FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 5, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #4,036 of 6,207
How do I do that? This happens with all the files from two separate albums, which makes me wonder about the likelihood of corrupted files being the source for this problem. But I can check, if I know how to do that.

Get foobar2000 and the File Integrity Verifier component. Enqueue the files in question, mark them, right-click and select Utilities -> Verify integrity.

If it returns audio CRC errors, your files are damaged.

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #4,037 of 6,207
Sounds like the card, I could be wrong. But if it happening with all songs I would reformat the card, using FAT32 and reload it. I use CleanMyDrive2 on my Mac to clean cards there is always junk accumulating as you load music onto a card. SDFormatter is a good bit of software to use on a card.
He said in the same post that he moved the files to internal storage and it did the same thing.

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #4,038 of 6,207
He said in the same post that he moved the files to internal storage and it did the same thing.
Didn't see that. Then I would do a factory reset or reload the current FW and a reset after 1st deleting the files that were added right before the problem started and see what that does for the issue and then doing a factory reset if it continues and then a reload of the FW and reset.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #4,039 of 6,207
Sounds like the card, I could be wrong. But if it happening with all songs I would reformat the card, using FAT32 and reload it. I use CleanMyDrive2 on my Mac to clean cards there is always junk accumulating as you load music onto a card. SDFormatter is a good bit of software to use on a card.
I moved the files to internal memory, it did not make a difference. So the card should not be the problem.
I also tried multiple players, with variable results. DSF files are played correctly by the Fiio player, but they are not recognized by jetAudio Plus. FLAC (24/192) are played correctlly by jetAudio Plus, BUT not by Fiio player (stuttering). (Incidentally, this rules out corrupted files, I think.) What a mess! :frowning2:

Mar 5, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #4,041 of 6,207
Does anyone know if the X7 MK2 will output digital audio via usb? I want to get a streamer for Tidal with my work setup (Denafrips Ares DAC).
I apologize if I missed this and it has been answered before.

Also, does it allow for Tidal downloads (offline)?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #4,042 of 6,207
Hello,

I am relatively new to the HiRes world. I have had an X7 Mark II for a few months and love it. Today for the first time I downloaded some 24/192 FLAC tracks from HDTracks. I copied them to my card (SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I, Class 10). The files stutter during playback. All of them. Thinking it could be an issue with the memory card (unlikely with this specific card, but who knows?) I m oved the files to internal storage, and the problem persists.

Am I doing something wrong? Sure the X7 can play these files, right?

Thank you!
Did you perform a library scan after having imported the files?

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #4,044 of 6,207
Hello,

I am relatively new to the HiRes world. I have had an X7 Mark II for a few months and love it. Today for the first time I downloaded some 24/192 FLAC tracks from HDTracks. I copied them to my card (SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I, Class 10). The files stutter during playback. All of them. Thinking it could be an issue with the memory card (unlikely with this specific card, but who knows?) I m oved the files to internal storage, and the problem persists.

Am I doing something wrong? Sure the X7 can play these files, right?

Thank you!
Dear friend,

Did you turn on the Viper effect? What about turning off it? You may provide some of your music files for confirming the issue.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 6, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #4,046 of 6,207
Did you turn on the Viper effect?
Thank you all for them any replies. Here is what I know so far.
- Viper effects off.
- All files moved to internal storage, so this is not a card issue.
- Two albums are involved. Album 1 is FLAC 24/192. Album 2 is DSF.
- The Fiio app will play correctly the DSF album. It will NOT play correctly the FLAC album (stuttering throughout all songs).
- jetAudio Plus will play correctly the FLAC album. It will not even recognize the DSF album (I suspect DSF playback is not supported by this app).
- PowerAmp will play both, BUT the sound volume is weak and the quality of the playback seems to be inferior to both the Fiio app and the jetAudio app.

I hope it makes sense. Thank you!

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #4,047 of 6,207
- jetAudio Plus will play correctly the FLAC album. It will not even recognize the DSF album (I suspect DSF playback is not supported by this app).

DSD audio is a niche product within the audiophile market, which in return is a niche market itself. jetAudio is one of those audio apps that are all about effects and so-called enhancements and it is subjected to Android SRC, i.e. it is the anti-thesis of an "audiophile" app, so adding DSD support wouldn't make much sense for them.

There are quite a few apps that can decode hi-res audio (whether it is DSD or PCM-based formats like FLAC), but the only ones that support hi-res output (>48 kHz) on the X7MkII right now are FiiO Music and Neutron (though the latter still relies on PCM conversion for DSD content at the moment).

As for your FLAC file that causes issues with FiiO Music: Did you verify its integrity using foobar2000 yet?

If the audio stream itself isn't damaged, reducing the compression level might be worth try.

I can see a not so well optimized app struggle when decoding heavily compressed (like FLAC level 8) hi-res content, while a more technically mature (or less quality-orientated) one manages to handle it without audible problems.

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #4,048 of 6,207
I am facing an issue I already encountered and that was solved while discussing with FiiO, but I cannot seem to reproduce the solution :frowning2:

I have about 8000 tracks, from 16/44.1 to DSF. My usual way to listen to music is "I want to listen to that particular artist", and then from the artist chose the album I want to listen to.

After having added so many files I preferred to resume the library and proceed to a rescan, absolutely no 24 bit album show under the "Artist" sorting. 16/44.1 and DSF show correctly.

For instance, in my "Beatles" folder, I see 420 files listed, but choosing it I can only see the Beatles In Mono Box set showing a total of 149 songs; the 24/44.1 albums from the Apple USB stick do not show.

Even more frustrating is that switching from the "Albums" sorting within the "Artists" view to the "Songs" within the same "Artists" view, I can see all of the 24 bit files.

I already proceeded three times to the clearing of the clearing of FiiO Music app (Settings => Apps => All => FiiO Music => Force stop, Clear Data and Clear cache => restart => Rescan).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #4,050 of 6,207
Another issue I have noticed is that when pausing music for more than 20 seconds using the hardware button with the screen off, when you unpause the music, the screen turns on.

Can there be a way to disable this? I often pause and then un-pause music while the X7ii is in my inside pocket, and so the battery is being drained more than it needs to by the screen remaining on in my pocket for 10 minutes each time.

I know I can reduce the screen timeout time but I like having it set at 10 minutes for when I am using the X7ii on my desk, and don't want to keep adjusting it all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back