FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Feb 2, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #439 of 903
  idk if this been asked or not, but how to know your Q1 need charging and how to know it's full when charging?

Check the lights

Red: Off and charging
Red and blue: On and charging
Green: fully charged (off or on)
Blue: On and not charging
Flashing red: low power

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #440 of 903
Anyone know if the short connector cable that comes with the Q1is available for sale separately? I have a few other FiiO connectors but I really like the short length of the one with the Q1. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers. 

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #441 of 903
  Anyone know if the short connector cable that comes with the Q1is available for sale separately? I have a few other FiiO connectors but I really like the short length of the one with the Q1. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers. 

The question has come up a few times along the way. Currently the answer is no. At least not publically. You may call them to ask if you can order direct. Otherwise you may just be out of luck for now.

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #443 of 903
Does it work with iPhone 6 via CCK and no power comsumption alert?

All you do is turn the Q1 toggle from charge on to charge off.  Its then pulling no power.  Works perfect with the iPhone 5S

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #444 of 903
Does it work with iPhone 6 via CCK and no power comsumption alert?

Yes

I have an iPhone 6 and connected it quite easily to the Q1 via lightning cck. It was only when I turned on the Charge switch that the warning came up as the previous poster has mentioned.

Make sure you get the latest version of the the cck which is MD821ZM/A. There is a slightly older version and I'm not sure if it works.

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #445 of 903
Yes

I have an iPhone 6 and connected it quite easily to the Q1 via lightning cck. It was only when I turned on the Charge switch that the warning came up as the previous poster has mentioned.

Make sure you get the latest version of the the cck which is MD821ZM/A. There is a slightly older version and I'm not sure if it works.
Why are they different and how so?

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #447 of 903
Can't tell you vs the iPhone 6, but I noticed a change (for the better IMO) with the 5S.  I really quite like the combo.

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #449 of 903
Both have been reported to successfully work in the past but if you've yet to buy one then might as well go with the most recent reports because those definitely work with the latest equipment using the latest iOS. 

BTW, MD821ZM/A is the OLD model, not the latest one.  MD821AM/A is the newest model of the lightning to usb CCK. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #450 of 903
Hey guys just curious.

When you're using any USB DAC with a computer (Win OS) are you setting the sample rate or just plugging and playing?

I recall reading you should match the sample rate of the audio device in Windows to the source.

I'm using my Q1 with my work laptop playing a mix of MP3s, AAC, FLAC, etc., in varying sample rates and bit rates, using foobar2000 v1.3.9

Spanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back