FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #466 of 903
II think it auto-shutdowns. I was using it for two days plugged to laptop as DAC with "Charge" switched OFF and it just turned off when ran out of energy. I think it has some circuit to save li-ion battery life (over-discharge protection as well as over-charge protection).

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #467 of 903
Just came in! Used to drive my over ears like HD449 and Klipsch M40 Mode but it also works great with FLAC, low gain, and an Iem like Fidue A73 :) I hope to try it with the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1, if my small student wallet can bite the bullet and pull the trigger. I think the small bass boost on the Q1 would work great with it.
Biggest difference so far is clarity in vocals and of course it drives my over ears much better than the phone. Great price. More to come as I spend more time with it.

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #468 of 903
Hi guys

Any Malaysian fellow here got the micro usb to micro usb cable for Q1+android working? I scoured Lowyat Plaza for 3 hour from bottom to top but can't find it. I don't really fancy otg + micro usb combo. My last resort is either buying from overseas online which include hefty shipping cost, or to diy/ rewire the usb cable myself.

Please help.

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #469 of 903
Hi guys

Any Malaysian fellow here got the micro usb to micro usb cable for Q1+android working? I scoured Lowyat Plaza for 3 hour from bottom to top but can't find it. I don't really fancy otg + micro usb combo. My last resort is either buying from overseas online which include hefty shipping cost, or to diy/ rewire the usb cable myself.

Please help.

You don't need fancy cable nor an expensive one for Q1 to works with Android. I use this US$6 cable from eBay and it works perfectly fine, that's about MYR$25 with shipping included. Actually quite a few HFer here also use the same eBayer's cable. You can also find same cable of different length if you search his offering.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #470 of 903
You don't need fancy cable nor an expensive one for Q1 to works with Android. I use this US$6 cable from eBay and it works perfectly fine, that's about MYR$25 with shipping included. Actually quite a few HFer here also use the same eBayer's cable. You can also find same cable of different length if you search his offering.
Haha it's funny that I planned to PM you for help. Yes I did place the same cable in my cart.but haven't paid yet. I just want simple cable instead of pairing bulky longer cable I wish I could find cable here in Malaysia so I could use it straight away. Instead of waiting for 2 weeks delivery. Which posed hefty shipping fee for faster delivery (aliexpress / jdslab).

Guess I'll just pull the trigger on the one you suggested. While waiting I might try the rewiring microusb and experiments.

Btw I saw you conversing with someone at LMUE booth at canjam sg but don't have the chance to butt in to say hi. :)

Edit

anybody tried using this? if its good i might grab one to test with my iPhone 5
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Genuine-Original-Lightning-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-for-Apple-iPhone5-5s-6-Pad-Air-/161980363814?hash=item25b6c83426:g:fqwAAOSw3ydVozP-

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #471 of 903
Hello all, I want to power up my Beyerdynamic dt770 80 ohm headphones, do you think there is too much difference btw fiio e07k and q1? As I read q1 is the new version but does it offer too much that e07k can not? I am waiting for your comments.

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #472 of 903
I bought this amp after much research. This is my first Amp and got it quite cheap.
- It has good looks
- Wonderful warm and clean sound
- Works as a Computer USB Sound card (DAC) and for portable devices like Music players, phones and the like.

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #473 of 903
  I bought this amp after much research. This is my first Amp and got it quite cheap.
- It has good looks
- Wonderful warm and clean sound
- Works as a Computer USB Sound card (DAC) and for portable devices like Music players, phones and the like.

yeah same with me Q1 multi role function and convenience won over me.  

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #474 of 903
Haha it's funny that I planned to PM you for help. Yes I did place the same cable in my cart.but haven't paid yet. I just want simple cable instead of pairing bulky longer cable I wish I could find cable here in Malaysia so I could use it straight away. Instead of waiting for 2 weeks delivery. Which posed hefty shipping fee for faster delivery (aliexpress / jdslab).

Guess I'll just pull the trigger on the one you suggested. While waiting I might try the rewiring microusb and experiments.

Btw I saw you conversing with someone at LMUE booth at canjam sg but don't have the chance to butt in to say hi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit

anybody tried using this? if its good i might grab one to test with my iPhone 5
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Genuine-Original-Lightning-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-for-Apple-iPhone5-5s-6-Pad-Air-/161980363814?hash=item25b6c83426:g:fqwAAOSw3ydVozP-

This won't give you a direct digital output from your Apple device to your Q1. What you need is this

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

Part number is MD821AM/A and this is a very cheap price for this at the moment.

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #476 of 903

This won't give you a direct digital output from your Apple device to your Q1. What you need is this

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

Part number is MD821AM/A and this is a very cheap price for this at the moment.

thank you for the info 
  Totally! Bordering Narcissism, I must say we are two very smart dudes 
o2smile.gif

beerchug.gif

I'll drink to that 
beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #477 of 903
At the point I decided to buy a Fiio Q1, I saw Fiio K1, which is more portable and cheaper. Do you guys have any experience on this also? Which one is the one to go for? Thanks in advance for your support.

Feb 27, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #478 of 903
At the point I decided to buy a Fiio Q1, I saw Fiio K1, which is more portable and cheaper. Do you guys have any experience on this also? Which one is the one to go for? Thanks in advance for your support.

It can be only used as USB DAC with laptop and propably with compatible smartphones supporting USB OTG - it has no analog input nor battery. Also it has only 75mW power (Q1 - 190mW).
Personally, I would go with Q1, but it depends on what you really need.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #479 of 903
It can be only used as USB DAC with laptop and propably with compatible smartphones supporting USB OTG - it has no analog input nor battery. Also it has only 75mW power (Q1 - 190mW).
Personally, I would go with Q1, but it depends on what you really need.
Exactly why I chose Q1. You may be sacrifising some portability(and some $), but I find the trade offs more than worth it. And the Q1 isn't as big as the photos look either which is good for portable users.

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #480 of 903
Just thought I'd chime in with my impressions of this amp/dac.

I've been using it this past week with my DT-1770's and I've found the pairing to be excellent. Granted I haven't another amp at the moment to compare it to.

For the money it's quite amazing IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back