FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Feb 21, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #6,136 of 6,207
I took the suggestion of corresponding with support - not surprising, "it seems to be a hardware issue".

Meanwhile, after seeing photos on the internet of another X7ii powered up without the amp module attached, I decided to try that, connecting the jack up top to my amplifier. This time I was surprised - it sounds OK! Maybe not as good as I’m used to via the AM3A module, but pretty close and certainly not horribly distorted like it has been.

So now it's a question of whether the hardware problem is likely to be within the AM3A module itself versus the circuitry within the x7ii that connects to it? I've posed that question to support and am waiting for a response. I don't suppose there's anyone here that is in or near Calgary (Canada) who would be willing to let me try their amp module on my x7ii body (or better yet, one they would like to sell because they've upgraded)? I'm a bit reluctant to gamble on ordering a replacement AM3A without having any sense of whether it will solve this problem.

Jun 2, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #6,138 of 6,207
I would definitely buy type C AM3D. Last night my X7ii with AM3D got stolen !!
I got a complete one with all the modules for sale, and all the boxes. Pm if interested.

Jun 16, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #6,139 of 6,207
Just wondering anyone manage to run the latest version of apple music on it? Version 2.5.0 works fine but the latest play store version and beta doesn't work for me.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #6,141 of 6,207
Jul 2, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #6,142 of 6,207
Unfortunately, when I loaded it, it wouldn’t work without Google Play Services. I downloaded what I believe is the latest version of Play Services for Android 5.0 and it seems to crash non-stop. Any other recommendations?

Jul 2, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #6,145 of 6,207
I don’t think so. Should I set that up in the Accounts section of settings menu?
Yes, I would check your Google account in Account settings and see if you're still signed in and then sign in if not. That should give you normal access to Google Services and Play Store. I know every time I reset my X5III I have to re-establish that. In my case not from account settings like you would do; it just comes up on the screen automatically since I had reset everything. I guess you could try a total reset if all else fails.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #6,146 of 6,207
I reset the device to factory settings and tried to side load the Play Store which requires 3 add'l apps (Google login, Play Services & Framework) but I keep getting an error over and over again saying "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped". I tried to download the files that are congruent with the architecture and Android version but no luck.
Is there a way to download Google Play store from another App Store?

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #6,147 of 6,207
I reset the device to factory settings and tried to side load the Play Store which requires 3 add'l apps (Google login, Play Services & Framework) but I keep getting an error over and over again saying "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped". I tried to download the files that are congruent with the architecture and Android version but no luck.
Is there a way to download Google Play store from another App Store?
Just curious, since you reset to factory wasn't there a Google Play Services and Google Play Store already installed? That's the case with my X5III.

Jul 2, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #6,148 of 6,207
Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #6,150 of 6,207
Thanks. I still haven’t had much luck with Play Store however I was able to side load many of the apps I use (ie. Qobuz & Tidal).

I would suggest reloading the firmware. This is the version you should use, which has the updated 4G userdata partition:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...nd-wifi-opt-out.854353/page-384#post-14972752

Then perform any OTAs that are offered up to 1.1.0 version (or update manually from here: https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202105171716462723330&tid=19).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back