FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #4,130 of 6,207
Hello, is there a way to restore google play without flashing the firmware again?
I believe you have to reset to factory settings then reinstall the latest firmware update OTA.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #4,131 of 6,207
I disabled them and was not able to re-enable. Tried uninstall updates but it deleted the whole thing.

Yes, still the same
I believe you have the use the FW upgrade tool provided by Fiio and reflash the FW to get Play services back.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #4,132 of 6,207
My review on FiiO F9Pro is live now! It also has a lot of photos of X7mkii + F9Pro :)

F9Pro really hits a sweet spot with me, and all at an amazingly friendly price tag :)

Great work on FiiO's side with them!

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/03/fiio-f9-pro-harder-better-faster-fiio.html

Audiophile-Heaven-FiiO-F9Pro-Review-25.jpg

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #4,133 of 6,207
Thank you all for the help, you really need to do a factory reset and reinstall the firmware again to make ggplay available.
Note: you don't need to tick on the checkbox during factory reset to erase everything to make this work.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #4,134 of 6,207
Hi @FiiO, this seems a bit confusing for me, maybe its not the same I've posted a while ago so let me resume:
When I'm listening to music, screen is off and I want to make a pause - I press "Pause" - X7 pauses the music for 1 second and then continues playing... This is not normal, it should pause the music whatever the screen is on or off

But... !!! ... if I resume playing again and pause it 10 minutes later in the same absolute conditions (playing, screen off), it behaves normal, it pauses correctly.

My 2 cents
Dear friend,

Maybe do you have more information? Would the issue you mentioned related to format, card or other certain operation? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 15, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #4,135 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Maybe do you have more information? Would the issue you mentioned related to format, card or other certain operation? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

With me. it was FLAC files of different resolutions. It happened on both card slots on the first pause attempt and thereafter was fine, until I rebooted.

Mar 15, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #4,136 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Best regards

Hi, my music is mostly FLAC 44khz, some few hi-res tracks. I didn't test if the problem happens with music stored only on cards or in memory but I think it doesn't relate to that, judging by the behaviour, that is:
Ps: Sorry the long post but just to get it as clear as I can

Power-On
Pure music mode, wifi off, bt off
Select album playlists
open an album

take 1:
I choose one track (tipically 1st) and press PLAY/PAUSE button -> it starts playing correctly
... After some time playing, whatever is the current track, screen is off...

I press PAUSE
What should happen -> Music should be paused
What happens -> Music pauses for less than a second and then keeps playing
Action required to correct -> Press PAUSE AGAIN to pause the music

Please note: The screen was always off in this process

Take 2:
Moments later, sometimes minutes, I decide to resume playing so I press the PLAY/PAUSE button -> it resumes correctly
... After some time playing, screen is off

I press PAUSE
What should happen -> Music should be paused
What happens -> Music pauses CORRECTLY

Please note: After this 2nd take, if I repeat the process it always work fine, no more problems, the problem only happens after a reboot so you may start from there. And btw @FiiO, this doesn't make me like less my beloved X7, its just a minor minor usability bug (IMHO) - Keep on the good work!

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #4,137 of 6,207
When I use the Fiio Music app, its default setting is to play albums on "shuffle". I personally like to listen to albums in sequence the way the track listing is constructed. Is there a way I can set the default play mode to "normal" (the one with 2 parallel arrows) so I don't have to keep flipping to that option every time I open the app to play music?

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #4,138 of 6,207
When I use the Fiio Music app, its default setting is to play albums on "shuffle". I personally like to listen to albums in sequence the way the track listing is constructed. Is there a way I can set the default play mode to "normal" (the one with 2 parallel arrows) so I don't have to keep flipping to that option every time I open the app to play music?
That is strange, mine keeps the last setting, even after reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back