market. Final has nothing to be ashame of in the A8000. They should be proud of being the first to release a pure Beryllium iems driver on the market. They constantly seek to lead in technology and innovation.

I see you have FW10000 too. How does these two compare? I tried briefly A8000 (like 10 mins only due to phone call) and can't really make out the strength/weakness based on that very short demo.

Mar 10, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #105 of 817
I see you have FW10000 too. How does these two compare? I tried briefly A8000 (like 10 mins only due to phone call) and can't really make out the strength/weakness based on that very short demo.
The Fw10000 is more boomier, thicker sounding. They both have a big sound stage. A8000 is faster with more PRAT and more dynamic of the two. As for the treble, they have about the same brightness. I think the A8000 is definitely more transparent, clearer and cleaner. I find the A8000 brings me closer to the music without being clinical. The FW10000 bass is like the traditional DD bass, more subbass and bass foundation whereas the A8000 bass feels tighter, comes at you faster, very different feel between the two. I love the pairing with my SP2k/A8000. Feeling like I really can look much deeper into the music. It depends on the source, my description may not be as accurate if you listen with a phone. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back