FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 22, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #2,086 of 6,207
Ok by the way I just reread the flow of posts and rereading alone doesn't solve my confusion as you suggested it would. I do take you at your word that you were not addressing my post. Ha fi been thin skinned I might be insulted. I am not. You said
Can't when you meant something else. I mention this just to say that forum discussions are somewhat imprecise. FIIO should understand this as well. Reading people say they are lazy seems like a small price to pay for truly understanding consumer sentiment. Perhaps it is not an insult at all. I bought the X5iii believing their statement that replaygain would be implemented. Now they claim it won't be. How should I feel? Foobar can implement it. FIIo is choosing not to. See my post in the x5iii thread bout my history with fiio. I've gone from fanboy to frustrated.
Just to be clear, calling someone lazy IS an insult

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #2,087 of 6,207
got my hands on the x7 mkII to try out yesterday, but ran into troubles ..
The device freezes more than playing music.
First played some songs through my inears, ok fine sounds good. than powered down the device to travel 2 hours.
after that the device won't power on again. had to hold power for 15 seconds.
connected it via usb to my Hugo mk II hit play -> freeze.
tried again, played some seconds -> freeze.
other issue the Hugo indicated the usb out was not bit perfect, the output was another sample rate than the music played.

seems like a waste of my lifetime this product, or am I doing something really wrong?

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #2,088 of 6,207
I shall lets other with the device chime in but from what i have read till now USB out may still not work perfectly. And ASRC is a problem with the X5 III was hoping it wouldn't be on the X7II.

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #2,089 of 6,207
Just to be clear, calling someone lazy IS an insult

Maybe but I would suggest in this case it is a small insult at best. I said it without scorn. I simply have come to believe that their commercial decision was not to expend the energy required to make a top quality product. Others may blame incompetence. If they conclude incompetence and state that in this thread is that also an insult? What if they decide it is based on greed? Not all unflattering statements of opinion or fact are insults. Just to be clear I think you are mistaken

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #2,092 of 6,207
got my hands on the x7 mkII to try out yesterday, but ran into troubles ..
The device freezes more than playing music.
First played some songs through my inears, ok fine sounds good. than powered down the device to travel 2 hours.
after that the device won't power on again. had to hold power for 15 seconds.
connected it via usb to my Hugo mk II hit play -> freeze.
tried again, played some seconds -> freeze.
other issue the Hugo indicated the usb out was not bit perfect, the output was another sample rate than the music played.

seems like a waste of my lifetime this product, or am I doing something really wrong?

csglinux
Just to reiterate a warning I made several pages back... Be cautious about using USB out into anything. It did work for me (into a Chord DAC), but only briefly. It would reliably cause the X7ii to freeze, requiring a hard re-boot. At one point after such a reboot, the device stopped accepting a charge. I had to do a couple of factory resets before I was able to get the unit charging again. There's definitely some stability issues with USB out.

He posted it a couple of days ago. So, better not try again until FiiO addresses the issue.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #2,095 of 6,207
so thanks for the comments, but if I buy a unit for this price I expect it to work as intended and did not go to this thread to know what works and what did not work.
so now I have the battery issue. what to do now? I've tried 5 factory resets now. plugged the charger it, hold power for 15 seconds 2 times nothing.

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #2,096 of 6,207
Have you contacted the seller, or contacted FiiO direct? It could be the unit is faulty. Its rare but happens occasionally - I've had it with brand new review samples. Sometimes you just get a dud.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #2,097 of 6,207
so thanks for the comments, but if I buy a unit for this price I expect it to work as intended and did not go to this thread to know what works and what did not work.
so now I have the battery issue. what to do now? I've tried 5 factory resets now. plugged the charger it, hold power for 15 seconds 2 times nothing.

Dang. Sorry to hear that. If I can offer some hope though - I had the exact same problem after trying USB-out. I did eventually get it powered up and working again, but it took me about 24 hours of messing about, plugging in various different chargers and cables and holding the power button for 15 seconds, etc. Good luck buddy.

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #2,098 of 6,207
thanks for help and comments so far. I've not contacted the seller because they are closed over the weekend.
I've made a factory reset incl. erase all data on internal memory, which really sucks because I've all new bought cds on internal memory.
No charge after unit came up, I pressed power button to power down the unit (still connected to charger), after power down the unit shows the charging screen.
now I've waited 3 hours and powered the unit on again, power indicates 58 % before were 60%.
I will now let the dap run out of power and than try to charge it, maybe there is a problem in the software not showing the right % of power.
But I think I'll the return the unit on monday, I want a working product to hear my music not a buggy faulty unit to mess around with for over 700€

I didn't like the X7, it was a buggy mess, I'd like the X7 MkII less, it seems to be a unit with worse bugs. but this time I won't make the mistake to keep the dap and hope fiio to fix the bugs.

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #2,099 of 6,207
I hope FiiO are looking into this USB-out issue as a priority. As you say, people aren't going to read through an entire thread for things they shouldn't risk doing. But I'll say it again here anyway... Don't try using the USB-out on your X7 Mark II! Not only doesn't it work properly, but it seems there's a serious risk of it bricking your device :frowning2:

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #2,100 of 6,207
This DAP only has 9 reviews on Amazon and the latest includes a one star and a two star. I know from all the reading I’ve done on this thread that 22% of owners do not think the X7 deserves 2 stars or less. If you bought from Amazon please consider posting a review

Lol. Wrote this before the last few postings. Sounds like the five star or two/one star spread might be an accurate reflection of people’s feelings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back