FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Nov 8, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #496 of 732
-Headphone(s) you possess: - Fiio EX1, Shure 215, AKG K420, Sony BTH60 and a few more.

-DAP(s) you possess: -  AK100, Meizu M2

-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any): - EX1, E18 Kunlun, A3(E11K)

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted: None

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Hong Kong

-Your native language, followed by any other languages you can write in English

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #497 of 732
For me, the possibility to instal Tidal, through google store or not, will make my decision to buy the X7 or not.
I already have the Cayin N6, iBasso DX90, QLS QA360 and Fiio X5-2

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #499 of 732
Figured my knowledge may help others when playing around with the APK's... Use these instructions to download APK's/OBB files from google play. *NOTE* This will not work with paid applications, however, applications such as spotify and Tidal can be downloaded safely straight from the store.

Method 1: Browser Plugin APK Downloader

Pros:
You will get all files needed to install app (APK and OBBs)

Cons:
You must have some Android device to obtain Device ID needed
You muset have Google account

1. Install APK downloader plugin for Firefox or Chrome
2. Install this app from Google Play to some Android device and get Device ID
3. Enter this Device ID to options of APK Downloader plugin with other details (your Google account, Android version 4.4.4, ...)
4. Go to Google play and search for some app. In detail page there should be Download button near by Install button

Method 2: Online APK Downloader

Pros:
You don't need any program or plugin installed

Cons:
You will not get OBBS files when app has some
Some APK can't be downloaded this way

1. Go to this site
2. Search for app by name
3. Click on download link and that's it

*Instructions obtained and provided via Androidonwm.com

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #503 of 732
DAP companies will state 9 hrs but does that mean turning dap on and not touching it for 9 hrs? Cause I view what song is playing and rewind and change volume etc.

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #504 of 732
  How is the battery life?

Review here

BATTERY LIFE  
Fiio states that a full charge will take around 4 hours, and the battery should be good for 9 hours playtime. To test this, I drained the battery, and then using an iPhone charger and wall-wart I plugged the X7 and carefully monitored it. Charging actually took 3 hr 45 minutes to a full 100%, so pretty consistent with Fiio’s advice.

For playback, I switched to Pure Music mode, set the X7 on continuous play, low gain, at 50 volume with my 50 ohm q-Jays, and achieved 8 hours and 40 minutes before shut-down. So slightly short of the 9 hours, but again consistent with their suggested life.

I’d ideally like to get over that magic 10 hour mark – but for me the 8-9 hours is more than sufficient for a day’s playing.

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #505 of 732
Got the X7 in.

It seems like after every generation, FiiO just continuously without fail knocks the socks off of me. Seriously the unexpected always becomes reality.

I've been using it for about an hour and while it is amazing, the GUI and software still needs a bit of work. Crashes, FiiO Music app UI, and other Android stuff are still a bit silly to work with at times.

Since this is a music player first, I would encourage work on the FiiO Music app. right now, it's too cluttered and has a heavy-to-light configuration as opposed to Apple's light config. Explaining this would be that the Player has too many menus, sub menus, options, + bar here, music settings icon top right, and search in the right followed by a large playing icon in the bottom. Yes, some parts are customizeable, but the early user experience when it just 'works' is something Apple is famous for and is, in my opinion, something FiiO could try.

There is a slight issue with screen refresh where you can see some of its cycles at full brightness at times :/ 

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #506 of 732
What's the maximum capacity this player can have? From the specs it seems to have 32GB built in and one can add another 128GB. Is this true? Somehow I feel disappointed because many people love lossless and the total file size of their music can be easily over 160GB. If X5 II can have two 128GB why can't X7 have at least same capacity? Nowadays the flash drive is no longer expensive and they can use large size, too.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #507 of 732
Would be interesting to hear if anyone has tried the new 200gb cards yet.  I'm sure they haven't since the cards are expensive, but that would definitely be my plan.  With the 200gb card I think I would be good. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #508 of 732
What's the maximum capacity this player can have? From the specs it seems to have 32GB built in and one can add another 128GB. Is this true? Somehow I feel disappointed because many people love lossless and the total file size of their music can be easily over 160GB. If X5 II can have two 128GB why can't X7 have at least same capacity? Nowadays the flash drive is no longer expensive and they can use large size, too.

The information is buried in the thread but FiiO has said the reason for one card slot is the amount of connections to the chip. It was two card slots or WiFi capability.... They chose WiFi. It is what it is. I see no reason why the X7 won't support 200gb cards, or higher in the future when they are released.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #509 of 732
Got the X7 in.

It seems like after every generation, FiiO just continuously without fail knocks the socks off of me. Seriously the unexpected always becomes reality.

I've been using it for about an hour and while it is amazing, the GUI and software still needs a bit of work. Crashes, FiiO Music app UI, and other Android stuff are still a bit silly to work with at times.

Since this is a music player first, I would encourage work on the FiiO Music app. right now, it's too cluttered and has a heavy-to-light configuration as opposed to Apple's light config. Explaining this would be that the Player has too many menus, sub menus, options, + bar here, music settings icon top right, and search in the right followed by a large playing icon in the bottom. Yes, some parts are customizeable, but the early user experience when it just 'works' is something Apple is famous for and is, in my opinion, something FiiO could try.

There is a slight issue with screen refresh where you can see some of its cycles at full brightness at times :/ 

I agree 100%. I think FiiO is trying to be too many things for too many people and there's a downside to that with the interface.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #510 of 732

32GB Internal (27GB effective) and up to 128GB micro SD.

If X5 II can have two 128GB why can't X7 have at least same capacity?

Because it is hard to do stuff like this when you get to a level of an Android player.

In terms of hardware, adding another port, size, cost, and design.

In terms of software, there is software recognition, and also design. There are barely any 160GB+ Android devices on the market. They may have hit a wall in terms of knowledge to design/implement something that has 280GB's total with few resources? 

Who knows. Either way, there are limitations and based off their constraints and critera, they went with this.

If it doesn't work for you and you don't like that it doesn't have 280GB...then simply don't buy it and use dual micro SD units. Engineering such a thing is very hard and every little addition you may think is just 'drop another slot in' adds a very noticeable increase to work.

Nowadays the flash drive is no longer expensive and they can use large size, too.

Not expensive doesn't mean easy to implement.

An example of this is to think of vehicle (car) dashboards in recent years. Most of them suck and most are designed by multi-billion dollar companies.

They have insane resources blah blah.....but LCD's, touchscreens, storage is cheap. Why can't they just drop X, Y, Z? Because engineering is hard. Dreams are easy

Support what you want with your wallet. Plain as that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back