FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Oct 18, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #2,506 of 6,207
Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #2,507 of 6,207
Linn LP12 klimax intercepting the audio with a Furutech GT40a into a i7 pc with Audacity but a friend did some with this SONY PS-HX500 USB Turntable and they were just as good

WOW! Thanks

Ps: Sorry the OT guys, back on X7 mk.2, this thread is strangely quiet, is this good or bad?
:dt880smile:

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #2,508 of 6,207
Good afternoon. I am new here and I would like to ask a question. I ordered my FIIO x7II and its arriving soon. Would it be unnecessary to match that with FIIO e17k Alpen 2? Would that improve the sound quality?

Thank you!
The amp and DAC are arguably superior in the X7ii, so I wouldn’t recommend pairing it with the E17K - unless of course you really want the tone controls

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #2,509 of 6,207
after i transfer a lot of music to Fiiox7ii, and i tried playing DSD in Neutron Music app the music rather stutter like few seconds basically i listen pause & play like music.....

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #2,510 of 6,207
I have stuttering problem with Tidal HiFi on X7ii as well - the music start stuttering after a few tracks, be it streaming or offline. My V20 plays perfectly under same network.

I just notice, enable crossfade in Tidal's setting get around this problem on the X7ii.

Way late to the party here, but I was thinking about returning the X7 Mark II until I saw your comment. Tried it and it's working. You are my hero, thank you for posting this!

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #2,512 of 6,207
Thank you for your answer. Would you pair it with anything? I have oppo pm3 and audeze el-8 closed back.

X7 dac isnt exactly lower end. On the contrary its quiet nice and you need pretty decent hps and amps to transmit everything its capable of.

I am not saying here from point of view of measurements but from what i hear.

Adding an amp thats not good will result in colouration that you can actually hear and make out. Also it will mask some subtle dynamics and details. You want to hear them i assume thats why you made this investment in first place.

Since you own planars, but i dont have experience with those models. Most full size hps will give better impact and a more present and robust sound on adding an amp. Make sure that amp is a good one and transmits all goodness x7 is capable of.

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #2,513 of 6,207
I see a lot of people depend on measurements these days for gear evaluation. Ironic.

First things that measurements prove is that with todays gear, the differences in technical performance are so minute that its imperceptable to human ear. So basically all gear sounds the same.

If so, whats the point of hanging around here. This industry has already delivered best gear it could and next gear you will buy will sound exactly like your previous gear.

Lol.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #2,514 of 6,207
Thank you for your answer. Would you pair it with anything? I have oppo pm3 and audeze el-8 closed back.
Both of those planars were designed to be relatively easy to drive, and the AM3A amp is not a sluggard when it comes to power either. My advice would be to try without an amp first, and if you think they’re getting insufficient power, then consider going balanced on the Audeze (it’ll give you increased power output). The PM3 won’t need it (and yes I have tried them with other gear, and no they didn’t need further amplification)

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #2,515 of 6,207
I see a lot of people depend on measurements these days for gear evaluation. Ironic.

First things that measurements prove is that with todays gear, the differences in technical performance are so minute that its imperceptable to human ear. So basically all gear sounds the same.

If so, whats the point of hanging around here. This industry has already delivered best gear it could and next gear you will buy will sound exactly like your previous gear.

Lol.
They tell a story - not the whole story. And the measurements are very handy to understand what you’re hearing. I find it ironic that someone who hasn’t reviewed anything on here at all would be critical of those who spend their time trying to provide others with the best mix of objective and subjective information they can.

I’ll wait for your first reviews, and then perhaps we can discuss why a mix of objective and subjective data is so handy to describe not only what we’re hearing, but also why ....

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #2,516 of 6,207
They tell a story - not the whole story. And the measurements are very handy to understand what you’re hearing. I find it ironic that someone who hasn’t reviewed anything on here at all would be critical of those who spend their time trying to provide others with the best mix of objective and subjective information they can.

I’ll wait for your first reviews, and then perhaps we can discuss why a mix of objective and subjective data is so handy to describe not only what we’re hearing, but also why ....

Hey i have done reviews here.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #2,517 of 6,207
They don’t show up in your profile - care to provide a link - or better, PM so it doesn’t drag this off topic?

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #2,519 of 6,207
Hi guys,

Can I plug my X7 mk2 to that "USB IN" of my CD player? Its the Ayon CD-07 and the information on user manual or whatever I searched is not conclusive for me.
The player has a COAX OUT where you can output a SPDIF digital signal for an external DAC, this can be enabled to upsample to 24/192 (switch on RC) - USB IN says only "Digital input", so I guess I can feed at least a 16/44 PCM signal and make use of the internal DAC/Pré-amp section which I believe will result better than my K5 dock RCA's. There's no way of using the coax digital out, right?

The USB digital out from X7 that I've seen referred as a reason for bricking it? if so, which cable? (eventually FiiO will fix the problem).

Thanks for any feedback

IMG_1564.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back