FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 15, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #4,142 of 6,207
Is there any way to use 3rd party eq apps on the X7ii? When I set eq's on 3rd party apps it does nothing to the sound, and Fiio says it's supposed to be like that. Is there any way to make 3rd party apps work, like rooting or something?
I'd like to be able to use eq while streaming Tidal and Spotify.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #4,143 of 6,207
In my view, FiiO have missed a trick with the AM3B module. They would have been far better in basing it on the AM5, with the option of a 4mm Pentacon and 2.5mm balanced option.
For me I just want a module with balance 2.5mm lineout and they sell cable converting 2.5mm to XLR or 2.5mm to 2.5mm so I can pair it with some balance amplifier. I think many people want this this option

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #4,144 of 6,207
If you wanted to try a different music player, paid or free, which one would you choose.

I tried Hiby yesterday and quite liked it, especially the EQ doesn't drop the volume, or at least can be adjusted not to do so, but I understand it can't handle higher quality files like 24/192 without downsampling?

Mar 16, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #4,145 of 6,207
IIRC, the iBasso DX80 has dual microSD slots and an optical out. It goes for about 350€ here in Europe.

Using an X7MkII as a transport only would be a massive waste IMO.

Thanks ... I ordered a DX80 yesterday for just under $300 ... I was worried about quality of this model after reading the reviews. Hopefully it will work out ... If not this other new model also has the features I was looking for 'thebit opus#1s'

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #4,146 of 6,207
Hi, my music is mostly FLAC 44khz, some few hi-res tracks. I didn't test if the problem happens with music stored only on cards or in memory but I think it doesn't relate to that, judging by the behaviour, that is:
Ps: Sorry the long post but just to get it as clear as I can

Power-On
Pure music mode, wifi off, bt off
Select album playlists
open an album

take 1:
I choose one track (tipically 1st) and press PLAY/PAUSE button -> it starts playing correctly
... After some time playing, whatever is the current track, screen is off...

I press PAUSE
What should happen -> Music should be paused
What happens -> Music pauses for less than a second and then keeps playing
Action required to correct -> Press PAUSE AGAIN to pause the music

Please note: The screen was always off in this process

Take 2:
Moments later, sometimes minutes, I decide to resume playing so I press the PLAY/PAUSE button -> it resumes correctly
... After some time playing, screen is off

I press PAUSE
What should happen -> Music should be paused
What happens -> Music pauses CORRECTLY

Please note: After this 2nd take, if I repeat the process it always work fine, no more problems, the problem only happens after a reboot so you may start from there. And btw @FiiO, this doesn't make me like less my beloved X7, its just a minor minor usability bug (IMHO) - Keep on the good work!

My 2 cents
Dear friend,

Thanks for the detailed information. Not sure why I failed to reproduce it still. Will inform our engineers about that and ask them to have more test about that.
Feel confused:I choose one track (tipically 1st) and press PLAY/PAUSE button -> it starts playing correctly
After selecting the track, you would need to press the play button to start the play? Or I don't understand correctly? Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 17, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #4,148 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Thanks for the detailed information. Not sure why I failed to reproduce it still. Will inform our engineers about that and ask them to have more test about that.
Feel confused:I choose one track (tipically 1st) and press PLAY/PAUSE button -> it starts playing correctly
After selecting the track, you would need to press the play button to start the play? Or I don't understand correctly? Thanks in advanced!

Best regards
Not sure you're understanding correctly .Start playing music for a bit then push pause once, does it keep playing of did it pause.

Mar 17, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #4,149 of 6,207
Dear FiiO. Play some music. Turn the screen off. Press the pause button. The music will stop for about half a second and then carry on. Thereafter it works perfectly until you reboot. It couldn't be simpler, really.

Mar 18, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #4,150 of 6,207
If you wanted to try a different music player, paid or free, which one would you choose.

I tried Hiby yesterday and quite liked it, especially the EQ doesn't drop the volume, or at least can be adjusted not to do so, but I understand it can't handle higher quality files like 24/192 without downsampling?

I am using foobar mobile as it has crossfeed among other dsp effects and it works fine and sounds as good as fiiomusic on my fiio x7

Mar 19, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #4,152 of 6,207
Mar 19, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #4,154 of 6,207
Is there any way to use 3rd party eq apps on the X7ii? When I set eq's on 3rd party apps it does nothing to the sound, and Fiio says it's supposed to be like that. Is there any way to make 3rd party apps work, like rooting or something?
I'd like to be able to use eq while streaming Tidal and Spotify.

Same question here. Tried so many equalizer apps, but none works.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #4,155 of 6,207
I just bought the AM0 hoping to get better life since I mainly use my X7ii with my Hugo 2 now.

On another thought: Sometimes I even wonder if the X7 is overkill for this job and an X5iii would work or even lesser unit with optical out.
That's interesting. Have you noticed any increase in battery life with the X7ii's amp module not having to drive anything, or would you need to purchase an am0 for that?

What changes in the should have you noticed?

Not noticed anything I must admit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back