FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 21, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #2,057 of 6,207
For information, be careful to not have different albums with the same name :wink:
When it is the case then sometimes it is not the correct cover which is displayed (ie. the same cover is used for all the albums with the same name) in the Fiio player.

I also problem the following problem :
all the music (which come from all the album with the same name) are put together in one big album when you browse in the album list inside the Fiio player

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_151501.jpg
    IMG_20170921_151501.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #2,061 of 6,207
This may be a stupid question, but if I connect the X7II to an external amp (like the Fiio A5) through the line out, is the sound affected at all by which amp module I have connected to the unit? In other words, will the signal through the line out be different if I have the AM2 or AM5 still hooked up, etc.?

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #2,062 of 6,207
This may be a stupid question, but if I connect the X7II to an external amp (like the Fiio A5) through the line out, is the sound affected at all by which amp module I have connected to the unit? In other words, will the signal through the line out be different if I have the AM2 or AM5 still hooked up, etc.?

Noo - the line-out is by design independent from the amp modules. It won't be affected.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #2,064 of 6,207
For information, be careful to not have different albums with the same name :wink:
When it is the case then sometimes it is not the correct cover which is displayed (ie. the same cover is used for all the albums with the same name) in the Fiio player.

I also problem the following problem :
all the music (which come from all the album with the same name) are put together in one big album when you browse in the album list inside the Fiio player
:sweat_smile: Not sure whether other APPs can separate the album with the same name. Maybe you can add the number in the album name to destinguish the two?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 22, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #2,067 of 6,207
I create them manually in a player like Foobar, then copy them across. Access them from folder view.

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #2,068 of 6,207
@FiiO, one thing IMHO should be corrected is the red zone on the VU meters. Its mostly an aesthetical issue but there's no reason you consider the red zone from -20 dB up on deep black theme and from -10 dB in the new simplicity white.
Just a question of coherence.

My 0.00002 cents

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #2,069 of 6,207
I like using my X7 MKII with my B&W P9’s. They have wonderful tone with the X7 MKII. I’ve also tried them with my D7200’s and the Z1R’s. The D7200’s are reference sounding headphones with great bass with the AM3A module I thought was to neutral for them. With the AM5 module the D7200’s excelled. The Z1R’s seem to favor the AM3A module. These two together made for a really interesting musical experience.

Could not agree more :). The X7ii with AM3A pairs very well with both the P9 and Z1R. We seems to have the same taste in headphones, though I have never heard the D7200. My initial thought was to get the AM5 module, but I am not so sure now. I really like the AM3A module and it has more than enough power for my headphones.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #2,070 of 6,207
Could not agree more :). The X7ii with AM3A pairs very well with both the P9 and Z1R. We seems to have the same taste in headphones, though I have never heard the D7200. My initial thought was to get the AM5 module, but I am not so sure now. I really like the AM3A module and it has more than enough power for my headphones.
I bought the AM5 module because I knew I had headphones that are little tougher to drive. But for the most part the AM3A module has been affixed to my X7 MKII. It’s so musical. When I bought it I had no intentions on using it with full sized cans. But it is performing well above expectations. The P9’s are so underrated IMO. They work so well as a portable headphone and X7 MKII drives them with authority and control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back