FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 2, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #4,021 of 6,207
Well it's good to know i'm not alone. Hopeully it can be fixed in a firmware update!

If I remember correctly, when it happens the play/pause icon on the screen will still switch as though it is paused and only corrects itself when you pause and un-pause again.

It happens to me often when I'm listening with X7 screen off, pressing pause makes a small like half a second pause and then keeps playing; I press pause again and it stops - after that and while it plays the same track/playlist the pause button behaves normally, but if I select to play a different album (basically a stop/play) the problem repeats... didn't make exhaustive tests for consistency of the problem but its more or less this. I think @FiiO should revise the code related with "pause/play", "resume mode" and "gapless" playback and how those functions are messing with each other... just my perception...

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #4,022 of 6,207
It happens to me often when I'm listening with X7 screen off, pressing pause makes a small like half a second pause and then keeps playing; I press pause again and it stops - after that and while it plays the same track/playlist the pause button behaves normally, but if I select to play a different album (basically a stop/play) the problem repeats... didn't make exhaustive tests for consistency of the problem but its more or less this. I think @FiiO should revise the code related with "pause/play", "resume mode" and "gapless" playback and how those functions are messing with each other... just my perception...
Yeah this is the problem, it happens when the screen is off and the player is in my inside pocket so it's quite annoying when you have to reach for the button a second time.

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #4,023 of 6,207
I also wanted to ask if anyone else experiences an issue with songs sometimes not pausing when pressing the play/pause button on the side of the device? Occasionally it will just hitch for a moment before continuing with the song. I then have to press the button a 2nd time and then it will pause.
Dear friend,

The issue would happen in lock screen mode? Would the other physical button work at that time? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 3, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #4,024 of 6,207
I would like to report bugs on 1.0.5 and latest fiio app 3.4.1

When switching from android to pure mode the play screen show up empty songs as the image below. After I press play it display the correct number of total songs.

And turning on the machine into pure music mode when it's in shutdown state. You can see it's missing the alphabetical slider on the right
Dear friend,

It may take some time for the product to load the data after switching. Did you choose the sorting by first letter in Alphabetical order across languages first?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 3, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #4,025 of 6,207
Two small but annoying issues I'm hoping can be addressed in future firmware:

When the amp disengages about 10-20 seconds after you stop listening to music, the clicking can be very loud on high sensitivity / low impedance headphones. I am using 64 Audio A18 and through the balanced on the AM3A, the click is way too loud - almost to the point it could damage the headphones.

I hear the same sound on single ended, but it's lower. This has forced me to use single ended on the AM3A - and prevents me from using these IEMs with amp 2 or amp 5.

Secondly, when music is engaged there is two clicks one between the left and right channel and one in the center channel. Again lower on single ended because the power output is lower.

If the X7ii has a relay or an automute function, can these sounds be eliminated?

Mar 3, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #4,026 of 6,207
Dear friend,

The issue would happen in lock screen mode? Would the other physical button work at that time? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards
Yes well I only experience it in lock screen mode because that's the only time I use the hardware buttons. I will try to remember to try and use the other buttons when it next happens and let you know, but it is often when I am out travelling with the X7 in my pocket.

Mar 5, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #4,027 of 6,207
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I connected different pairs of IEMs to both the 3.5mm and 2.5mm jack at the same time?

1) Only the 3.5mm will play
2) Only the 2.5mm will play
3) Both the 3.5mm and 2.5mm will play
4) Total protonic reversal

Obviously I don't want to test this myself and have every molecule in my body explode at the speed of light, so has anybody else tested it?

Mar 5, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #4,028 of 6,207
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I connected different pairs of IEMs to both the 3.5mm and 2.5mm jack at the same time?

1) Only the 3.5mm will play
2) Only the 2.5mm will play
3) Both the 3.5mm and 2.5mm will play
4) Total protonic reversal

Obviously I don't want to test this myself and have every molecule in my body explode at the speed of light, so has anybody else tested it?
LO > 2.5 > 3.5 those are the priority for the jacks.

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #4,029 of 6,207
Hello,

I am relatively new to the HiRes world. I have had an X7 Mark II for a few months and love it. Today for the first time I downloaded some 24/192 FLAC tracks from HDTracks. I copied them to my card (SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I, Class 10). The files stutter during playback. All of them. Thinking it could be an issue with the memory card (unlikely with this specific card, but who knows?) I m oved the files to internal storage, and the problem persists.

Am I doing something wrong? Sure the X7 can play these files, right?

Thank you!

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #4,030 of 6,207
Hello,

I am relatively new to the HiRes world. I have had an X7 Mark II for a few months and love it. Today for the first time I downloaded some 24/192 FLAC tracks from HDTracks. I copied them to my card (SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I, Class 10). The files stutter during playback. All of them. Thinking it could be an issue with the memory card (unlikely with this specific card, but who knows?) I m oved the files to internal storage, and the problem persists.

Am I doing something wrong? Sure the X7 can play these files, right?

Thank you!
What player are you using?

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #4,032 of 6,207
I tried with the native Fiio player and jetAudio Plus - same result.
I would check the files. Seems something is corrupted or the tagging has something odd going on. I use HDtracks all the time with no issues.

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #4,033 of 6,207
Two small but annoying issues I'm hoping can be addressed in future firmware:

When the amp disengages about 10-20 seconds after you stop listening to music, the clicking can be very loud on high sensitivity / low impedance headphones. I am using 64 Audio A18 and through the balanced on the AM3A, the click is way too loud - almost to the point it could damage the headphones.

I hear the same sound on single ended, but it's lower. This has forced me to use single ended on the AM3A - and prevents me from using these IEMs with amp 2 or amp 5.

Secondly, when music is engaged there is two clicks one between the left and right channel and one in the center channel. Again lower on single ended because the power output is lower.

If the X7ii has a relay or an automute function, can these sounds be eliminated?
This is common on a number of players. The relays reengaging with the amp after a timeout. A mute function could work but then sometimes it might cut off a fraction of the song and people wouldn't like that either. I like the purist path for the signal for the best sound.

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #4,034 of 6,207
I would check the files. Seems something is corrupted or the tagging has something odd going on. I use HDtracks all the time with no issues.

How do I do that? This happens with all the files from two separate albums, which makes me wonder about the likelihood of corrupted files being the source for this problem. But I can check, if I know how to do that.

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #4,035 of 6,207
How do I do that? This happens with all the files from two separate albums, which makes me wonder about the likelihood of corrupted files being the source for this problem. But I can check, if I know how to do that.
Sounds like the card, I could be wrong. But if it happening with all songs I would reformat the card, using FAT32 and reload it. I use CleanMyDrive2 on my Mac to clean cards there is always junk accumulating as you load music onto a card. SDFormatter is a good bit of software to use on a card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back