Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Nov 5, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #601 of 817
Not sure I have a Chord TT2 and tried many Dac/Amps prior. I think there is a definate difference but its more subtle. More casual listeners will probabaly not notice a difference I think.
Humans have very short echoic memory. This is due to us only being able to scan/assess the sound once before the memory is made. I don’t doubt that you believe there’s a difference between different dac/amps - placebo effect is extremely strong when it comes to devices that are thousands more than others.

In any case, this hobby is about enjoyment. If you enjoy researching and purchasing expensive dac/amps then all the power to you. Being a scientist and in medical school, I typically like to follow the evidence. Unfortunately/fortunately, the evidence shows that unless a dac/amp is poorly designed or underpowered for a specific headphone, you shouldn’t notice a difference.

Nov 5, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #602 of 817
@lafeuill uses the C9.

On my side I must say that I'm still quite impressed by the A8000. My U12T are retiring slowly in the meantime.
I'm surprised to see how much the A8000 is an excellent all rounder. I would have thought that it'd be great for classical or acoustic music, but at the end of the day I just listen any kind of music with them.
The A8000 is absolutely exceptional. I’ve come to prefer listening to it over full size headphones. I could just have this for the rest of my life and I would be satisfied to be honest.

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #603 of 817
Has anyone compared the a8000 to campfire andro / vega or maybe dunu zen?

Nov 11, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #604 of 817
Has anyone compared the a8000 to campfire andro / vega or maybe dunu zen?

I had the Zen which is a nice sounding set, in my view, however there is no comparison to the A8000 which is the king of transparency providing the listener many ah ha moments.

Nov 11, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #605 of 817
I dare to ask whether somebody did compare the final A8000 to the FiiO FD7. Similar technology in principle, one Be DD. What about the customary view that the A8000 might sound a bit bright to some, in comparison to the FD7?

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #606 of 817
I dare to ask whether somebody did compare the final A8000 to the FiiO FD7. Similar technology in principle, one Be DD. What about the customary view that the A8000 might sound a bit bright to some, in comparison to the FD7?
I’m quite treble sensitive and I’ve found no issues with the A8000. I’m not sure where that’s coming from to be honest.

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #607 of 817
I’m quite treble sensitive and I’ve found no issues with the A8000. I’m not sure where that’s coming from to be honest.
Well, in view of the fact that personal auditioning of IEMs in particular (the more so in the pandemic) and especially here in Germany is very difficult to arrange, the only resort is trying to read reviews (both from our community and ”professional“ writers) and form an opinion whom to trust to a certain extent. Most of them have a statement like ”audition before you buy“, which holds in any case, but seems important with the A8000.

So, thanks for reassuring me!

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #608 of 817
Well, in view of the fact that personal auditioning of IEMs in particular (the more so in the pandemic) and especially here in Germany is very difficult to arrange, the only resort is trying to read reviews (both from our community and ”professional“ writers) and form an opinion whom to trust to a certain extent. Most of them have a statement like ”audition before you buy“, which holds in any case, but seems important with the A8000.

So, thanks for reassuring me!
That’s fair. I’m coming from headphones like focal utopia, denon AH d9200 and Sony Z1R and I don’t listen to music past 80 db. It’s very natural sounding compared to the sharp treble of something like the denon.

Nov 11, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #609 of 817

My guess is those that complained of too much treble never fully burned in the A8000. final recommends 150 hours of play before the trebles fully settle, and this phenomenon is explained on its website under “aging.” Of course, there are some who have treble sensitivities as well.

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #610 of 817
I had the Zen which is a nice sounding set, in my view, however there is no comparison to the A8000 which is the king of transparency providing the listener many ah ha moments.
Thanks for your reply. I read a lot of tests a few days ago, but the opinions on the amount of bass and loudness are not clear.

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #611 of 817
Thanks for your reply. I read a lot of tests a few days ago, but the opinions on the amount of bass and loudness are not clear.

The sub-bass on the A8000 has greater presence than the mid-bass. I find this tuning acceptable because there is zero bass bleed in the mids which contributes to its clarity. Loudness (volume?) is not an issue as long as you have a source with some power, the A8000 is on the lower end of sensitivity compared to other iems.

Nov 16, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #612 of 817
The sub-bass on the A8000 has greater presence than the mid-bass. I find this tuning acceptable because there is zero bass bleed in the mids which contributes to its clarity. Loudness (volume?) is not an issue as long as you have a source with some power, the A8000 is on the lower end of sensitivity compared to other iems.
Sorry, I wrote wrong. "treble sometimes too loud"...this is written in a few reviews.
I know it's all a matter of individual preference. But at the moment I can't try it before buying, so only the forums and review remain

Nov 16, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #613 of 817
Sorry, I wrote wrong. "treble sometimes too loud"...this is written in a few reviews.
I know it's all a matter of individual preference. But at the moment I can't try it before buying, so only the forums and review remain

Understand. Keep an eye on the classifieds since used A8000s pop up every so often. Regarding the trebles, I don’t find them to be bothersome at all, but I get it some do. I’ve mentioned before some are quick to make a judgement without giving the A8000 the 150 minimum hours it needs to fully settle. This is final’s recommendation as well.

Good luck on whatever you decide to go with. ✌️

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #614 of 817
Understand. Keep an eye on the classifieds since used A8000s pop up every so often. Regarding the trebles, I don’t find them to be bothersome at all, but I get it some do. I’ve mentioned before some are quick to make a judgement without giving the A8000 the 150 minimum hours it needs to fully settle. This is final’s recommendation as well.

Good luck on whatever you decide to go with. ✌️
To add on @kutya, the stock cable is SPC which may contribute to the trebles. If you switched to a fully copper cable, the trebles won‘t be so prominent. In fact that drives some others crazy. :)

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #615 of 817
The A8000 is absolutely exceptional. I’ve come to prefer listening to it over full size headphones. I could just have this for the rest of my life and I would be satisfied to be honest.
I ended up selling thr U12T after listening to the Luna! Also had the D9200 and sold that too, the lushness in vocals and technicalities of pure beriliyum drivers is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back