FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #301 of 6,207
I am super excited to get my hands on it. However, I would like to have your advise whether this is a good match for my only IEM SE846 using 3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced output options. As this IEM being super sensitive (9 ohms I think), someone advised me to look for a source with an output impedance of 1 ohm or less. Currently using iPhone 6 plus as a source and I am happy with it. Thanks in advance.

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #302 of 6,207
As this IEM being super sensitive (9 ohms I think), someone advised me to look for a source with an output impedance of 1 ohm or less. Currently using iPhone 6 plus as a source and I am happy with it. Thanks in advance.
The specified impedances for AM3A bundled amp for the X7-II are: <1.2Ω (32Ω loaded) for the single ended out, and <1.7Ω (32Ω loaded) for the balanced out. The recommended IEM impedance lies in the 16~150 Ω (single ended headphone out) and 16~300 Ω (Balanced out) ranges. Considering the measured 10 Ohm impedance of your Shure SE846, it is better to try by yourself. Though this IEM model will definitely sound better with the X7-II than with your iPhone 6 plus, I guess:))

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #303 of 6,207
@FiiO
Please confirm when X7 II will be released in India and what will be the price.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the support! The X7MKII will be released in India in September or so. The price has not been determined by now.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 25, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #305 of 6,207
20170726_001328_001[1].jpg

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #307 of 6,207
Day 5 and I have not even tried the EQ yet.

Sounds great with expensive gear or affordable gear.
Sounds good with IEM with slightly elevated bass lines and others with flat bass lines.
There is a "Honeymoon" period with all gear. It's a real phenom. But I am enjoying this thing tremendously. Cannot sit and think rational about anything that slightly bugs me or I find I am adjusting to subconsciously.

Screenshot_2017-07-26-12-17-19.png

Screenshot_2017-07-26-12-13-36.png

20170726_132219[1].jpg

This is Tom Scholz,

He has a unique sound and solo's

he sounds epic (jamming as i type this)

Wooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Now everybody's got advice they just keep on givin'
Doesn't mean too much to me

tom sholz.jpg

Lots of people out to make-believe they're livin'
Can't decide who they should be, whoa

I understand about indecision
But I don't care if I get behind
People livin' in competition
All I want is to have my peace of mind

Take a look ahead, take a look ahead, look ahead

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #308 of 6,207
Hawaiibadboy,

Can you give me a lowdown on this query of mine :dt880smile:

Is the x7ii a big step up from the x7i on am3?

I recently bought the am3 for my x7i and currently am enjoying it but I am itching to get the x7ii as well.

Thanks buddy.

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #309 of 6,207
Hawaiibadboy,

Can you give me a lowdown on this query of mine :dt880smile:

Is the x7ii a big step up from the x7i on am3?

I recently bought the am3 for my x7i and currently am enjoying it but I am itching to get the x7ii as well.

Thanks buddy.

My experience with X7 was only with the IEM amp.
It was dry and clinical and completely not my thing.

For ref here is my quick list of dry to lush

DRY>>DX200>X7>.......Neutral>PHA-3>>Aune M1s...Tilt warm> Calyx-M Shozy+ OPUS #1 (Aluminum chasis) Cayin N3 warmer>>Mojo >X5iii ..... too warm> Cayin i5 (which also had odd treble along with OPUS #3)

You asked me so that's how I see it.

The X7ii would be between PHA-3 and Calyx-M. Which is apparently my sweet spot. I have heard the DX and X7 benefited from later amp releases but I cannot comment on that since i never heard them.

So is it big?
I cannot say without having tried the am3 so...i just wasted your time.

Forgive me :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #310 of 6,207
My experience with X7 was only with the IEM amp.
It was dry and clinical and completely not my thing.

For ref here is my quick list of dry to lush

DRY>>DX200>X7>.......Neutral>PHA-3>>Aune M1s...Tilt warm> Calyx-M Shozy+ OPUS #1 (Aluminum chasis) Cayin N3 warmer>>Mojo >X5iii ..... too warm> Cayin i5 (which also had odd treble along with OPUS #3)

You asked me so that's how I see it.

The X7ii would be between PHA-3 and Calyx-M. Which is apparently my sweet spot. I have heard the DX and X7 benefited from later amp releases but I cannot comment on that since i never heard them.

So is it big?
I cannot say without having tried the am3 so...i just wasted your time.

Forgive me :frowning2:

Nice, I can't stop asking a question. How is the treble extension compared to X5 3?

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #311 of 6,207
Nice, I can't stop asking a question. How is the treble extension compared to X5 3?

I own the EX1000 ( best IEM all time IMO and they are detail monsters that cause some to folks to re-coil due to sharpness) They love the X7ii. The 64 U12 love the X7ii as well as Ma-900 and all my other stuff.
I like big stages and sparkles. I am very pleased.

If FiiO was imagining what a non side grade to X7 would be and a step up from X5iii would be they nailed it.

Fiio is kinda taking over a good market share and listening to this thing....I am glad they are. The listen they learn and they grow.

Fantastic piece of kit.

EDIT:
The whole hype,new toy syndrome, un intended shilling are all real things that happen way too much.
I'm aware of that.

I am enjoying the crap outta this thing though and that is what it is.

Happiness...i think it's called?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #312 of 6,207
I own the EX1000 ( best IEM all time IMO and they are detail monsters that cause some to folks to re-coil due to sharpness) They love the X7ii. The 64 U12 love the X7ii as well as Ma-900 and all my other stuff.

If FiiO was imagining what a non side grade to X7 would be and a step up from X5iii would be they nailed it.

Fiio is kinda taking over a good market share and listening to this thing....I am glad they are. The listen they learn and they grow.

Fantastic piece of kit.

EDIT:
The whole hype,new toy syndrome, un intended shilling are all real things that happen way too much.
I'm aware of that.

I am enjoying the **** outta this thing though and that is what it is.

Sometimes spelt BLISS :wink: You are making the wait very VERY hard!

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #313 of 6,207
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #315 of 6,207

Fantastic piece of kit.

EDIT:
I'm aware of that.

I am enjoying the **** outta this thing though and that is what it is.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Thanks for the details.
That is really tempting, my anxiety just pumped up and September feels like a year. Oh..FiiO, please release it in India as fast as you can.

+one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back