FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 12, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #5,551 of 6,207
I have a bit more time today to hopefully rectify this... Where is the best place to find the roll back instructions? and also what version is the actual original player? As even the last was glitchy and unresponsive am I correct that it is 1.06?

And lastly a question to @FiiO how likely and soon is it that another update will come that will possibly rectify this as I'm not the only one to report this problem, if likely soon then I will just live with folder play until .. I will also send error logs over the next few days

Dear friend,

Please send your log files to us for check. Are there any CUE in your music files?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 12, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #5,552 of 6,207
@FiiO No there aren't any cue files that I am aware of and I sent error log 2 days ago ... Here is a picture of errors
IMG_20190310_095547.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #5,553 of 6,207
Mar 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #5,554 of 6,207
OK I'm going to downgrade to 1.06 as I have had enough ... Can anyone tell me is it just a case of using the 1.06 firmware upgrade tool to downgrade i.e it will just downgrade instead of upgrade to 1.06?

Mar 12, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #5,555 of 6,207
OK I reverted back to 1.06 anyway with the upgrade tool and scanned 400gb card .. No issues what so ever as you can see
IMG_20190312_175402.jpg
So nothing wrong with your cards guys or your hardware it is the new firmware if any of you are experiencing the same issues .... Until FiiO are 100 percent certain that this bug is NOT affecting anymore than I will not be upgrading any of there firmware ... Too buggy.
I will manually upgrade to 1.07 as if you guys can confirm it doesn't have the new player on it????

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #5,556 of 6,207
OK I reverted back to 1.06 anyway with the upgrade tool and scanned 400gb card .. No issues what so ever as you can see

So nothing wrong with your cards guys or your hardware it is the new firmware if any of you are experiencing the same issues .... Until FiiO are 100 percent certain that this bug is NOT affecting anymore than I will not be upgrading any of there firmware ... Too buggy.
I will manually upgrade to 1.07 as if you guys can confirm it doesn't have the new player on it????
I too reverted to 1.06 and not even a single crash. I am going to stay with it as long as the new firmware is stable enough.

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #5,557 of 6,207
OK I just manually installed 1.07 but it did have the new player my mistake .. It did do a complete scan sort of I.e no crash but it only scanned 6000 ish songs where as 1.06 scanned 6100 ish and 1.08 just crashes every time looks like 1.06 for me just re done and scanning,

Edit .... All done and much better, smooth responsive and scanning.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #5,558 of 6,207
OK I just manually installed 1.07 but it did have the new player my mistake .. It did do a complete scan sort of I.e no crash but it only scanned 6000 ish songs where as 1.06 scanned 6100 ish and 1.08 just crashes every time looks like 1.06 for me just re done and scanning,

Edit .... All done and much better, smooth responsive and scanning.

Great you are sorted at last:smile_phones:

How many other x7ii users are having issues above 1.07? Fiio are you working on this if there are more users?

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #5,559 of 6,207
Great you are sorted at last:smile_phones:

How many other x7ii users are having issues above 1.07? Fiio are you working on this if there are more users?

Thanks ... And totally agree FiiO Need to be sorting this as the new firmware is awful .. Also by going back you notice how much more smooth and responsive 1.06 is compared to 1.07 and 1.08 and it will take a lot of convincing of stability for me to update to this new firmware in a hurry.

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #5,561 of 6,207
I had the scanning issue with 1.08 as well due to a a certain folder (probably very large foldername). That same folder was scanned without issues in 1.07.
It's a pitty for people with big issues as above, because, I have to say it, soundwise I love the X7II and I'm using and enjoying it every day. I hope the M11 will match this quality....

Mar 13, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #5,562 of 6,207
soundwise I love the X7II and I'm using and enjoying it every day

Couldn't agree more ... The actual player is fantastic and totally meets my needs, I have considered Hiby r6 Pro and dx200 recently and possibly dx220 when released but the x7ii has 2 slots, quick charge optical out, volume limiter.. .. I have listened to dx200 and yep its great but the FiiO is not night and day behind if at all in my opinion but it was a brief listen .. If they could start realising that firmware is just as important and customers are starting to get frustrated. I have owned x3 x5ii x7 and now x7ii but I'm in two minds to purchase anymore daps from FiiO as the android x7 and x7ii have Both been quite unstable at times nearly to the point of giving up.

Mar 13, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #5,563 of 6,207
That's the strange thing about the Fiio players, some users experience a lot of problems while I haven't had any major issues so far (probably I'm f..d right now...:)). Maybe because I use it just to listen to music with wired monitors.
Besides that Fiio has credit with me, because they are very present in these forums and they have listened to their users when it comes to options for their players. Anyway, I hope for them too, they will get the firmware things in order.

Mar 13, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #5,564 of 6,207
That's the strange thing about the Fiio players, some users experience a lot of problems while I haven't had any major issues so far (probably I'm f..d right now...:)). Maybe because I use it just to listen to music with wired monitors.
Besides that Fiio has credit with me, because they are very present in these forums and they have listened to their users when it comes to options for their players. Anyway, I hope for them too, they will get the firmware things in order.

True. And I agree with @majo123, its the sound quality and features that save X7 mk2. But it has been a bit tiring for all the X7 mk2 owners that have been with them since the beginning with X7 1st to deal with these "restarts and do all over again firmwares". Issues with scanning cards, almost exclusive to FiiO music app, I hear it for years, as an example. Saying this I must say my X7 mk2 is pretty stable since 1.08. The functions that were crashing my FiiO app after fw upgrade got solved with a database reset, cleanup of folders and rescan. But fw still has issues with some of the basic functions like pause/resume which for me are very annoying.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #5,565 of 6,207
One thing I should of mentioned about 1.08 was that when installing from 1.07 all my tracks/files were all ready scanned so 1.08 was working fine with all tracks/files, it only happened when I had decided to edit my library and take off some unwanted stuff on my laptop then put back in and no stable rescan ... Makes me wonder how many library's are scanned from the old 1.07 and how many others would fail if they tried to rescan? Maybe a lot more possible failures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back