Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Oct 17, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #586 of 817
Im sticking to the stock stuff so can't offer much advice :/

off topic: how do you compare the A8000 to your susvara?
I think Susvara’s are better than the A8000 in every category. I think the bass on the A8000 is more pronounced.

Susvaras have wider soundstage, masterful timbre, highly detailed in a relaxed presentation. They feel very balanced and the treble is smooth.

I think the A8000 have more bass. They are similar in ways but Susvaras have an extra something. Susys sound ultra realistic. Now something potentially negative of the Susvaras are they are too laid back sometimes. They don’t sound like the setup that one can rock out on as much.

For now I’m liking the more forward nature of the A8000 for a more exciting listen.

Honestly I’ve just been listening to the A8000 lately for my specific use case and haven’t been giving the Susvaras attention. But when I do, I’m pleasantly suprised how good it sounds every time.

A8000 are great. They replaced the Aryas. I think they go blow for blow with the Aryas but A8000 is more realistic with better timbre but Aryas destroy them in the soundstage Dept.

Oct 17, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #588 of 817
Went through the search .... didnt find much on other tips people have used with success?

Any tips other than foam that are more comfortable than ear tips? I'm wondering folks who change the cable and tips for the A8000 if it actually improves sound ... seems like Final put a lot of effort on dialing everything in with its stock configuration .... not sure if cable/tips roll changes would mess the designers intention?

I found the Sony IER-Z1R tips to be ultra comfortable but not sure it will work with the A8000 due to having a smaller nozzle diameter.
Tried different Japanese cables (Brise & Rosenkranz.) Ended up buying the final audio c106 (4.4mm) termination. Other brand cables change the sound too much IMHO.

Oct 17, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #589 of 817
Oct 18, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #590 of 817
I think Susvara’s are better than the A8000 in every category. I think the bass on the A8000 is more pronounced.

Susvaras have wider soundstage, masterful timbre, highly detailed in a relaxed presentation. They feel very balanced and the treble is smooth.

I think the A8000 have more bass. They are similar in ways but Susvaras have an extra something. Susys sound ultra realistic. Now something potentially negative of the Susvaras are they are too laid back sometimes. They don’t sound like the setup that one can rock out on as much.

For now I’m liking the more forward nature of the A8000 for a more exciting listen.

Honestly I’ve just been listening to the A8000 lately for my specific use case and haven’t been giving the Susvaras attention. But when I do, I’m pleasantly suprised how good it sounds every time.

A8000 are great. They replaced the Aryas. I think they go blow for blow with the Aryas but A8000 is more realistic with better timbre but Aryas destroy them in the soundstage Dept.
Thanks! The susvara were the best headphone I have ever listened to. Everything felt so effortless.

Yeah, obviously they are different categories of audio. I was just curious to see what others thought. Personally, they are close enough in imaging to TOTL headphones that I can be at peace selling them. Obviously, headphones have the soundstage advantage.

I love how natural the A8000 sounds as well! I've also become a Final Audio fan boy after getting these so I can see myself getting the D8000 Pro in the future (or whatever new flagship they come up with).

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #591 of 817
Thanks! The susvara were the best headphone I have ever listened to. Everything felt so effortless.

Yeah, obviously they are different categories of audio. I was just curious to see what others thought. Personally, they are close enough in imaging to TOTL headphones that I can be at peace selling them. Obviously, headphones have the soundstage advantage.

I love how natural the A8000 sounds as well! I've also become a Final Audio fan boy after getting these so I can see myself getting the D8000 Pro in the future (or whatever new flagship they come up with).
I agree. Was impressed with the A8000 as well.

Oct 26, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #592 of 817
So I was cycling though all the Final E Tips and found the medium had the best treble. Found the 2 larger sizes to be more sibilant in nature. Seems like the best fit is key.

I’m still in search for a more comfy tip that won’t affect the sound too negatively. Any suggestions?

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #593 of 817
Anybody here who uses the A8000 with a Cayin C9 amp, in particular with its four flavors (SS, Nutube, AB, A)? Maybe also with the Cayin N6ii DAP (which modules), either stand-alone or including the C9? Thank you in advance for providing your experience.

I did a search for ”Cayin“ on this thread, but that didn‘t yield much.

EDIT: Additional question
How about SE versus Balanced, i.e. with the stock 3.5 mm C106 cable versus the extra 4.4 mm C106 cable?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #594 of 817
Hi, about single ended vs balanced, i rarely, if ever heard any difference in terms of sound quality, of course balanced outputs are more powerful. it's kind of debatable if balanced output makes ay difference, there are too many variables in the audio chain, from recording to audio devices, then the human ears and perception, i don't have golden ears :)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #595 of 817
Hi, about single ended vs balanced, i rarely, if ever heard any difference in terms of sound quality, of course balanced outputs are more powerful. it's kind of debatable if balanced output makes ay difference, there are too many variables in the audio chain, from recording to audio devices, then the human ears and perception, i don't have golden ears :)
To my ears, it does sound different. We all hear differently. I just like the idea to have more power and bigger soundstage but again, YMMV.

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #596 of 817
Of course it's subjective but different, balanced and more powerful doesn't mean better sound quality, even if in theory balanced should mean cleaner signal than single ended. In practice, there are too many things changing the result, the quality of all have too really match, not only on paper. Many times it only means louder or it's marketing.

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #597 of 817
Anybody here who uses the A8000 with a Cayin C9 amp, in particular with its four flavors (SS, Nutube, AB, A)? Maybe also with the Cayin N6ii DAP (which modules), either stand-alone or including the C9? Thank you in advance for providing your experience.

How about SE versus Balanced, i.e. with the stock 3.5 mm C106 cable versus the extra 4.4 mm C106 cable?
Thank you all for contributing to my afterthought of SE vs. balanced.

But what about A8000 with C9? What about N6ii? I‘d like to hear about your experiences. Thanks again in advance.

Nov 4, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #598 of 817
Of course it's subjective but different, balanced and more powerful doesn't mean better sound quality, even if in theory balanced should mean cleaner signal than single ended. In practice, there are too many things changing the result, the quality of all have too really match, not only on paper. Many times it only means louder or it's marketing.
Yeah I agree with the marketing aspect. I think people put too much emphasis on DACs and AMPs in general to be honest. Unless it's a tube amp, I highly doubt many, if any, people can tell a difference between various delta-sigma amps (unless they are severely underpowered).

Nov 5, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #599 of 817

@lafeuill uses the C9.

On my side I must say that I'm still quite impressed by the A8000. My U12T are retiring slowly in the meantime.
I'm surprised to see how much the A8000 is an excellent all rounder. I would have thought that it'd be great for classical or acoustic music, but at the end of the day I just listen any kind of music with them.

Nov 5, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #600 of 817
Yeah I agree with the marketing aspect. I think people put too much emphasis on DACs and AMPs in general to be honest. Unless it's a tube amp, I highly doubt many, if any, people can tell a difference between various delta-sigma amps (unless they are severely underpowered).
Not sure I have a Chord TT2 and tried many Dac/Amps prior. I think there is a definate difference but its more subtle. More casual listeners will probabaly not notice a difference I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back