FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 17, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #1,951 of 6,207
Anyone know where should i put the music file in if i want to save them into the internal storage?
I've put them into mnt/internal_sd/music
But they wont appear in the music player app.
I have to go to the path in order to open the music.

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #1,952 of 6,207
Anyone know where should i put the music file in if i want to save them into the internal storage?
I've put them into mnt/internal_sd/music
But they wont appear in the music player app.
I have to go to the path in order to open the music.
After placing the files in the said location did you update your media library?

Sep 17, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #1,954 of 6,207
Should I be running balanced for my ciem? Need to spend on the cable . Is there significant difference ?

As you know @FiiO is promoting balanced connections on all their DAP line, so are other manufacturers like A&K, Sony, etc. On the paper you get better channel separation since the neutral is not shared by both channels and better resistance to interferences. On reality you have tho kinds of listeners, the ones that can hear it and the ones that don’t.

One other hypothesis is that nothing of this is real and the whole industry is tricking us, making us All to believe it sounds better but it doesn’t - like the guys that always said vinyl was sounding better than CD but “in paper” we shouldn’t hear the difference. Balanced is better to my hearing with my IEM, might not be much noticeable with a different hearphone, so, if you can’t try it before buying, its a shot in the dark

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #1,955 of 6,207
I just got my X7 mark 2 and am really loving it. Immediately, when paired with the AKG k7xx, the separation is top notch, and the bass is tighter than with the AK70.

I do have one question - i can't get it to trigger as a USB DAC in Mac OSX El Capitan. I've already set it to USB DAC mode. I didn't have problems getting the AK70 to work as a DAC.

Sep 17, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #1,956 of 6,207
That's why I really hope FiiO would release an all new AMP module for improved power and SQ just like DX200.

Why - they now have 6 different modules - including 2 high power ones, and 2 balanced ones. Why on earth would they need to add yet more?

Sep 17, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #1,957 of 6,207
I just got my X7 mark 2 and am really loving it. Immediately, when paired with the AKG k7xx, the separation is top notch, and the bass is tighter than with the AK70.

I do have one question - i can't get it to trigger as a USB DAC in Mac OSX El Capitan. I've already set it to USB DAC mode. I didn't have problems getting the AK70 to work as a DAC.

Can you try another USB cable?

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #1,958 of 6,207
Why - they now have 6 different modules - including 2 high power ones, and 2 balanced ones. Why on earth would they need to add yet more?
We had this conversation earlier..AM5 sounds warmer and an updated AMP with improved SQ is always welcome. Or they simply release updated versions of existing modules with latest hardware.

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #1,959 of 6,207
But why?

They have:
- A very neutral amp single ended with longer battery life - good for IEMs (AM1)
- A slightly warmer richer muse based amp medium power - good for IEMs and most portables (AM2)
- Another more neutral amp - but this time with much higher output balanced (AM3)
- A high power amp - on the warm and rich side (AM5)
- A different version of AM2 with more power (AM2A)
- And now the AM3A which is an update of the AM3

Why would FiiO develop another amp just because iBasso has a high power amp? FiiO already have one. In fact they have 6 modules compared to iBassos 3. Is anybody on iBasso's thread asking why they don't have the same amount as FiiO? I'm sorry - I just can't see the logic.

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,960 of 6,207
But why?

They have:
- A very neutral amp single ended with longer battery life - good for IEMs (AM1)
- A slightly warmer richer muse based amp medium power - good for IEMs and most portables (AM2)
- Another more neutral amp - but this time with much higher output balanced (AM3)
- A high power amp - on the warm and rich side (AM5)

Why would FiiO develop another amp just because iBasso has a high power amp? FiiO already have one. In fact they have 6 modules compared to iBassos 3. Is anybody on iBasso's thread asking why they don't have the same amount as FiiO? I'm sorry - I just can't see the logic.

So far the reviews or impressions suggest that AM3A is an improvement on all previous AMP modules, what's the harm in releasing a new AMP module..Nothing is perfect and there is always a scope for improvement.

If you think so, why do we need to X7 II? We can stick to X7 and call it a day...I am not talking about other manufacturers but FiiO definitely improved a few things with each updated version of their product line..then why can't they do the same with AMP modules?

Yourself just told that
why can't there be an updated version of AM5?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #1,961 of 6,207
Someone asked for a quick comparison of AM5 to AM3A - and then you asked:

That's why I really hope FiiO would release an all new AMP module for improved power and SQ just like DX200.

FIIO ALREADY HAVE ONE

I give up ..........

Apologies - I shouldn't be so snarky - but it seems to me that the current pursuit for higher numbers is just extremely silly.

1. THD figures are already so low - they are inaudible
  2. Crosstalk figures are likewise beyond the limits of hearing - so balanced is really only good for the extra power it brings
  3. Additional SNR is not going to contribute anything -you can't hear the noise anyway
Which leaves us with power - and this is a trade-off. Higher power = lower battery life. This is a portable device. Most users aren't going to be driving anything more demanding than portable headphones or IEMs. It'll comfortably power a 300 ohm headphone as well (makes a good job of the HD800S anyway).

So thats why I'm asking why we need more amp modules. What more can they bring to the table?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,963 of 6,207
Now i give up! :wink:

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,964 of 6,207
Someone asked for a quick comparison of AM5 to AM3A - and then you asked:

FIIO ALREADY HAVE ONE

I give up ..........

Apologies - I shouldn't be so snarky - but it seems to me that the current pursuit for higher numbers is just extremely silly.

1. THD figures are already so low - they are inaudible
  2. Crosstalk figures are likewise beyond the limits of hearing - so balanced is really only good for the extra power it brings
  3. Additional SNR is not going to contribute anything -you can't hear the noise anyway
Which leaves us with power - and this is a trade-off. Higher power = lower battery life. This is a portable device. Most users aren't going to be driving anything more demanding than portable headphones or IEMs. It'll comfortably power a 300 ohm headphone as well (makes a good job of the HD800S anyway).

So thats why I'm asking why we need more amp modules. What more can they bring to the table?
I also agree this is enough for specs.

Anymore and we'd be audiophools just asking for higher specs that we won't audibly hear anymore.

Since it is a portable dap I doubt many want to sacrifice much battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back